Girls' Generation | Page 157 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls' Generation

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Hitori, Mar 13, 2008.

1. That's cool! I love the first season.
    I envy Hyori so much.

2. Both SNSD and Taeyeon have won a Disc Bonsang at the 32nd Golden Disk Awards! Sometimes talent still wins.

Slice of Life, evilsin and Alouder98 like this.
  3. Taeyeon's speech at the show :

''I think the reason we could receive a good award like this is thanks to our fans. I think it's the fans who make things that seem impossible possible. we will show a hardworking SNSD from each of our respective positions, and also as a team. I will also become a singer who works hard, thank you.''

And her performance:

4. Also let me be an extra SONE today (I'm saying this like I'm not everyday) and post this:

SOOYOUNG'S GRANDMA'S NEIGHBOUR WAS RIGHT.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    RUNAWAY, He, Threeney and 1 other person like this.
  5. [​IMG]

6. He

He

I love how they are careful to always include solos as SNSD activities.

Alouder98 likes this.
  7. Remember when some of y'all made bitchy comments to me when I said that Girls Generation weren't over and yet here we are.

I don't want to say I told you so but...

leedlelee... and Empty Shoebox like this.
  8. Taeyeon surprised us with a cute little vid for I'm All Years.

Some year-end stats for the group that I've fished out recently:
    - Holiday Night sold 167,638 copies (Gaon) in 2017, meaning it's only a couple hundred away from surpassing Mr. Mr.
    - Fine by Taeyeon sold 1.2m copies in 2017.
    - 11:11 by Taeyeon sold 746k copies in 2017 (total 1.4m).
    - Don't Say No (album) by Seohyun sold 33k copies (Gaon) in 2017.
    - This Christmas (album) by Taeyeon sold 69k copies (Gaon) in 2017.
    - My Voice by Taeyeon sold 171k copies (Gaon) in 2017.
    - My Voice Deluxe by Taeyeon sold 77k copies (Gaon) in 2017.

Not a bad year at all for the girls, all things considered. It's a shame we didn't get a concert!

9. [​IMG]
    (Taeyeon not saying, "Komawoyo, KPJ-ssi.")

Slice of Life likes this.
  10. I think I've said this before but I'm actually really excited for the girls' next chapter that is their solo activities, maybe even more than their activities as a group.

I think they've done everything a group needs to do for 10 years so for me seeing Taeyeon getting bigger as a singer, Tiffany debuting in the US, Seohyun making a company, the dance-line girls finally working on their own music and even the girls trying to improve their acting skills, all are more exciting than if you've told me they will have a group comeback this year. It's like having 8-9 comebacks in the year instead of one.

It's gonna be a great year for them and people who follow their activities, I can feel it.

Slice of Life likes this.
  11. ddd I would honestly take a group comeback this year.

leedlelee... and Alouder98 like this.
  12. You're not alone on that, I see many fans on Twitter are not happy about this hiatus.

I personally started liking the group when they were doing solo stuff and followed and enjoyed all of them. And also as much as I love the group's material, I like their solo albums better. So that's why I'm excited for their solo careers but I also can see why some of the fans are not happy with the situation.

He and Slice of Life like this.
  13. There's just this magic when all girls are together on stage that no other group is able to reproduce and I just wish we could still see if often. But I'm happy for everyone following down different career paths!

Alouder98 likes this.
  14. What's Sunny up to???
    I know she seemed really devastated when she had to leave her radio show...
    Any possibility that she'll go back...
    Also, any chance of more Japanese music???

15. He

He

I do not follow them as much as others here, but I'm sure for your last questions it is a big No.

Alouder98 likes this.
  16. She’s been working quite a lot lately and appearing on several variety shows.
    As for japanese releases it’s pretty much guaranteed that Taeyeon will be making a japanese debut this year.
    The status of the group is somewhat up in the air and everyone is doing their thing for a while so no news of korean or japanese comebacks.

17. Call me when they are secretly working on how to bring back Jessica.

junglefish, elektricblue and He like this.
  18. Wait, I had no idea. I thought only groups go there.

19. Well, the whole korean idols debuting in Japan thing started because BoA who is a soloist started branching out there.
    Taemin has had quite a successful stint in Japan last year. And Taeyeon's dad said she would have japanese releases in 2018.

Alouder98 likes this.