Horror films. | Page 480 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Me too Hen, me too.

2. Uno

Uno

The trailer looked fun but I think it made it obvious that the teen girl is the only one (if any of them) that survives. Barely even showed the dad.

The explosion and ramming the car through the house was a bit ~tew much~ but maybe it’ll work within the situation and won’t be as “it’s a movie, we HAVE to blow something up!” as the trailer seems.

3. Hmm it looks fun but I do think it gives away too much.

4. The worst part of the trailer is that version of I Think We're Alone Now makes me bop every. single. time.

Uno, Terminus and lushLuck like this.
  5. I don't think I'd enjoy the trailer at all if it didn't include the Tiffany track. As is, looks like a lot of fun.

Uno likes this.
  6. The whole trailer park setting has me hooked.

lushLuck likes this.
  7. I think that's a given in most of these movies anyway, you can tell in first 5 minutes who will survive the longest.

I think it's looks great, pretty much what I hoped for.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    vague likes this.
  8. I still think it would've been awesome if they'd done one of those trailer mix covers of it, like this version of Born to be Wild, but regardless, amazing.
    Just think: we're approaching a point where songs from the mid/late-90's (and beyond) are gonna be used like this. I await the arrival of a future horror flick about an evil djinn to the tune of Genie in a Bottle (I guess they could use Genie 2.0 for a slightly creepier effect). Or a teen slasher - Hit me *stab* Baby *decapitation* One more *grabbed and dragged into darkness* Time! *aaaiiieee!*

vague, lushLuck and johnny_tsunami like this.
  9. Like, it could be the scariest imagery in the world but if my bussy is bopping, it's bopping.

lushLuck, Uno, ThighHighs and 2 others like this.
  10. This show is amazing. It kind of reminds me of a teenage version of Dexter.

11. The Tiffany version? Girls Aloud were robbed!

lushLuck and wodny like this.
  12. I'm starting Wolf Creek season 2 and I'm not sure I can do it nn. The characters all seem likeable and I don't want to see them get butchered.
    It's weird. The older I get, the less I can stomach gore/violence.

vague and Hudweiser like this.
  13. The Cult Films 4K remaster of Suspiria is STUNNING. It’s the best I’ve ever seen it look, and the sound mix is insanely good.

14. Exactly this.

But you’ll be screaming at them to run faster, hit harder, and yes, mucho heartbreak.

junglefish likes this.
  15. They really need to end the Insidious films. I liked the first two but no more please.

Uno likes this.
  16. I still think the DVD remaster was one of the best I've ever seen; I can only imagine what a 4K Blu-ray has done for its visuals - and that unnerving as fuck Goblin score. Alas, me without a 4K player.

Speaking of, I hope they release a teaser soon for the remake. I can't help but be intrigued by it since they're claiming to not just be doing a shot-for-shot colour explosion flick. Also, Tilda Swinton in a horror movie.

lushLuck and silkandskin like this.
  17. I just finished season two of Wolf Creek and I think I can wholeheartedly say that it's my favourite contribution to the franchise, films and TV seasons considered. Combined so much of the dread of the first with the thrills of the second films, and maintained the best parts of the first season of the TV series (solid writing, likable characters, etc.) while moving at a more succinct pace.

girlsaloudjunkie likes this.
  18. You’re in luck! The initial release is dual format, with both dvd and regular blu Ray, which contains the 4K scan (so does the dvd but won’t be quite as impressive.)

The actual 4K UHD disc isn’t out for a few months and is a result of a crowdfunding campaign they ran last year. Happily they met both their original goal and both stretch goals so have commissioned a whole new disc of extras. I don’t have a 4K player or tv either, but it’s good to have a ‘futureproofed’ copy as it were.

Totally with you on the remake too. I’ve either loved or greatly liked everything Luca Guadagino has done so far, and if anyone can nail the tone it’s him. And that cast.

19. I saw Suspiria in the cinemas in the pre-Blu ray showings and as @silkandskin states - it's stunning. The Goblin score was ramped up on the soundtrack and sounded spectacular. And also agree with @ChiquitaPlantain that the Suspiria DVD remaster looked great. I love the three-disc set that was released a long time ago, with the Goblin soundtrack as the third disc. It's actually a beautiful DVD set, back when DVD releases were treated with respect.

I'm thinking of doing a Black Christmas shooting locations tour here in Toronto. I wish I had done it earlier when we had fresh snow. Now the temperatures are rising and the snow is turning to slush. I think it will be cool to see if any of the locations still exist. The snow would add to the effect...

20. I just got the Blu Ray/DVD combo that was released recently from that 4K transfer. I only have Blu Ray but a 4K TV and have to say even from that the picture was absolutely stunning. It's exactly how the film should be seen with that vibrant stunning red theme throughout. It was like I was watching something that had just been made. The sound through my soundbar was amazing too. I was mesmerized watching it, as I have only ever seen on DVD on a SD television before.

silkandskin and ChiquitaPlantain like this.