Horror films. | Page 463 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. As a Canadian, I feel bad that I have never seen an episode.

The John Carpenter show is a lot of fun if you ever get the chance to see it. It's fun to watch the movie clips along with the music. Halloween, The Thing and They Live get the expected big moments but I was impressed by In the Mouth of Madness, Christine and Village of the Damned.

The Fog seemed too short, considering it's my favourite Carpenter movie aside from The Thing.

Hudweiser likes this.
  2. Watch it!
    You can’t imagine how happy I am that it’s all on YouTube.

3. I maintain that Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars is a lot of braindead fun.

ChiquitaPlantain, Uno and Terminus like this.
  4. An episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? I remember being really creepy - bar THAT clown one - was where a girl found a pair of magic sunglasses that helped her to see into a parallel universe where the people all dropped what they were doing and came for her whenever she put them on, and every time she threw them away they came back!

junglefish likes this.
  5. Southbound was incredible. Wished it was longer!

6. Are You Afraid of Dark was my shit as a child. Two weeks ago I was the only person in the whole bar that knew of the show, and it was the point that pushed my trivia team to victory! #proudmoment

junglefish and ChiquitaPlantain like this.
  7. BTG

BTG

Are You Afraid of the Dark was my horror gateway drug.

So I'm obviously spending the afternoon on that channel.

junglefish likes this.
  8. Carpenter is not a huge fan of the movie itself, I think he felt the story and special effects were sub par to what he wanted to do but he was rushed into finishing it. The music is brilliant, I think he still likes that but he has never spoke hugely fond of the making or the film itself.

torontodj likes this.
  9. I fucking adore The Fog.

popBrit likes this.
  10. It honestly dismays me how many kids didn't seem to watch it, when you mention it. It seemed like one of those shows everyone watched at one point. I guess in a general sense, "Goosebumps" was the Britney to "Are You Afraid's" Xtina.
    Was this like Carpenter playing his scores live? That sounds interesting...

lushLuck likes this.
  11. Always get me with horror though. A film can do "so amazingly well" then you later find out in made 0.0005% of the box office of a shit, unimaginative fart comedy. It's such a dirty word in studio circles. They're happy to take the cash but ashamed of their product.

12. Yes. He plays some excerpts from scores that he did not compose (like The Thing) but mostly they are his scores. There are clips for each of the films, so it's a lot of fun. I spent more time watching the clips than the Master himself!

ChiquitaPlantain likes this.
  13. Interesting. I didn't know that. When I first saw The Fog, I thought it was meh. I guess I was in a bad mood or wasn't paying attention as closely as I should have. But I watched it again a few years ago and I fell in love with it. It has such atmosphere, and I love Adrienne Barbeau in it (coincidentally, John and Adrienne's son Cody is part of the band on Carpenter's tour).

Terminus likes this.
  14. What's happening with Jeepers Creepers 3?

15. It came and went didn't it? It was definitely on US TV during the Halloween weeks. It got panned by fans of the first two.

16. It looked like cheap shit, though. The Weinstein/Spacey et al revelations have dragged up Salva's case as well, so I don't think a fourth will be happening anytime soon.

17. Uno

Uno

I saw a 5min clip where he hunted 3 dudes with his javelin and it was horrendous.

18. BTG

BTG

It's terrible. All that waiting for that.

19. BTG

BTG

[​IMG]
    Every bit as bad as it looks.

lushLuck and Terminus like this.
  20. I'm a huge fan of the first two, but have literally no desire to see the third. And Salva shouldn't be able to work in Hollywood ever again anyway.

lushLuck likes this.