Japanese Breakfast - Psychopomp (for fans of Lush, Slowdive, Jesus & Mary Chain etc.) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese Breakfast - Psychopomp (for fans of Lush, Slowdive, Jesus & Mary Chain etc.)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Andy French, Apr 10, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

New album just released on Yellow K Records - it's a side project of Little Big League frontwoman Michelle Zauner and it is excellent. If you like shoegaze, dream pop, or both shoved in a blender, this is for you.

There's also three albums' worth of demos (many of which made the final album in finished versions) available for free at her official Bandcamp.

2. I was smitten with Pscyhopomp, new album out this year too - Soft Sounds From Another Planet, out 14th July. Am excited.

She's been doing new songs at recent shows that aren't quite as big a departure as this, though I'm lowkey living for the M83ness.

@Andy French
    @constantino

3. Cool. Pscyhopomp is a wonderful record that deserved way more attention than it got.

Andy French and HeartSwells like this.
  4. Yaaay, I hope she pulls a Mitski/Angel Olsen and really breaks through this time!

5. I forgot I had followed her on Bandcamp aaaaaages ago and saw the announcement this morning. Exciting!

HeartSwells and constantino like this.
  6. This is brilliant.

They have a new album titled 'Soft Sounds from Another Planet out July 14.

1. Driving Woman
    2. Road Head
    3. Machinist
    4. Planetary Ambience
    5. Soft Sounds from Another Planet
    6. Boyish
    7. 12 Steps
    8. Jimmy Fallon Big!
    9. The Body Is a Blade
    10. Till Death
    11. This House
    12. Here Come the Tubular Bells (Outro)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    LE0Night likes this.
  7. Boyish is very Angel Olsen.

constantino, Andy French and LE0Night like this.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Andy French likes this.
  9. IS IT ANY GOOD???

LE0Night likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

Couldn't have been scheduled for a better month, it's practically made to soundtrack summer evening car rides down the highways.

11. This album is gorgeous. Very Beach House in places.

HeartSwells likes this.
  12. (Better than the Haim album)

13. The album is...cute. Machinist is the only track that really jumped out on first listen, but it's a lovely little summer album.

@2014 @Solenciennes could this be moved to the Next Big Things sub-forum please?

2014 likes this.
  14. 2014

2014 Moderator

Done xx

constantino likes this.
  15. NOT a one minute response time[​IMG]

Talent! When will other mods?

Kitchen Person and 2014 like this.
  16. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

It's 5.10pm and I was about to do it so I guess 4 hours and 29 minutes later

constantino likes this.
  17. Queen of Metacritic.

constantino likes this.
  18. This album is getting better and better with each listen. The songs are so incredibly beautiful. Such a massive step up from Pscyhopomp for me.

19. Just got around to buying this. I can't wait to listen!

Kitchen Person likes this.
  20. I haven't listened to this yet but that EP was on constant replay last year.