Girls' Generation | Page 123 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls' Generation

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Hitori, Mar 13, 2008.

1. I had a good laugh reading credits for Taeyeon's solo.

Myah Marie now involved with the Korean Britney's. How fitting.

2. Apparently Sunny is leaving her radio show in order to focus on touring...
    Has a Japanese album been confirmed at this point???
    I imagine of they're going to your Japan, as mentioned in the official statement, then they would likely release new material there...

3. There will be no new Japan album this year.

It's not even confirmed that they resigned with their Japanese label. If anything, there'll be a new Japanese single that they'll promote on tour along with Lion Heart tracks.

4. Is it terrible that Lion Heart is slowly becoming my favorite of their songs?

I know, I know....

5. It's quintessential SNSD as far as I'm concerned.

TheChoirgirlHotel and ajmkv like this.
  6. It's definitely a song I enjoy more watching than listening to.

7. I think my Top 5 so far (I've only recently begun loving them) would be Genie, Lion Heart, I Got A Boy, You Think, and Hoot.

8. Mine is probably:

Mr Taxi (Japanese obviously)
    I Got A Boy
    Trick
    Catch Me If You Can
    You-aholic

...at the moment.

9. The music video for Lion Heart is their best for me yet, and I usually hate their ~cute~ videos (i.e. Gee, Oh!, Dancing Queen...), but the song alone doesn't do much for me.

I think my Top 5 would go like this:

Run Devil Run (I hate the japanese version, though)
    I Got A Boy
    Galaxy Supernova
    Mr. Mr.
    Paparazzi

10. FLOWER POWER > The Great Escape > Genie (Japanese Version) > MR.TAXI > Paparazzi.

11. I find it really difficult to choose a top 5 because they have so many songs that I'm obsessed with.

At the moment, I'd probably go:

1. Flower Power
    2. Genie
    3. Catch Me If You Can
    4. Lips
    5. Youaholic

12. Well I completely forgot about Flower Power, I blame it on the alcohol.

They did their Phantasia today which didn't really have anything fresh in it except a performance from SHY - not sure Salt N Pepa's Push It was the right song but hopefully a decent video of it surfaces soon.

13. Genie japanese
    Galaxy supernova
    Flower power
    All my love is for you
    ...lion heart

14. SHY is everything! The set list looks great but I can't believe they're not doing Oh or I Got a Boy.

15. I love that they did everything bar Talk Talk from Lion Heart.

Wish I'd gone.

16. Still very, very new to K-Pop but SNSD are already my clear favourites.

Top 5 (so far)

1. Mr Mr
    2. Genie
    3. Lion Heart
    4. Party
    5. Mr Taxi

More suggestions are welcome encouraged

Shockbox and ajmkv like this.
  17. What albums of GG have you heard?

I'd recommend all the Japanese ones, The Boys and Lion Heart.

roux likes this.
  18. I've got (and love) Lion Heart, the Mr Mr EP and most of the other singles I've just been listening to via YouTube so far. I was tempted to add everything there is to my library but there's so much to get through, I didn't know where to begin. I will make The Boys my next choice though, thanks!

19. Their Japanese output is their best by far.

Mr Taxi, Bad Girl, Paparazzi, Flower Power, Gossip Girls, Galaxy Supernova, Catch Me If You Can.

The best thing I'd say to do is to start from their most recent release and work backwards. Their sub-unit TaeTiSeo has just released a Xmas album called 'Dear Santa' and Taeyeon released her solo debut called 'I'.

roux likes this.
  20. Mr. Taxi is probably the only single I dislike. Their singles tend to be pretty spot on.