Girls Forever: The Definitive KARA Singles Rate (#12-11) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls Forever: The Definitive KARA Singles Rate (#12-11)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by 3Xs, Jan 16, 2016.

1. 3Xs

3Xs

[​IMG]

9 years, 7 members, 36 singles, 1 of K-Pop’s greatest girl groups about to be rated.

When you think of pure, no-frills pop enjoyment – you think of KARA. One third of the legendary WonSoKA trinity of 2007, KARA have had one hell of a ride since their debut. From lawsuits and lineup changes that rocked the group to the core, to conquering both the Korean and Japanese charts at the peak of their popularity, KARA has had its share of ups and downs, but what always remained untouched was the music. While their peers may have ventured into more trendy or artsy styles, KARA were a reassuring presence in the K-Pop landscape, perhaps the member of WonSoKA that changed the least and remained truest to their roots throughout the years. In a certain way, their ending feels like the end of an era in K-Pop that will never return, a simpler time of simpler music.

And so now, we pay homage to these K-Pop trailblazers in the only way we know how – a singles rate. As even the most die-hard KARA fan will tell you, they were never an albums act, and so we’re not going to waste time even pretending to mill the deep, dark corners of their discography to find lost gems. These are the hits – the bops we loved and the tunes that have stood the test of time. A singles run unrivaled by any of their peers. Here we will rate their entire singles discography, including all promoted Korean and Japanese releases by the group.​

[​IMG]

HOW TO PLAY

Rate each song from 0-10 and PM me your scores. Half scores (.5) are allowed. I’ve decided for this rate, as has become a trend in other rates, to allow only ONE 10 per ballot. Feel free to use as many 9’s or 9.5’s as you wish, but I think when you are limited to just one 10, it really makes you have to think about what is your absolute top pick.

I’m giving you all a month to do this, but what are you waiting for? STEP IT UP and vote now!​

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Alouder98, Deja-Boo and Big Bang like this.
  2. Boy did I miss your rates, consider me perched!

3Xs likes this.
  3. 3Xs

3Xs

4. I thought that the new thing was using an 11 score....I've never heard of the thing with one 10.

5. 3Xs

3Xs

It is, but 11 just seems dumb to me when the same thing can be accomplished with a 10. Ain't no damn extra credit in my class.

6. I've never heard a KARA song, hopefully I have the time for this.

_hazzie_ likes this.
  7. 7 members??? Educate me

3Xs likes this.
  8. Can we rate members too?

9. 3Xs

3Xs

We could. Maybe everyone could send in a ranking of their favorite members and the results could be revealed after the main rate.

10. 3Xs

3Xs

Hope you do too! There's some classic K-Pop here, definitely worth your time! Or just follow along as the results are revealed and discover what everyone else liked.

11. Scoring as I type, I've probably listened to Kara about 3 times, so most of these are completely new to me.

12. Sis

ajmkv likes this.
  13. Sis....

ajmkv likes this.
  14. Thanks for setting this up 3Xs.

3Xs likes this.
  15. It would be a toss up between Nicole and Gyuri as my favourites. Nicole because she was genuinely amazing and Gyuri because she ALWAYS looked unimpressed. What kind of flawless resting bitch face realness?

16. Votes are in!

17. I don't think anyone will vote for Younji. I mean she had what, 2 of the 9 years (however the singles in those years were fantastic)? Same with Sunghee (except she was only in the group for The First Blooming.

I'm about half way through the voting but I have a strange love of "Jet Coaster Love" ...

18. YoungJi will rank above about half of them for me.

19. I actually voted her fairly high. Her appearance on Roommate made me like her more-so than some of the others.

20. 3Xs

3Xs

One of their best singles, don't be ashamed!