Janet Devlin | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Janet Devlin

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by Lincendio, Oct 23, 2011.

1. I often feel that I'm alone in my total adoration of Janet Devlin. I personally find her completely amazing. Discuss.

2. ops

ops

You are not alone. She is, indeed, utterly amazing in every way. Love, love, love her. Not sure if I want her to win though...

3. I actually agree with you there, because I'm scared of what they'd do with her as an artist. But at the same time there's no one else there that I think actually fits into the UK music scene as well.

4. I just can't shake the feeling of "Diana Vickers 2011" whenever I see her. Minus the claw, of course.

I find it odd that the producers seem to be consciously reinforcing this association with "The Boy Who Murdered Love" played during Janet's VT segment tonight.

5. ops

ops

I really don't buy the Ellie/Diana comparisons, especially when people slid so quickly to the Florence comparisons tonight.

6. I loved her but this show is destroying her. She's supposed to be Luna from Hogwarts, not Magenta from Transylvania.

7. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I didn't like her when the live shows started but this week I totally loved her attitude! There is more to her.

8. I loved her attitude towards the snipes from the tabloids but her performance was a bit dull. Diana would have done it better.

9. Her intro with the press last night was so ridiculously contrived and fake. Yes, I know thats expected on X Factor but still.

10. Agreed. It was borederline nausiating. We get it. You're "all about the music", Janet.

11. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Moderator

She said on Xtra Factor that she's been asking if she can dance but so far has been made to stand still. She gets pop star points from me for that. And for the uh-mazin hair.

12. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Dancing Janet? We need that!

13. She is getting Bjork-Biophilia hair more every week.

14. Janet is certainly a decent enough singer, but, as a performer, for me she hasn't got that essential something that makes a real star (the X-Factor). She would make a good recording artist though and I'm sure she will make a career in music, regardless of what happens with the X-Factor

15. I can't take anyone seriously who has this as a Twitter bio:

"Music's the motions of my mind of which I don't have to speak, for you can hear them without verbilization."

EURGH!

16. What utter horseshit. I knew there was a reason I disliked her.

17. It was Janet Donaghy tonight!

18. Please Ireland buy some Otex ear drops and STOP voting for her - she was beyond awful last night.

19. I liked her last night, bar forgetting the words. She's going through abit of a slump, at the moment, though and needs to come back next week with a ballad, not far from her first audition (which might be difficult if the rumored theme is true).

20. Yes, Saturday was definitely Janet's worst performance, I never thought she was that good anyway, she hasn't got a strong voice, might make it as a recording artist with a celtic theme but she is not a good live performer, like watching paint dry.