Information Society - Synthesizer | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information Society - Synthesizer

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by brandnewlover, Oct 31, 2007.

1. I don't know if anyone else was smart enough to pick up this cd (in the US) in the past couple of weeks, but if you were ever a fan of this band, I highly recommend the new cd. It's VERY reminiscent of the 1st two albums (my personal favorite is Hack, the 2nd album). And I believe they have a new lead singer, who sounds EXACTLY like the old one....

Anyway, really great album. Will end up being one of my top cds of the year I'm sure. The single, Back In The Day, is excellent as well. If there were any (pop)justice, this album would kick Carrie Underwood back to Hicksville USA and be the number one album....

2. I just looked up "Information Society" in the comeback corner and this was all I found. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and last week I noticed I was riding BART (our subway) with the original lead singer of Information Society, Kurt Harland.

I wouldn't have recognized him, but I just happened to look them up on YouTube the week before and saw their VH-1 "Bands Reunited" show from 2005, and it said he lives here. If you watch it, make sure you read Kurt's point of view about the show. It is highly entertaining.

Anyway, it was a Monday morning and he didn't look like he was in a good mood so I didn't say hello. I just smiled and thought "I know who you are."

In the meantime, I've been exploring their back catalog. Some of the more industrial stuff isn't my cup of tea, but they did have a lot of great melodies. Looks like they've had a couple of albums since this last post.

Is anyone else a fan here?