Horror films. | Page 482 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. This is either going to be fantastically fun or amazingly awful.
  2. Uno

I did not like the Hatchet series at all. I watched one of them because Harmony from Buffy was in it.

That Hellraiser trailer looks god awful. Those sepia tones torture scenes especially. Looks like a rejected Saw script made into a Hellraiser one.
  3. Not sure the editing of this trailer is doing the film any favours but I am rooting for this. The theatre production was a scream (literally)

Anjoel40 likes this.
  4. I love Martin Freeman.
  5. I quite like the look of that. good the trailer doesn't give too much away. The UK can make great TV series it's about time we make more great films, as very few of them are any good.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    mrdonut likes this.
  6. Wish Upon was silly fun; the sheer stupidity of the character took a lot from it, and the obvs PG-13 toning down, but as far as Final Destination rip-offs go, it was alright. I loved when she slapped the bitchy girl in the cafeteria.
  7. "Today marks the start of production of Trancas International Films, Blumhouse Productions and Miramax’s Halloween and we wanted to share some news about several rising young talents that have recently joined the cast. Ginny Gardner (Marvel’s Runaways, Secrets and Lies, Glee), Miles Robbins (Mozart in the Jungle, My Friend Dahmer), Dylan Arnold (Mudbound, Laggies, When We Rise), Drew Scheid (Stranger Things, The War with Grandpa), have all joined the cast playing school friends of Andi Matichak’s (Replicate, Underground, Orange Is the New Black) character, Allyson.''
    lushLuck and johnny_tsunami like this.
  8. Are they just calling it Halloween?

"Here's our direct sequel to Halloween... Halloween!"
    lushLuck and silkandskin like this.
  9. I’m so excited for this I’m getting palpitations.
  10. They really went with all nobodies outside of Jamie it looks like.
    lushLuck likes this.
  11. "HALLOWEEN H40: 40 Years Later (Yes, It's Been That Long)" for the win.

I wonder if they actually will bother to give it a subtitle or something? Kind of funny, in a way, how as far as we knew, the cancelled "Friday..." was also going to just be called "Friday the 13th."
    Let's just be thankful Zac Efron isn't involved.
    Uno and johnny_tsunami like this.
  12. I hope they give it another title as that will be the third film named 'Halloween'. I did like 'Halloween Returns' as I like the idea they seem to be dropping the 2, 3, 4 etc
    lushLuck likes this.
  13. Oh thank god it’s actually happening
    Steve003 likes this.
  14. I like the logo!
  15. I like that, I think having too many well known actors can be a bit distracting. It's not the sequel to Mamma Mia and needs to concentrate on being a genuine follow up to the original. It looks like Blumhouse are also trying to get the Friday The 13th Reboot done too and if this one is well received, it will probably happen.
    lushLuck likes this.
  16. Judy Greer isn't a nobody but yeah not heard of the rest of them, maybe I'll recognise a few. Still extremely excited for it.
    lushLuck likes this.
  17. Fuck this film:

• Remake of grim 1982 flick
    • Cover quote is word-for-word same as one I saw on the box of another British slasher flick from last year (what does "mind numbingly terrifying" even mean???)
    • Four female characters - only the two who engage in lesbian action (*sigh*) are murdered, the straight girls get to live
    • Fuck this straight-guys-like-girl-on-girl-action nonsense
    johnny_tsunami likes this.
  18. There's a remake of Inside (french extreme horror film) that popped up in my VOD recommendations. I had no idea they were remaking it. Anyone have any tea on it or how it turned out?
  19. I read a review that claimed it was well acted, but less violent
    and supposedly has a happy ending

And that’s all I needed to read.
    johnny_tsunami likes this.