Julien Baker - Appointments (new album Turn Out The Lights) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Julien Baker - Appointments (new album Turn Out The Lights)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by backstreetjoe, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Her debut is stunning. Can't wait for this one!

2. Apols - didn't know about the previous record. Shall check it out.

aaronhansome and xOJakeXo like this.
  3. AHHHHG SHE IS EVERYTHING!!! ♡♡♡

aaronhansome and Aries like this.
  4. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize she had a new album coming out. Sprained Ankle was fantastic.

5. I only recently discovered her so haven't heard the previous stuff. Loving the first two tracks from the new album though - proper stunning.

Andy French likes this.
  6. Oh man, "Turn Out The Lights" is devastating and gorgeous. Love when she wails.

7. I can't wait for this.

8. Ooooh thank you for the tag~ I love Julien and I'm super excited for the new release!

If anyone can't wait for the 27th and is in desperate need to be emotionally devastated this Friday evening, definitely check out the two songs she released at the start of the year (if you haven't already!)

backstreetjoe and enricll like this.
  9. I LOVE HER AHHHHH THANKS FOR THE TAG ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

constantino and backstreetjoe like this.
  10. Stunning.

11. I'm really excited for this new album, though wary it'll probably give me a nervous breakdown. Sprained Ankle is such an incredible, devastating album and I can't really listen to it without becoming overly emotional.

12. As you can imagine, this album is a ray of sunshine while sitting in a park, watching dogs play.

Just kidding, it's devastating and will rip your heart out, step on it, crumple it up, and throw it off a cliff.

But also, it's gorgeous and the atmosphere she creates is chilling. Her voice has never sounded more powerful and assured. I love how she could front a punk band, but instead plays these slow burners. If Sprained Ankle was her playing guitar with a lone spotlight, Turn Off The Lights is an extension but with a slightly bigger spotlight to include more instruments. The strings are a lovely touch.

I have a feeling she's just going to keep getting bigger. I suspect this album will get raves. Her voice soars higher on this one, which makes me imagine a full band treatment for her at some point.

13. xOJakeXo likes this.
  14. The final minute of Claws In Your Back... chilling doesn't cut it.

Heartthrob and xOJakeXo like this.
  15. It's everything I hoped it would be.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  16. I'm only at Appointments and I'm kinda already bawling my eyes out?????????

Thank God I'm alone at the office today dddddddddddd.

enricll, Island, xOJakeXo and 2 others like this.
  17. Album of the Year contender for sure.