GIRL POWER! ✌️ The Spice Girls Discography Rate (THREE WEEKS LEFT TO VOTE!) | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GIRL POWER! ✌️ The Spice Girls Discography Rate (THREE WEEKS LEFT TO VOTE!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Apr 23, 2018.

?

Your favourite Spice Girl?

1. Baby

35 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. Ginger

41 vote(s)
    36.3%
  3. Posh

18 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Scary

7 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. Sporty

12 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. Like I've said previously my thoughts on Forever will be known shortly.

[​IMG]

andru, crash9081, Ray and 1 other person like this.
  2. Eek!

3. Ha, I do like some of it.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  4. Better than nothing at all!

5. [​IMG]

Before I start, I have to say this album is one of my favourites, ever. I have promo posters framed in my house and basically hold it up as untouchable to most other albums...

Spiceworld kicks off with the first single 'Spice Up Your Life', this song still gives me goosebumps, the way the instrumental just crashes in, the way the girls vocals layer together almost hypnotically, etc. It's a celebration of people. My strongest memory of the song though is being sat (eventually up dancing) in the cinema with my sister on 27th December 1997 and how the whole cinema was dancing when the girls performed the track at the end of Spice World - The Movie. Easily my 11

One of the most infamous number 2's in many ways is next, track two on this album and also charted at #2 in the UK - breaking their consecutive number ones' record, 'Stop'. A brilliant Motown-inspired pop song and the dance routine everybody knows. 10

'Too Much' is just gorgeous, all the girl's vocals shine and the instrumental is stunning. Easy - 10

I first got this album on CD for Christmas in 1997, but I did sneak and listen to the album early (I know...) 'Saturday Night Divas' always takes me back to those times and I love it. Underrated. 10

Another easy 10 is next, 'Never Give Up On The Good Times'. Such a shame it never got the full single treatment like it was meant to... not forgetting that DAMN frog!

'Move Over' I think will be a divisive one in this rate, I personally adore everything about it. I hope one day we get the 4 minute version. 9.5

The biggest grower for me over the years has been 'Do It'. I've always loved it, but of late I think it's really become one of my favourite ever tracks by the girls, the harmonies are so goooood! 10

Surely 'Denying' is the most Spice sounding track on this album? This track is the perfect example of when they balanced R&B and pop, shame Forever hardly reached these heights. 9

I'm ashamed to admit when I first had this album I didn't take much notice of 'Viva Forever', obviously that's changed completely, as I genuinely believe it's one of the best pop ballads of all time and almost my 11. 10

'The Lady Is A Vamp' wraps the album up in a camp, OTT way. Obviously because they were filming their movie this track was inspired by that. But it's still a classic and who doesn't get goosebumps when they each shout out their Spice personas?! 9

'Step To Me' is another underrated gem by the girls, the fact 600k copies of the promo single were distributed means it should have made their greatest hits album. Oh well. 8.5

The B-Sides from the Spiceworld era are mostly brilliant, 'Walk of Life' was initially on the main album and you can hear why, it's brilliant 9. 'Outer Space Girls' 8 was a late discovery for me, I had no idea it existed until I was fifteen when I bought the CD single from a car-boot sale. Ha!
    Lastly 'Spice Invaders', now this track is the one that pops into my head more than most others in this rate "hug that tree, Geri!" but it's not their finest work is it? 4

So, like I wrote at the start, this album is one of my favourites ever and I hold so many memories with it. So grateful to the girls for those insane spice years no other generation will experience it.

andru, yuuurei, soratami and 13 others like this.
  6. Feels very familiar. That era was such a carefree period in my life. All that mattered back then was getting ALL the stickers for the Panini book.

andru, P'NutButter and JMRGBY88 like this.
  7. and trading the official photographs in the playground.

andru likes this.
  8. You mean these? ;)

Schermafbeelding 2018-05-09 om 17.30.28.png

andru, londonrain, crash9081 and 3 others like this.
  9. For someone who also adores and near enough stans for this superb pop album, your review here, is music to my ears!

P'NutButter and Sprockrooster like this.
  10. Yours is in better condition than mine! ha

(Mine has old pen scribbles and the binding has fell off, but it's sentimental innit.)

andru and Riiiiiiiii like this.
  11. [​IMG]

Do I or do I not need this in my life?!

12. Yes you do. I am not ashamed to say I have two copies.

13. Ray

Ray

I *hope* to take part. It's not like there are many songs I don't know, after all... We'll see how it goes, I've got life happening AND the Pet Shop Boys rate on top of that.

Riiiiiiiii and P'NutButter like this.
  14. Remember you don't need to score the "extra" songs.

Ray likes this.
  15. And nor you should be.

P'NutButter likes this.
  16. @P'NutButter I submitted my scores last week. Did you get them? I've had issues with my PMs.

[​IMG]

P'NutButter likes this.
  17. Got 'em and they've been submitted.

[​IMG]

18. Hope you got my scores too! Biased towards Spiceworld and don't care!

andru and GimmeWork like this.
  19. Yes you do.

Why do they not have a Spiceworld vinyl?

WhatKindOfKylie? and berserkboi like this.
  20. A Spiceworld vinyl, is a must!

HollyDunnSomething likes this.