K-PJ Directory + K-Pop Beginner's Guide | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K-PJ Directory + K-Pop Beginner's Guide

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Sanctuary, Dec 21, 2017.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Currently Active Rosters:
    • SM: Super Junior, TVXQ, SHINee, f(x), EXO, NCT, Red Velvet, BoA
    • YG: BIGBANG, Winner, iKon, Blackpink, CL, AKMU, Epik High, Lee Hi
    • JYP: GOT7, Day6, TWICE, Stray Kids, Nakjoon, Baek Ayeon, 15&
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Currently Active Rosters:
    • A Team: VAV
    • Banana Culture: EXID
    • Beat Interactive: ACE
    • BigHit: BTS
    • Brave Ent.: Brave Girls
    • Cre.Ker: Melody Day, The Boyz
    • Cube: BTOB, CLC, Pentagon
    • Dream Tea: Girl’s Day, MAP6
    • DSP: April, KARD
    • Fantagio: ASTRO, Hello Venus, Weki Meki
    • FNC: AOA, CNBlue, FT Island, N.Flying, SF9
    • GH Ent.: B.I.G
    • Happy Face: Dreamcatcher, V.O.S
    • HUNUS - Elris, Romeo, Topp Dogg
    • JellyFish: Gugudan, VIXX
    • MBK: T-ARA, DIA
    • MMO: IN2IT
    • Plan A: Apink, Victon
    • Pledis: NU’EST, Pristin, Seventeen, fromis9 (Pre-Debut)
    • Polaris: LADIES’ CODE, LOONA
    • Rainbow Bridge: Mamamoo
    • Source Music: GFRIEND
    • Star Empire: 9Muses, Imfact
    • Starship: Boyfriend, Monsta X, WJSN
    • TOP: Teen Top, UP10TION
    • TS: B.A.P, SONAMOO
    • WAN: BigFlo
    • Widmay: Snuper
    • WM: B1A4, Oh My Girl, ONF
    • Woollim: Infinite, Golden Child, Lovelyz
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Popular Solosits:
    ~~~ more to come ~~~

[​IMG]

Active:
    2PM | 9Muses | BIGBANG | Blackpink | BoA | BP Rania | Brave Girls | Brown Eyed Girls | BTS
    Crayon Pop | DAY6 | Dreamcatcher | EXID | EXO | f(x) | Girl’s Day | Highlight/Beast | iKon
    Infinite | IU | KARD | Ladies’ Code | Lee Hyori | LOONA | Mamamoo | NU'EST | Pristin | Psy
    Seo Inyoung | SHINee | SNSD | Super Junior | T-ARA | Taeyeon | TVXQ | TWICE | VIXX | WINNER

Inactive/Disbanded:
    2NE1 | 4Minute | AA | After School | Chocolat | DalShabet | INY | Jewelry | KARA | miss A
    Orange Caramel | Rainbow | Se7en | Secret | Sistar + Sistar19 | Wonder Girls

[​IMG]

Produce 101 / I.O.I | Broduce 101 / Wanna One | Produce 48
    General Variety Shows | K-Photoshops | Upcoming Releases
    “What Are You Listing To Right Now?” | K-PJ Fan Art
    Eye Candy | K-Pop Oldies | The Bias Thread | Korean News
    K-PJ Rate Directory | General K-Pop Discussion | K-Indie Discussion

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  2. [​IMG]
    groups organized by year of debut
    [jyp doesn't put their music on Spotify outside of Hong Kong & Taiwan]

* - disbanded
    ** - inactive but haven't confirmed disbandment / inactive due to military enlistment

BOY GROUPS
    2018:
    2017:
    2016:
    2015:
    2014:
    2013:
    2012:
    2011:
    2010:
    2009:
    2008:
    2007:
    2006:
    2005 & Before:
    ————————————————————

GIRL GROUPS
    2018:
    2017:
    2016:
    2015:
    2014:
    2013:
    2012:
    2011:
    2010:
    2009:
    2008:
    2007:
    2006:
    2005 & Before:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  3. Seriously though thanks for organising this.

