K-Popjustice Charts - January 2018 Edition + 2nd GRAMAMA Awards (MIX PRODUCE UNI+ RESULTS!!!) | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K-Popjustice Charts - January 2018 Edition + 2nd GRAMAMA Awards (MIX PRODUCE UNI+ RESULTS!!!)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Dddddddd sorry but I can't post any result tonight, unnies. My body is basically begging me to sleep right now ddddd. I promise I'll post something tomorrow. Goodnight xoxo

[​IMG]

3. 4

[​IMG]

GREAT!
    Momoland
    Dublekick Company

26 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 4
    Months on Chart: 1

VOTERS:
    5 - @ThighHighs
    3 - @PopZeitgeist, @send photo, @He
    2 - @SophiaSophia, @digitalkaiser, @Squashua, @Aries, @eccentricsimply
    1 - @ryjm, @GeiPanda

New Icons of Sajaegi (Laboum who?), Momoland, make their debut on our album chart! Congrats, gorls!

Momoland is back with their mini album, the confidently titled Great! In a surprising turn of events, I have actually already listened to this ddddd. I just didn't listen to it that much and that's why it didn't appear in my ballot.

Listening to it now again though, there's a lot to enjoy here. Curious is that positive vibe bop that K-Pop is so good at doing. Fly's production is so pretty and reminds me a bit of some of Oh My Girl's b-sides. Same Same is okay, I guess. Keke.

Your comments!

ryjm: You are indeed correct Momoland. Bravo. (SOL: Welcome to the KPJC family, unnie! <3)

ThighHighs: Same Same is such a bop! (SOL: dddd oop.)

4. 3

[​IMG]

OFFSET
    Chungha
    MNH Entertainment

29 points

Peak Position: 3

VOTERS:
    5 - @Island
    4 - @BEST FICTION
    3 - @Sanctuary
    2 - @ryjm, @He, @junglefish, @Slice of Life, @Gintoki, @ohnostalgia, @R92
    1 - @RUNAWAY, @Serg., @eccentricsimply

The future of K-Pop female soloists, Chungha, also debuts on our album chart! We love talent!

Offset is the second mini album of Chungha after last year's Hands on Me. The mini album contains four songs and an intro. And honestly, I stan.

Offset sees Chungha flex her vocals more - and this time, with only minimal straining kekeke. Chungha's vocals especially shine on Do It and its shouty chorus. Go off, unnie! Bad Boy reminds me of Taetiseo which may or may not be a good thing xoxo. Remind of You is the token ballad that we're all used to in K-Pop albums.

Your comments!

ryjm: Nothing off about this. Chun Ha is ON IT.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018 at 11:12 AM
    Ceir, Sanctuary, Squashua and 12 others like this.
  5. Please don't scalp me for that typo though. A thousand apologies Chungha, I'll let you keep that heinous bob wig.

Slice of Life and He like this.
  6. 2

Sorry unnies but I really can't write about this album. I don't have the range. I love you, Jonghyun oppa.

[​IMG]

POET | ARTIST
    Jonghyun
    SM Entertainment

52 points

Peak Position: 2

VOTERS:
    5 - @send photo, @ryjm, @SophiaSophia, @Monkey0, @Aries, @eccentricsimply
    4 - @PopZeitgeist, @RUNAWAY, @ryan_riot92
    3 - @ohnostalgia
    2 - @Sanctuary, @Ceir, @Kuhleezi
    1 - @karmarisma

ryjm: An immaculate and stunning collection of songs.

Aries: possibly his finest work and a true testament to his talent. Rest in Peace, King.

