I Got New Rates I Count 'Em: 2017 Number 1's Rate (WINNER) | Page 24 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Got New Rates I Count 'Em: 2017 Number 1's Rate (WINNER)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Petty Mayonnaise, Jan 8, 2018.

1. After a time of great reflection and soul searching (read: moving to a new state, breaking up with my longtime on and off boyfriend and starting a new job), we are officially off hiatus starting tomorrow. Here's the plan: I'll be breezing through these quite quickly without quite as much fuss as before. I'm sure we're all ready to get this wrapped up, and that is what's going to happen.

Wednesday: Reveal Top 5
    Thursday: Reveal Top 3
    Friday: Finale

2. YAY! So happy you're doing better, hun.

3. *cries in grammys*

[​IMG]
    Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

Highest Scores:
    11 x 1 (@A&E) 10 x 6 (@Sanctuary @happiestgirl @Sprockrooster @Blond @Loner @iheartpoptarts)
    Lowest Scores: 0 x 3 (@Empty Shoebox @Fantasy @Petty Mayonnaise)

I hate this song. I hate how many Grammys it got. I hate Bruno's lazy pastiche of tunes from yesteryear. Most of all I hate how many fucking times I have had to hear this song. A song I already don't like. Do you know what that does to a person? It makes you put your rate on hold for weeks. It's a truly despicable thing. In all seriousness, Bruno is just so boring and pointless, and I don't have any use for this or 95% of anything he's done up to this point.

And yeah, in the interest of expediting this process, I'm not trying to dig up everybody's commentary that you wrote 84 years ago. Feel free to comment as we go and fight in the thread. Hope you all understand x

4. Mine was (totally forgettable and possibly not worth inclusion):

Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like 8.5 – Funky enough, a strong entry against this lot…

EachSmallStep and londonrain like this.
  5. I thought I 11'd that but I think I just changed my mind in the end.

It's very turn-of-the-century boyband. Like, it could've been a Justin Timberlake single or something. Nobody will like that but I do. Ha.

And it's soooooo fun to karaoke. I feel like that's pretty much what I wrote way back when but who knows.

6. I still have a 0 and a 1 left kii

7. I'm glad that's gone. I gave it a 4 and commented about how it felt like he'd already released that song ten times before. I've forgotten what it sounds like in the meanwhile though, and I'm not about to fix that.

londonrain likes this.
  8. My zero is gonna breeze into the top 5 at this rate, won't it? Maybe I shouldn't have supported @Petty Mayonnaise bringing this back... ;)

Empty Shoebox and londonrain like this.
  9. The only song left I don't particularly like is Symphony, that could go next.

Cutlery likes this.
  10. Wait, so what's left?

berserkboi likes this.
  11. Bodak Yellow
    Humble
    Feels
    Wild Thoughts
    Symphony
    New Rules
    Havana

12. Oh heyyyyyyy, my 11 is still here!

But when it goes out (likely soon), I'll cheer for 'Havana'.

13. DISLIKE button!

londonrain likes this.
  14. I gave it a 6 though! You're the one who still has a 0 left...

15. Personally I gave Symphony what she deserved
    [​IMG]

soratami likes this.
  16. another one

[​IMG]
    DJ Khaled - Wild Thoughts (feat. Rihanna and Bryson Tiller)

Highest Scores:
    11 x 2 (@ufint @Loner) 10 x 10 (@sexercise @dylanaber @Mirwais Ahmadzaï @soratami @Furball @Lost In Japan. @Posh Spears @Jwentz @EnsnareTheSenses @Petty Mayonnaise)
    Lowest Scores: 0 x 1 (@Empty Shoebox 1 x 1 @Cutlery 1.5 x 1 @KingBruno 2 x 3 @londonrain @Your Pretty Brains @MollieSwift21 ) I bet you all thought you'd get away with these. Get taste.

Years pass. Rihanna gets more hits. It's the way of the world. But really, y'all did this dirty. With this crop of songs, Wild Thoughts should've shimmied its way into the top 5 for sure, and should've definitely ranked higher than Feels and Symphony. I mean the video alone. Iconic. The Grammy performance. Iconic. Rihanna existing. Iconic. Even as just one of two features on a fucking DJ Khaled song (which is literally just a Maria Maria sample so really what did he do), I can guarantee just about anybody you would ask about it would say Wild Thoughts is Rihanna's song. She just owns it. Is it her best? Far from it, but it's just so much fucking fun. How can you resist?

17. Symphony higher than Wild Thoughts??? Get taste, indeed.

18. Another 1 in the casket
    [​IMG]

19. I'm not sure why you'd reference either of those songs in a thread about hits.

20. Edginess and lack of any worthy contribution
    [​IMG]