K-Pop Rates | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K-Pop Rates

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Alouder98, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Your Clefairy write-up was hilarious and it'd be good practice for the xtina rate!

2. An all girl groups debut singles vs rate would be iconic.

It's sad that we have all these ideas but nobody has the time for hosting them n n n ....... Life sucks.

3. I enjoy the rates here which is why I stopped lurking. After I've been through a bunch more, I may be willing to do some this summer (Rate Kara Outfits In... step... no... okay... forget that...). Time could be a problem, though, especially if my KPop radio show idea at the community station here gets approved.

Anyway, I like your idea, but, I almost think we should have a first to worst rate for debuts. Just so I could see "Rocket Girl" unveiled at the top... (Is there one worse than that?)

Slice of Life, ajmkv and Alouder98 like this.
  4. Girl's Day Tilt Your Head?

ajmkv likes this.
  5. Haha... yeah... no time... *sweeps troll pokérate under the carpet*

ohnostalgia, RUNAWAY, Mikl C and 5 others like this.
  6. I would totally do this, if only to pull some strings so that No Playboy wins~

This is a great idea!

7. I'm ready to bust out the tuxedo jackets and lingerie!

ajmkv likes this.
  8. This is an amazing idea, if only for all the basic, low-budget performances and videos that will be unearthed for some of the older acts.

junglefish and Alouder98 like this.
  9. We only want a host now.

ajmkv likes this.
  10. Well, I was waiting for someone (better than me in hosting, write-ups etc and preferably one of you guys who has more K-Pop experience) to host the Girl Groups Debut Songs Rate but seems like everyone are busy for running a rate so I'm going to start it myself. But before making the thread I need some help for the list. This is the list for groups that I know or at least heard their name, please tell me if I missed a group or chose the wrong song as their debut single.

2NE1 - Fire
    4Minute - Hot Issue
    After School - AH!
    AOA - Elvis
    Apink - I Don't Know
    April - Dream Candy
    Berry Good - Love Letter
    BESTie - Pitapat
    Blackpink - Whistle
    Brave Girls - Do You Know
    BEG - Come Closer
    Bulldok - How's This
    ChoColat - Syndrome
    CLC - Pepe
    Cosmic Girls - Mo Mo Mo
    Crayon Pope - Bing Bing
    Dalshabet - Supa Dupa Diva
    DIA - Somehow
    Dream Catcher - Chase Me
    EXID - Who's That Girl
    F(x) - La Cha Ta
    Fiestar - Vista
    Gfriend - Glass Bead
    Girl's Day - Tilt My Head
    GG - Into The New World
    Gugudan - Wonderland
    Hello Venus - Venus
    I.O.I - Dream Girls
    KARA - Break It
    Laboum - Pit-A-Pat
    Ladies Code - Bad Girl
    Lovelyz - Candy Jelly Love
    MAMAMOO - Mr. Ambiguous
    Matilda - Macarena
    Melody Day - Another Parting
    Miss A - Good Girl, Bad Girl
    Minx - Why Did You Come To My House?
    MIXX - Oh My Mind
    Momoland - "JJan! Koong! Kwang
    Nine Muses - No Playboy
    Oh My Girl - Cupid
    Purfles - 1, 2, 3
    PRISTIN - Wee Woo
    Rainbow - Gossip Girl
    Rania - Dr Feel Good
    Red Velvet - Happiness
    Secret - I Want You Back
    Sistar - Push Push
    Sonamoo - Deja Vu
    Spica - Russian Roulette
    Stellar - Rocket Girl
    T-ara - Lie
    Tahiti - Tonight
    Twice - Like Ooh Aah
    Wonder Girls - Irony

Question about Dream Catcher: Since they were MINX at the beginning, I don't know what song I must choose as their debut! Why Did You To Come To My House or Chase Me?

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Slice of Life, ajmkv and send photo like this.
  11. Only ones I can think about right now are :
    Brown Eyed Girls - Come Closer
    SPICA - Russian Roulette
    TAHITI - Tonight

As for Minx/Dreamcatcher... why not have them both in the rate? They changed their name, added new members and had a complete image overhaul.

Slice of Life and Alouder98 like this.
  12. Thanks, I will add them. Come Closer is on the list, I wrote their names as BEG.

13. ddd sorry.
    Also :
    Matilda - Macarena
    Bulldok - How's This (it's their only single though so I don't know if that counts or not...)

Alouder98 likes this.
  14. You could potentially add ChoColat - Syndrome and give Purfles a nom too considering 1, 2, 3 is quite the banger but I get they're not quite in the same league as many of these girl groups.

There are also some of the 'classic' turn-of-the-century girl-group debuts if you fancy venturing that far back:

Fin.K.L - Blue Rain
    Jewelry - I Love You
    Papaya - Listen to My Word ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    S.E.S - I'm Your Girl

ajmkv likes this.
  15. I actually thought about these, but I wasn't sure if they fit the other groups here and I didn't want it to be a massive rate full of groups which maybe half of us haven't heard of but I let the other guys decide about them. I added ChoColat and the other group, though xx

Squashua likes this.
  16. Actually whilst this thread is stuck at the top, I was contemplating trialling something akin to, but not quite the same as, the Popjustice Song Contest over in the main forum, with the main exceptions being no jury to get your song accepted (because there aren't many of us over here anyway) and each 'contest' being all K-Pop songs based around a theme (artist, genre, year, gender, MV style anything!) set by the last contest's winning KPJ-er.

Should be a relatively quick, low maintenance "rate" to hold periodically, yet still arguably something fun for our little K-Haven to participate in / way to listen to or relive even more K-pop gold from various corners of the output.

Any & all thoughts appreciated x

17. Crayon Pop's debut song should be Bing Bing.

Cotton Park, Alouder98 and Squashua like this.
  18. Hey guys, me and @ohnostalgia are hosting the Winners Rate over in the charts subforum. @Sprockrooster mentioned you guys were interested in participating. Are these the rates to include?

I don't think SM vs will be included since it isn't finished. Thanks!

Edit: Ddd I'll skip the Produce 101 rate but the rest look fine.

Slice of Life, Squashua and Alouder98 like this.
  19. Yes. I was the one that talked to @Sprockrooster. If you ask me, only include Genie, I Love You , Closer, Someone Like You and Crayon Pope's winner, since MIXX was only a fun rate and P101 was a program.

Squashua and send photo like this.
  20. Maybe you can base it on participation. Looking at the list solely I would definitely add that 2016 song of the year. But I have zero knowledge about K-pop so I honestly do not know what to add or what is big.

send photo and Alouder98 like this.