Horror films. | Page 518 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Yes, Scream 4 was so great. I don't know what happened during its development, but I do wish it did better...then again, I guess slashers just aren't in vogue right now unless you're Happy Death Day, which I loved so much.

I saw A Quiet Place last night and it was so great. Really original. The monsters were scarier when you saw less of them (which is always the case), but I loved the family so much, especially the daughter.

vague and Uno like this.
  2. Uno

Uno

I'm sure it would do a lot better if it was released today. Emma Roberts, Nico Tortorella, Anthony Anderson, and even Alison Brie are much bigger stars now than they were when filming.

ohaimanabu and tylerc904 like this.
  3. "Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle" is kind of great. It's easy to play but fairly challenging at the same time (that said, I'm not au fait with puzzle games) and it feels like such a love letter to the franchise made by people who know it well. The cutesy graphics mixed with the gory kills is awesome, and there are so many great little touches, like Mrs. Voorhees' decapitated head providing hints and solutions, a retro VHS-style rewind function, the fact that there's a menu option to play the 'Ki-Ki-Ki Ma-Ma-Ma' chant, and the 'boss' of each level being announced as the 'FINAL GIRL!' or 'FINAL BOY!' (yes, boys too!). Plus it's free.

I'm thinking I might purchase the game's predecessor at some point, "Slayaway Camp."

Rei Ayanami likes this.

4. Looks like I can finally play myself in the game a.k.a Melissa! @Hudweiser

Steve003 and Hudweiser like this.
  5. That's amazing!!!

Also amazing is Never Hike Alone - seriously it's better than several of the movies, so well done and really captures the creepy atmos of the older ones.

6. Sleepaway Camp is good, tacky fun. One my random favorites. I love that one line, "She's every carpenter's dream! Flat as a board AND NEEDS A SCREW!" *insert angry emoji*

Judy was a goddess.

7. [​IMG]

Classic side ponytail.

Meathook, Steve003, wodny and 4 others like this.
  8. Just alerting y'all, Hulu will have A Nightmare on Elm Street 1-5 starting May 1.

Remorque, munro and Uno like this.
  9. BTG

BTG

I get such a scream (kii) out of us in this thread recycling the same topics endlessly.

1. Scream rankings
    2. Friday rankings
    3. Valentine
    4. Sorority Row flopping
    5. Sarah Michelle in IKWYDLS
    6. Sarah Michelle in Scream 2
    7. Not Sarah Michelle in Urban Legend
    8. Valentine
    9. The diminishing returns of Jeepers Creepers
    10. Bad modern horror
    11. Failed reboots
    12. The never-happening slasher revival
    13. Valentine
    14. Cherry Falls
    15. Columbine and the slasher genre
    16. Parker Posey
    17. Halloween's messy continuity
    18. Child Play's great continuity
    19. The men of Friday the 13th
    20. Valentine

10. Uno

Uno

Do we really discuss Valentine that much!? haa.

It was literally the only film that scared me as a kid. My mom wouldn't let me sleep with the door closed and I would always imagine he's aiming his arrow at me through the door.

BTG and alejandrusco like this.
  11. The mask used in Valentine is one of my favorites horror masks ever

ohaimanabu, vague, BTG and 1 other person like this.
  12. Can you believe Jane Krawkowski almost played Judy in Sleepaway Camp?! That would have been everything.

ChiquitaPlantain, Terminus and vague like this.
  13. Incidentally I'm watching I Know What You Did Last Summer now. Has it ever been reissued on DVD - the letterbox formatting is so annoying and there are zero extras.

BTG and Uno like this.
  14. Uno

Uno

Side note: this remains my absolute favorite line in any film.

Sidney: Yea? Well, you're forgetting one thing about Billy Loomis.
    Mickey: What's that?
    Sidney: I fucking killed him!

Her delivery was so good.

15. Scream 2 actually has so many iconic scenes;

Sarah Michelle Gellar's chase/kill scene.

The first time Sidney is attacked in the house and the camera moves in for a close-up. She has tears in her eyes at the realisation that it's happening all over again. Great moment.

The scene with Gale being chased by the killer and hiding in the soundproof room/Dewey being stabbed.

16. A Quiet Place was everything I wanted it to be. An instant classic.

Meathook, Steve003 and alejandrusco like this.
  17. For me Scream 3 & 4 lack the edge and wit the first two movies had. Four was very disappointing to me. It added nothing new to the franchise. It was pretty generic and by the numbers. It's too bad the studio messed with the original ending. Jill killing Sidney and getting away with it would have been epic.

spillett and ohaimanabu like this.
  18. In retrospect, I'm not sure Wes would've been around long enough to complete two more, so it kinda stands as a nostalgia event, which is just fine with me. Kirby surviving was the only other thing I wanted from it. I really don't know what they'd planned for 5 and 6, perhaps during the shoot they'd already figured out it wouldn't work the same way, so planned it like this?

spillett and ohaimanabu like this.
  19. Yeah the studio meddling and changing the opening scene annoyed me. I wouldn't mind if Kevin Williamson was involved in writing one more sequel that truly was the ending but if Scream 4 is it then I can handle that too. I just would've liked Kirby's fate to be known and Dewey to die. I'm not sure they'd ever make another one without Wes.

tylerc904 likes this.
  20. Talking of 'Scream' wasn't the third Season of the TV Series Reboot to air? I though it was meant to be March but thus far nothing.