Jason Derulo - 5th Album (1st Single: Swalla feat. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason Derulo - 5th Album (1st Single: Swalla feat. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dinno, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Looks like Jason got another smash hit on his hand as usual. Im looking forward to his next album.

Swalla
    " is a song recorded by American singer Jason Derulo featuring Trinidadian-born rapper Nicki Minaj and American singer Ty Dolla Sign. It was released on February 24, 2017, by Warner Bros. Records, as the lead single from Derulo's upcoming fifth studio album

2. Swalla is incredible, I love this track! I can't wait to hear what else he has got to serve up this time round! His last couple of albums have slayed my life.

3. Has 'fun' ever looked so laborious?

Salami, johnny_tsunami and Leopold like this.
  4. He's on his 5th album?

Legends never die indeed.

5. Okay this is officially a troll yes?

maneater83 likes this.
  6. Swalla is up to 7 on uk midweek charts and n.o 4 on uk itunes & up to 9 on spotify. This song is really taking off now could it go all the way to no.1? Jason needs to fly over to the uk to promote the song.

7. This is the dumbest song I've heard in ages.

8. It really is a big fat slice of tripe, isn't it? His songs are usually vain and vapid, but this one lacks all the charm that made his big hits so enjoyable.

johnny_tsunami and mattyjayy like this.
  9. I want to like Jason (and often I do), but he doesn't really know how to stay on the right side of creepy sometimes when it comes to his sexual songs.

I like the sound of Swalla but the actual lyrics are rather cringeworthy. I blame Talk Dirty for making him think this was a good template to continue with.

Leopold likes this.
  10. I bop to this quite hard but yeah it's all a bit embarrassing in 2017. I just wonder if anyone involved (Nicki included...) actually think the presentation of all...this...is a good idea?

londonrain likes this.
  11. This song is fucking trash. He's extremely good at being a singles artist though.

12. When it works, it really works commercially.

But his name on a single isn't even the guarantee of a hit that it should be for a good singles artist. If you don't count the minor success of Get Ugly in the U.K., he's coming off a string of five flop singles (six if you count whatever Naked was).

He really needs this to work. So presumably he thought he might as well go back to highly sexualised basic bops (feat. Nicki Minaj).

13. Swalla is a full-on abomination.

Leopold, johnny_tsunami and mattyjayy like this.
  14. Breathing is still his best song.

londonrain likes this.
  15. That hair is not a good look for him.

Leopold and mattyjayy like this.
  16. At last he recovered from all those last flops. Come on Jason! I do love your bops.

Dinno and londonrain like this.
  17. Exactly! he bounced back plus this is actually the lead single of his 5th album.He's never had a flop lead single from any of his album since his debut almost 10 years ago.

Txetxu likes this.
  18. Don't know what it is about this tune but I literally love it! It's a bit cringe in hindsight but I can't help but continue to listen to it - so catchy and I love the instrumental!

Good work Jason Ty and Nicki!!

19. Yes, thank you! I was reluctant to say anything about it because it's hard enough being a person of colour (full stop) in the public eye (exclamation) and especially for male artists of whatever ethnicity or provenance it's always remarkably difficult to experiment and switch it up without being too "gay" or femme or weird for people, but really....the hair is not a look, and it's a mistake for other male artists to look at The Weeknd (or Milli Vanilli? I mean...) as hair goals or inspiration in 2k17.

Txetxu likes this.