Grey's Anatomy (US PACE) | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grey's Anatomy (US PACE)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Blackout 2.0, May 21, 2010.

1. Well, the April stuff goes down in 14x23 and the wedding is in 14x24. In the sneak peek for 14x23, just before April is brought into the ER, we hear Glasses (the intern that dicked Jo in the premiere) talking about how he wasn't invited to the wedding. So I'm guessing there might be a bit of a time jump between this week's episode and the finale. Still, I'm sure there will be some drama at the wedding. It's a Grey's finale!

2. I.... cried a lot during that. What an amazing episode.

Island likes this.
  3. I got a little teary, but I wish they had the balls to
    kill her. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the happy ending exit of April and Arizona. I've always liked Matthew for April as he wasn't a complicated guy.

4. That was a typical Grey Anatomy's episode. I loved it.

5. That episode though. So good. I loved the scene with Jackson praying for April. I'm going to miss that couple so much. I do like April and Matthew together, there's something poetic there.

6. I like how they paralleled it to Meredith's drowning, song and all.

I loved the scene with Jackson praying, and I thought Jesse Williams did a surprisingly good job. They kind of brought it full circle since that was one of the big conflicts between Jackson and April.

Overall, a nice tribute to the character. They seem to be giving them proper exits, which is refreshing.

The final shot of Meredith putting away the scrub cap was nice too.

DreamlessNights likes this.
  7. Im really glad that we all loved it. I always liked April and Arizona and nobody wanted to see them dead... Excepr some people who said the show doesn't have balls anymore, and that they should have killed April...

8. I didn't say that I wanted Arizona dead so don't put my words on my mouth! I also didn't say that April needed to die, it just seemed that they were baiting the audience if she would die or not, as this is April's last season. They even did that to Stephanie and Cristina during the previous finales which is becoming a pattern.

So if you're gonna shade me with your post, make sure you know what you're talking about. Obviously you don't.

9. So, I forgot to mention this but Arizona's reactions to being told someone should call April's family and seeing her awake and crying really got to me. I have always loved those two's friendship.

Now I'm still wondering about Harriet. Maybe April will stay in town just off screen.

10. I’m glad that both characters are getting proper send-offs, although I still think they should’ve cut someone way before Arizona. I’m wondering whether they wanted to secure Scott Speedman as a series regular for the next season as there seemed to be a bit of hype with his character and the romance he had with Meredith. Alas, we’ll probably never know.

I like how they’ve brought Matthew back as more complex and damaged to be on par with April. And he looks really fit now.

11. I also loved it. As much as I always rooted for April/Jackson, if this couldn’t be, I am glad April found happiness with Matthew again.

It was great to see Geena Davis back again as well.

stopthestatic likes this.
  12. You know who should do a guest stint next season?

Hilegend Duff.

@VicePresidentJocasta make it happen

Maria likes this.
  13. I still really want Mariah to guest star. It's actually kind of possible with the Debbie Allen connection. Debbie needs to call her up the way she called up Denzel to direct.

14. Keep ha. I just want Scott Speedman back. Ellen said that 'the door is open' for him and I'm not sure if she meant hers or the shows and sis... same.

Maria and Island like this.
  15. It would be wise for them to bring back Scott. He got good buzz from the fans and after the April/Arizona debacle it might generate more good buzz for them. Plus, he has chemistry with Ellen.

Maria likes this.
  16. I know that he was only ever booked for 1 episode so even if they want him back, Speedman may not necessarily say yes. Also, he's a series regular on Animal Kingdom so it might not even be possible. I thought their chemistry was fantastic, though, and it felt like we met a really fully-formed character with the potential to be super interesting, so I'd love if he returned next year.

If it remains a one-off, I like that it at least seemed to really open Meredith up to finding love again. With Riggs she was always still so closed-off and pessimistic, never really allowing it to flourish. I'm glad that Krista Vernoff didn't force a long-term romantic arc for Meredith this season.

17. Yes, I am sure it has been a challenge revisiting Meredith's love life since Ellen and Patrick had fantastic chemistry. But with Speedman they found the right fit. He brought out a side of Meredith we haven't seen in years. With Riggs, Martin Henderson is a good actor, but I just never felt the chemistry.

And while personally I am fine if Meredith remains single and career-focused, it is interesting watching a widow re-enter the dating world.

18. Mandy Moore's guest role in this was iconic. So I'm open for a Mariah Carey surgery episode.

Season 15 hasn't aired yet. But I hope they get rid of Owen and DeLuca next. DeLuca is nice to look at, but he's the most inconsequential character out of all the regulars. I hope they can maintain the smaller regular cast from now on.

I also don't want Scott Speedman to join. I feel like Meredith needs to take a break from having a love interest, at least for two more seasons. Let her focus on her career, kids and friends.

19. The cast going into S15 will already be the smallest it has been in ages.

Season 13:
    Meredith
    Alex
    Bailey
    Richard
    Owen
    Arizona
    April
    Jackson
    Jo
    Steph
    Ben
    Amelia
    Maggie
    DeLuca
    Riggs

Going into season 15:
    Meredith
    Alex
    Bailey
    Richard
    Owen
    Jackson
    Jo
    Amelia
    Maggie
    DeLuca

I assume we'll see a few new regulars next year (interns?), but I agree about hopefully maintaining a smaller cast. The show will be much stronger because of it.

As for waiting two years to cast a love interest for Meredith... the show likely won't go beyond season 16, so I'd say waiting two years is a bit much. That said, I'm totally content with her remaining alone unless they get someone who had as much chemistry with her as Scott Speedman did.

Island and stopthestatic like this.
  20. I want it to be down to ten or eleven. Jackson is still needed given that her mom owns the hospital. Maybe after a few seasons.

The show will last longer than season 16. Have you seen ABC's new schedule? This is the first in years that they have only have six dramas for fall (11 over all, which is the lowest amount of dramas in years). Their drama department would crumble more without Grey's.