Inna - Nirvana Album Discussion | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inna - Nirvana Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Matt, Sep 28, 2016.

1. After Nirvana II, Inna is more than ready for Eurovision 2019, to be truly honest.

Up N Down likes this.
  2. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

I've no idea what her sales/streams figures are like but I feel like Ruleta was bigger than most of her single releases over the last decade, Eurovision could be a good shout.

3. You think so? I believe she hasn't scored a sizeable hit since the likes of "Cola Song".

4. The thing is that they have a very different release approach, which is nice but at the same time, a proper traditional push would have given her so much more. With the right strategy, I think Gimme could've cracked the UK Top 100. They killed the momentum with Ruleta.
    She's doing well in Romania, though.

5. Doing well in Romania can only get you so far, though. Inna has sustained a 5 album run thanks to her European success. If I were her, I'd definitely promote my ass off in Germany & Spain.

davidbesan likes this.
  6. XXX

XXX

Wow, 'Me Gusta' is truly awful. I'm very disappointed.

Leonelli likes this.
  7. And "Me Gusta" is a another bop! The production on her songs is wonderful on this album. I love these kind of offbeat breakdowns. Experimental queen.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 11:17 AM
  8. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

I think I’m just under the illusion that YouTube views are in any way meaningful, it’s got a crazy number compared to her other recent singles I think? I dunno, she’s had a consistently decent-good-great range of singles for the last few years, so I feel like she’s doing better than maybe the reality.

Up N Down likes this.
  9. "Yalla" has got 245 million views on YouTube which is quite a bit more than "Cola Song" so I think that must have been quite big as well. "Heaven" and "Ruleta" are both over 100 million views currently.

"Say It With Your Body" under 10 million though. What is wrong with people?

davidbesan and Txetxu like this.
  10. "Say It With Your Body" was clearly one of my highlighted songs of 2016. Friggin' infectious and with an enormous hook. How the hell did she ignore it that much?

"Yalla", as big as it was on Youtube, did not catch fire anywhere, whilts on the other hand, "Cola Song" received Platinum and Gold certifications in Europe (Platinum in Spain and Gold in France).

11. Genuinely kinda shocked that “Me Gusta” is on UK iTunes already.....!

12. I adore Yalla! It’s similar enough to her older stuff actually now that I think about it.

13. She also has a collaboration with EDM DJ Dannic soon
    A preview can be heard here - https://vk.com/wall-31352730_783706

She should've done with a full international push with My Dreams, after Ruleta of course.