Girls' Generation | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls' Generation

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Hitori, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I just watched the BBC2 documentary I'm In A Girl Group. I'd like to imagine that there's actually some infighting and jealousy between SNSD members but I just can't!

2. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

3. [​IMG]

Girls' Generation (Girls' Generation (Also known as SNSD, SoShi, 소녀시대, 少女時代, Sonyeo Shidae or Shoujo Jidai) is a 9 member South Korean girl group. Since they debuted in 2007 they have gone on to have huge success throughout Asia and even worldwide, topping the charts with both singles and albums in both Korea and Japan. It's safe to say they are Asia's most popular girl group, if not worldwide!

Discography:

Korean Albums:
    Girls' Generation (2007)
    Oh! (2010)

Japanese Albums:

Girls' Generation (2011)

EPs/Mini Albums:

Gee (2009)
    Tell me Your Wish/ Genie (2009)
    Hoot (2010)

Girls' Generation singles to date:

Pre-Gee (Before they basically had an image re-invention, some of the stuff here may not be as stellar as their later releases)
    Into the New World
    Girls' Generation
    Kissing You
    Baby Baby

Post-Gee
    Gee
    Genie
    Oh!
    Run Devil Run
    Hoot
    Mr Taxi

CF songs (Songs used for advertisements and so on)
    Chocolate Love
    Cabi Song. Feat 2PM
    Visual Dreams
    Way To Go
    HaHaHa
    LaLaLa (It was for a voting campaign.)
    Cooky
    Bogeul Bogeul
    S.E.O.U.L

1st Japanese Album(MUST LISTEN)
    Let it Rain
    Bad Girl
    The Great Escape
    Beautiful Stranger
    I'm In Love With The HERO
    Born to be a Lady
    You-aholic

Solo songs

Taeyeon:
    If
    Can You Hear Me
    Jessica:
    Naengmyun
    Sweet Delight
    Because Tears Are Overflowing
    Sunny:
    Finally Now
    Tiffany:
    By Myself
    Seohyun:
    Journey with TVXQ!
    It's Okay Even If It Hurts
    Sooyoung & Yuri:
    Must!

Other
    Genie (Japanese MV)
    Gee (Japanese MV)
    Run Devil Run (Japanese MV)
    Run Devil Run (3D Version)

4. Greatest girl group in the world!

5. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

"Girls' Generation (Also known as SNSD, SoShi, 소녀시대, 少女時代, Sonyeo Shidae or Shoujo Jidai)" more like it - phew!

6. There's also Shao Nu Shi Dai!

Or they're called Jessica in China according to Sica ahah.

7. The Era of Maidens!

8. Haha, added them. I was gonna put the Korean and Japanese spellings on there, but assumed most couldn't read either here! haha

Anyways yeah, SNSD is pretty amazing. Should I add their Japanese album tracks to the list? Or would that make things messy.. they are so great, though, it's a crime if they go unmentioned, right?

9. Add their CF songs too! They're all so fun!

10. Part of me wants to list EVERY song in their discography. Also, the singles don't do justice to the brilliance of their Japanese album. (Oh, yeah this is going to be awkward discussing Japanese songs in a K-pop sub-forum)

11. If it's Japanese by Kpop it'll be fine. I secretly list all the jpop songs by kpop artists as kpop on my iPod so they come up when I listen to the Kpop genre heh

12. I've been listening to their Japanese debut album since living in Japan this summer. It's been my introduction to the group and they are definitely my favorite JPop/KPop group right now. The Great Escape, Go Go Summer! and Bad Girl are all tunes.

13. Go Go Summer! Is by Kara! Another great kpop group

14. So, I'm trying to come up with the tracks I should include in the introduction So I wanna ask you guys, which do you think are the best 3 tracks from their Japanese album?

I would think personally, Bad Girl, the Great Escape and Let it Rain, but that's just me.

15. I adore this group!
    They will take over the world one day! Taeyeon, Yuri, Yoona and Sunny are my favourites.

16. I'd agree with those three. But any 3 from the album would work because it's so flawless.

17. Is that everything? haha

18. Shouldn't we include the flawless Japanese Genie dance video?

And the japanese Gee and RDR I guess.

19. ^ Thanks! Now.. is that EVERYTHING (important, atleast)? haha