K-Pop (General Discussion) | Page 4166 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K-Pop (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by hakkangin, Mar 13, 2008.

1. This isn’t intended as shade to it being a current GenDisc topic but regarding this Nilo debacle - who cares? SK gets so pressed about everything. Even from a KPJ standpoint, it’s not as if a lot of our faves have graced even the Gaon top 100 singles so I can’t really complain with this song knocking Black Dress / Egoist / Dreams Come True / The Boots / Jealousy / Shine e.t.c down from #305 to #306 on Gaon...
    [​IMG]

Kuhleezi, vague, Seger and 3 others like this.
  2. He

He

It seems it's mostly the forever pressed fandoms of really big groups. I'm ok with anything that ticks them off even further.

Squashua likes this.
  3. [​IMG]

Kuhleezi, vague, Island and 8 others like this.
  4. I think it's a combination of:
    - much of Korea's arts industries have been heavily subsidized by the government for years as an attempt to grow it as a power in East Asia (see: Gaon being started by the government, music videos being a thriving industry because there's so many film production and arts students due to the money the government puts to growing its media industry), so some citizens think ethical standards have to be upheld or it looks bad on the government / Ministry of Culture itself.
    - a lot of the time, Chinese bots are involved in sajaegi so there'll always be some commotion when another East Asian country gets involved
    - companies worried about how not being #1 can hurt their investments / mediaplay
    - angry stans

I'm just a messy hunty who lives for drama.
    [​IMG]

5. He

He

This messery wouldn't be happening if Shaman Unnie would be ruling still.

Kuhleezi, vague, Island and 3 others like this.
  6. Chen from EXO is getting dragged for comparing himself to Kunta Kinte from Roots after a member overdrew his lips. Originally the Korean EXO-Ls subbed it as “my lips look so plump” to protect him so international EXO-Ls were defending him. But non-biased fans translated the V Live and correctly translated the Kunta Kinte line so now they’re laying into him.

A mess. Hope he apologises.

Artemisia, R92 and Slice of Life like this.
  7. I understood literally none of this.

Empty Shoebox likes this.
  8. Chen from Exo said something stupid and racist.

9. Oh, another day in KPop then.

Cotton Park likes this.
  10. I mean, the same issues haven't stopped people from stanning Mamamoo and Super Junior tracks, so.....

Cotton Park likes this.
  11. You can see fault with an idol’s behaviour and still appreciate their music. You don’t have to write them off completely. People make mistakes and all you can hope is that they learn from it so it doesn’t happen in the future.

12. THE ROSE - BABY

Monkey0, Cotton Park, Ceir and 2 others like this.
  13. People in the past haven't shared that sentiment, which is why I made the comment.

Seger likes this.
  14. I just wanna share this visual sl&yage with you all.

Nu'est's JR. Seventeen's S.Coups. NCT's Taeyong. Wanna One's Jisung. ONF's Hyojin. Leaders of five promising boy groups.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I get the Taeyong hype now.

send photo, Monkey0, Twinkle and 3 others like this.
  15. Sounds more promising than Read Me at the very least.

KING OF TASTE

[​IMG]

16. IU JUST RETIRED!

[​IMG]

17. It sure has hell stopped me! I deleted all their music after they pulled that stunt + issued an alternate apology in Korean.

Slice of Life, vague, RUNAWAY and 3 others like this.
  18. It stopped me for a long time, and I was a huge stan.... but I have to admit that I love Yellow Flower.

19. Gain found rotting.