Let's just keep this towards the top of the page shall we?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  4. Ddd if anyone has any suggestions / corrections for the top and how it's organized, let me know. I thought about doing it Girl Group / Boy Group / Soloists, but thought it wouldn't be helpful to let people know who isn't making music anymore.

Some of these groups in active haven't released since like 2014 but won't say they're disbanding, so if you know someone's in the wrong spot, let me know.

5. f(x) are coming back next year. I can feel it.

sexercise, Island, Aries and 9 others like this.
  6. You could potentially do a Hiatus section for those that are in limbo but it might end up being too much work to juggle everyone around every time a comeback rumour reveals itself.

@Sanctuary such amazing work. The graphics, the organisation, the sheer volume of content... Somebody pin this quick.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    sexercise, ThighHighs, Aries and 9 others like this.
  7. [​IMG]

RUNAWAY, sexercise, Vixen and 18 others like this.
  8. Thanks for this sis. I need to catch up on my K-POP teebs.

9. I stan @Sanctuary so much. Tell us if you needed help for recommendation songs, sis.

This thread must be pinned. But I suggest to unpin the ''New to K-Pop?'' thread cause we already have 4 pinned threads.

sexercise, Aries, Kuhleezi and 4 others like this.
  10. I asked the subforum's mod to unpin that one and pin this when they have the chance ddd.

I'm thinking of possibly listing notable groups by debut year and next to their name having suggested songs since breaking down kpop groups by generation seems easiest for people to follow. I was going to copy/paste the suggestions from the other thread, but if y'all have others for groups, let me know.

For things like soloists, I mainly did what is popular in Korea for a good reference point (see: including Soyou because Some is one of the most successful songs in Korean history), but also included some K-PJ fave (Jessi ddd), so if y'all have suggestions for that too (including what songs the forum best things represents artists), let me know.

11. Could you add the Queen of pop Uhm Jung Hwa to the list of soloists?

12. THANKS FOR DOING THIS, @Sanctuary UNNIE!

Honestly, the reason why I never bothered with the "New to K-Pop" thread is because it's so... obsolete so a revamp of it is absolutely amazing in my book. I had a plan to do a revamp of it myself but because life is a binch, I just didn't have enough time for it.

One of my ideas was to ask y'all unnies to write about your favourite K-Pop acts - a simple introduction to the act, essential singles and albums, interesting trivias and shit. We can all 'reserve' an artist we want to talk about then we'll post our 'introduction' post about them here. And then those posts will be linked to the first post of the thread. I hope I'm making sense? ddddddd But yeah I hope we can do this. Dibs on NCT Dream xoxo.

sexercise, Ceir, Sanctuary and 10 others like this.
  13. Also, I think we're missing some people here like Lee Hi, Park Jimin and Baek Yerin of 15&, Nakjoon (Bernard Park) and Baek Ayeon.

sexercise, Aries, Sanctuary and 6 others like this.
  14. This is beautiful.

sexercise, Island, evilsin and 8 others like this.
  15. Might I suggest we add the queens of trash to the list?

Maybe some of our newer members will appreciate them as much as D and I do. kii yeah right

RUNAWAY, sexercise, evilsin and 6 others like this.
  16. This is incredible going into 2018, great job @Sanctuary !

17. Hello, the 2nd post is updated dddd.

Let me know if I've missed anyone essential.
    I'll be copying/pasting the suggestions from the previous thread.

This is your time to post any suggestions you think represent the best of the acts in the 2nd post and I'll link them in the post.

Also, are T-ARA and Brown Eyed Girls active? I had trouble figuring that out. And do we as a forum consider SNSD active?

18. Maybe we can have a "limbo" section for them and f(x)?

19. [​IMG]

20. Added both. Let me know if you have different suggestions since I just put their most known / successful singles from what I can tell. It doesn't have to be a single, I just rely on those since they usually have videos and it's easier to get into k-pop for many with visuals.

I just added SNSD to active. I misread and we don't even have a BEG thread ddd. Let me put out positive vibes for all girl groups that they'll return.