Horror films. | Page 464 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. I love The Fog, always have. It's still one of my all-time favourites. John Carpenter can't seem to get past that when you saw the rotting pirates with all the maggots, it's looked a bit naff. That has spoilt the film for him, along with the fact the he was rushed to finish it so he felt he didn't give the story the time it needed. Part of the reason why he was too fussed about the remake, besides being an executive producer. I don't think he had enough love for it to care how they remade it. I don't think he had much to do with other than turning up a couple of times and watching some filming.

tylerc904 likes this.
  2. The third Jeepers Creepers is “out there” now.

3. I was talking more about the fact that I assumed most kids watched that show during ye olde 1990's because it seemed to be so ubiquitous (thank you Thesaurus) alongside other big kids shows at the time, but I take your point.

Meant to post this a few weeks ago and totally forgot (thank you, Pinterest!):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 8:36 PM
  4. And let it stay “out there” guys trust me.

What an odd decision to set the whole film in daylight - it really shows up the cheap Creeper costume for what it is, not to mention some of the worst CGI this side of BIRDEMIC.

johnny_tsunami and lushLuck like this.
  5. ^ oh that's really gutting after such a long wait!

I really enjoyed Ghost Team, but the whole way through it's obvious they basically took the "Ghostfacers" from Supernatural and made a film from it. Cheeky gits!

6. "Are You Afraid of the Dark" movie in the works, from the writer of "IT" and "Annabelle: Creation" for a new division of Paramount.

I can see this working - a sort of PG-13 "Trick 'r' Treat" or "V/H/S" perhaps? They could have some spooky mystery going on in the real world with The Midnight Society that unfolds throughout the film in between the anthology of stories, or maybe the stories could feature members of the Society recounting their own personal horror experiences? I hope this gets off the ground - might be kind of fun to have this and the proposed "Fear Street" movies for some good ol' 90's throwback action in the next couple of years.

Was it a sign that I found that Youtube channel just the other day? Imma change my username to MysticPlantain. Meg can take a hike.

7. Are we ever getting a sequel to Trick r Treat? I feel like I've missed my chance to watch that film this year.

junglefish likes this.
  8. Are You Afraid Of The Dark was very popular amongst my group of friends as a kid more so than Goosebumps.
    I remember having a sleepover with my best friend Rena and we watched an episode on Nickelodeon. It was the one with the 3 witches living in the woods and she got so fucking scared my mom had to call her mom after midnight to come pick her up because she couldn't sleep.
    I teased her so much about it afterwards and she would deny being scared and said she went home because she felt sick. I was like "yeah, whatever, baby"

Some other of my faves are 'the tale of the frozen ghost' with Melissa Joan Hart and 'the tale of the lonely ghost' where the deaf girl is trapped in the mirror? I think

ChiquitaPlantain likes this.
  9. I am still bitter how badly developed and stuffed with unnecessary fan service Silent Hill was, considering how the idea could have worked on so many levels, especially since the game itself is incredibly unsettling.

I watched Jigoku a Japanese movie about hell from 1960, if you are into surreal landscapes and unsettling scenery (like the one and only Suspiria by Dario Argento) it's a cute watch, the horror part does start in the second part and ironically enough as beatiful and stunning, some scenes drags for way too long.

Also I am searching some Horror suggestions! I am searching for some 70s cult horror b movies

junglefish likes this.
  10. Uno

Uno

I couldn't finish the Silent Hill game - it was scary and gave me too much anxiety. I don't know what it is, but horror video games do so much to me.

Give me the scariest movie you know - I watch it no problem. Video games... ugh. It took me 3 months to finish Until Dawn because it stressed me out so much.

11. That's actually what I enjoy, you empathize with the character and just dive in in the horror and deal with that and also the fear of the unknown, the tension of the irrational and nightmare delusions of that game are something that I am fascinated in! well also SH is basically the only videogame I actually like hehe, it's very Twin Peaks as Francis Bacon as The Wicker Man as Eraserhead

(Sorry for the OT)

junglefish likes this.
  12. Silent Hill 2 is one of my favourite video games ever thanks to the acting/story/horror of it all. The first one and 3rd one were great too.

johnny_tsunami and Karvel like this.
  13. Lisa Garland always and forever.

GhettoPrincess and Karvel like this.
  14. Yes, that was unsettling and tragic and so is one Cybil's ending, aaah I want to replay it so badly now

junglefish likes this.
  15. I was expecting a tragic, low-rent affair, but this actually looks quite fun! It's from the director of 47 Meters Down, which was a B-movie blast, so I'm excited.

A Quiet Place also looks pretty great!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017 at 8:42 PM
  16. I can't believe no one's mentioned we're getting Criterion Collection Blu-rays of Night of the Living Dead and The Silence of the Lambs in February!

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  17. I was initially put off by the synopsis we got a while back, but I have to say it looks much better than I expected. Different from the first, but not in a bad way. I am bitter, however, they didn't do one of those 'epic trailer mixes' of I Think We're Alone Now, with horror movie strings and distorted vocals. Get Tiffany on the blower, tout suite! Still, its inclusion is amazing, regardless.

"A Quiet Place" looks very intriguing. I do love Emily Blunt. Her husband kind of irritates me, though, and I don't know why.

tylerc904 and lushLuck like this.

18. I too am here for both of these films.... The use of Tiffany sold me on one, the cast and premise of the latter sold me on that. But as all us horror fans know, you can never judge a film by its trailer, or we'd have a lot more masterpieces out there.

lushLuck likes this.
  19. Yay at those two new trailers, I'm definitely intrigued by both.

Uno, lushLuck and ChiquitaPlantain like this.