Horror films. | Page 462 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. I'm so pleased I went out on a limb with [REC] 4, I thought after the utterly shite third film it would just be another let down, but hurrah it was brilliant!

Uno likes this.
  2. I've never gotten round to watching the fourth one. Loved the first two, seen bits of three and wasn't impressed. The finale of the first one still gets me.

The demonic possession angle was so refreshing for a zombie flick, being so used to virus/radiation/nuclear/science-gone-wrong backstories.

3. Uno

Uno

I know it wasn’t as good as the original, but I loved Quarantine - mostly because Jennifer Carpenter. She’s amazing. The sequel was surprisingly good too.

I wish she would’ve made herself a bit of a scream queen, especially after doing that exorcism movie. She’d be great.

4. Quarantine was just so... unecessary. The only change they made to the film was rubbish, so why even bother?

ChiquitaPlantain likes this.
  5. I'm watching the original Final Destination while I work from home today. The handling of the gloominess in the first half is just so good. I really wish they'd kept the dark tone for the sequels. Though the pilfering of footage of TWA 800 is really quite heartless given this would've been filmed only 3 years after. At least change the destination or something.

lushLuck and P'NutButter like this.
  6. I think I saw the second film before the first, and none of the rest lived up to it.

7. I think 2 is the best, but I love 1, 3, and 5.

The first is substantially darker than the rest, but it's great. I recently watched the bonus features and wow, that alternate ending. Thank god they changed it!

lushLuck likes this.
  8. I'm watching 2 now - still the most fun but the dialogue is abysmal!

9. Was in the dollar store and found a sealed blu-ray of the original My Bloody Valentine. Didn't realize it was so rare!

silkandskin, Anjoel40 and tylerc904 like this.
  10. It really is, people are paying crazy $$ for it. Same for the Friday combo packs. I believe its 5 & 6 and 7 & 8 that are selling for like $80 on eBay.

11. Really? Weren't they barebones releases as well?

The Final Destination novelization was £371 on Amazon. Nooooo thank you. All I wanted to know was who pays Clear's rent and if George and Tod were twins.

12. Looking forward to seeing John Carpenter tonight!

13. 'Submitted for the approval of the Popjustice Horror Society...'
    [​IMG]
    For those of us who were fascinated with all things macabre as little nippers in the 90's, I'm sure you'll remember an iconic show entitled "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" - a Canadian kids horror anthology from Nickelodeon (which was, in my opinion, better than "Goosebumps" - no offence, Mr. Stine). Well, the entire series is available to watch for free and in HD on Youtube! Click and get spooked, boils and ghouls!

It looked a tad sketchy to me at first glance but the channel's officially verified, and doesn't appear to be region locked either (UK resident here, and the videos are playable for me). I, for one, am stoked: I freaking loved this show growing up. Although I started watching actual horror flicks at a young age, this was definitely one of the main things that led me to them from a much younger age.

lushLuck, Andy French, vague and 7 others like this.
  14. OH MY GOD.

15. BTG

BTG

!!!!!!!!!

16. That bloody Clown episode was the only truly scary one... absolutely horrifying, coupled with IT, Polterguist and Clownhouse as a youngster, clowns have never really gone well with me.

lushLuck likes this.
  17. I LIVED for "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" as a child.

18. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

19. Of course the one with the purple slime jester/comic book character guy was HORRIFYING but the episode about the ghost in the pool and the leap year one with the girl made of porcelain also deserve a shout-out for being nightmare fuel for kids everywhere.

20. I can't tell you the amount of nightmares/sleepless nights I got as a kid from watching this every Saturday night before bed.