Halsey - hopeless fountain kingdom (June 2) | Page 100 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halsey - hopeless fountain kingdom (June 2)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Suddenly the hopeless fountain kingdom is this thread.

Mr.Arroz, myblood, Truce and 40 others like this.
  2. This thread... won't last till "2/6".

KYLE and Mushroom like this.
  3. Al least this thread delivers the goods unlike the new song.

MarlonBrando86 and Kuhleezi like this.
  4. If "the goods" is personal attacks, then yeah, it really does.

Play nice, everyone.

5. Do not put this energy out there!!!

[​IMG]

Mr.Arroz, Truce, Rem and 19 others like this.
  6. I'm more surprised that there are still people who only pay attention to songs in the Top 10 on Billboard.

Mr.Arroz, Rem, Vixen and 16 others like this.
  7. RJF

RJF

I... don't even think she can qualify for the admittedly formless Big Pop Girl criteria? Her success takes such a weird shape. Outside of "Closer", she doesn't really have a single mega hit to her name, but plenty of her singles have been slow burners with sales in America, Badlands is Platinum and from what I can gather she was at least touring theatres internationally which isn't bad going at all... but it feels more like the work of an insulated but sizeable fanbase rather than someone with industry and media clout. It's strange. I don't feel like I've heard of her. Does that make sense?

Mr.Arroz, mattyjayy, Lander and 8 others like this.
  8. I hate that Halsey is able to release a second album while MØ's second album is stuck in limbo.

Mr.Arroz, Rem, send photo and 9 others like this.
  9. At least she has one album out.

*Cries in Duolingo*

Mr.Arroz, Rem, Vixen and 19 others like this.
    send photo, KYLE and Hunter like this.
  11. RMK

RMK

*Yawns* It's not a race issue. Can we not?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  12. Do we really need 15 Final Song retreads though? I'm more perched for the Charli album that we'll never get.

BeingNormal and Island like this.
  13. Are we sure Mø's album isn't coming because of it being stuck in limbo? I just thought she was touring too much and therefore "forgot" about the record for a while.
    Also, Im surprised that Halsey's second offering arrives not even 2 years after the first one. Idk why, I just expected her to take her time and deliver something remotely interesting. Re-listening to "Now or Never" shows that she should have really taken that path.

14. I don't really keep up with MØ so one of her stans can correct me, but it seems like they've been trying to launch her into being a huge pop star off the back of Lean On, Final Song & Cold Water and it's just taking a while. Drum didn't exactly light the charts on fire but that Snakeships collab seems to be doing well so there's that.

Island and zenlight like this.
  15. You're like two pages and a few hours late. Everyone has moved on.

Rem, send photo, slaybellz and 4 others like this.
  16. Oh gosh don't remind me of that atrocity named "Drum". That song was a mess and whoever decided to release that as the follow-up to the holy "Final Song" should be fired asap. I saw her live back in October and she played a lot of amazing unreleased songs. All of them better than "Drum".

Island and sexercise like this.
  17. You've heard one song?

NorthernStar likes this.
  18. She seems like a nice girl but as an artist she's the aural and visual equivalent of backwash. So incredibly unoriginal.

MarlonBrando86 likes this.
  19. Imagine thinking this.

RMK likes this.
  20. Well considering who this thread is about I would say the situation is very fitting.

KYLE, slaybellz and MarlonBrando86 like this.