SophiaSophia: I never wanted to write commentary like this but I have to do this for my own benefit. Just managing to play the two MVs once was tough but playing this album even tougher. My heart still feels incredibly heavy when I see him or hear his voice it’s better than it was in December but I feel very conflicted as I can’t fully enjoy this as I would have done if he was still here it pains me to know which songs I would be constantly playing but I can only manage just this one precious listen right now because I miss him so much. I wish he was still here but that feels selfish on my part I accept his decision but I haven’t fully accepted it because whilst he lives on through the internet there are things about a person that can’t be experienced just through a computer screen. I wish I had a chance to have experience him in person but regretfully I wasn’t in a position to but for many years I remained hopeful I could see my boys one day I still do but I know it’s not going to be how I envisioned it would be. Hopefully someday I’ll be able to enjoy this and find comfort. Now onto the music it sums up Jonghyun the person perfectly it’s sonically and literally Shinin’ his brightest of all his albums. His compassion, lyrical sensitivity, forward thinking, handsome and suave demeanour are present throughout the album. His musical nuances in the production, poetic lyricism and the way he plays with his vocals and uses every part of his range make this instantly recognisable as Jonghyun but at the same time always making sure to include SHINee in some way but as I think he said once they are both his identity. Our bling bling was the biggest shawol there could be. This album was composed cleverly with a lot of care and precision all the way down to the tiny details to me he made sure to include every part of him the Poet and Artist in this. Really all I needed to write was as a simple Thank You and You did well in the end but I felt I needed to justify this piece of work more thoroughly to the best of my ability. But I hope that Spring has come for you Jonghyun and you’re finally at peace.

karmarisma, Ceir, Sanctuary and 14 others like this.
  7. 1

[​IMG]

THE PERFECT RED VELVET
    Red Velvet
    SM Entertainment

64 points

Last Month's Position: 4
    Peak Position: 1
    Months on Chart: 3

VOTERS:
    5 - @Alouder98, @PopZeitgeist, @RUNAWAY, @Kuhleezi
    4 - @SophiaSophia, @eliminathan, @Aries
    3 - @ryjm, @Ceir, @BEST FICTION, @ThighHighs, @GeiPanda, @digitalkaiser, @eccentricsimply, @R92
    2 - @Serg., @ryan_riot92
    1 - @junglefish, @Slice of Life, @Squashua, @ohnostalgia

And Red Velvet return to the top spot with the repackage version of the The Perfect Velvet brilliantly (and maybe lazily?) titled The Perfect Red Velvet.

The Perfect Red Velvet contains all of the songs from The Perfect Velvet plus three new songs.

I'll be honest and say that I was actually kinda disappointed when we didn't get more Red-leaning songs. I mean, why rename the album to The Perfect RED Velvet when we'll still be served with more Velvet tracks? SM, sis, stop playing with my heart like this.

But still, I like the three new songs that we got. Two of them made our Song Chart so I can't really talk about them here xoxo.

Your comments!

ThighHighs: All Right is such a bop!

ryjm: There was no need for the name change, Perfect Velvet indeed.

eliminathan: They reached their ultimate form combining red and velvet in their album title for the first time. Bad boy is fine, I'm just voting this because of all the other bops in The perfect velvet.

SophiaSophia: Who needs to write commentary when the album title does it for you.

Alouder98: Red Velvet - The Perfect Red Summer Velvet : Velvet Edition (Red Reloaded) by Red Velvet. (SOL: akdudjdhdhsghshj i hate u.)

karmarisma, ryjm, Ceir and 11 others like this.
  8. Y'all really pushed a rerelease for an album that already won over Jonghyun huh

[​IMG]

And @R92 YOU FUCKING ORDERED JONGHYUN AND DIDN'T EVEN VOTE FOR HIM?? WHY DO I EVEN TAG YOU FOR THIS SHIT

9. I voted for Jonghyun where the fuck is he?!

10. He

He

I move to have Red Velvet demoted, Jonghyun deserves it.

Even though I did not vote for either.

Slice of Life likes this.
  11. and I can tell half those 3's are because you couldn't be fucked to use one of your extra two slots for Poet | Artist t̞̪̮̫̗̪͜h̥͚͙͕̬e S͔͚̱̘̜̺H͍͕̼̞͟͠É͓̣E҉̛̮R̯̯̰̖̕ Ḑ̞̰̮̥̺̟̘̦̰͉̖̻̬̩͍͡͝͞Ì̤̯̝̪͎͍̝͓̭͍̩͜͢͝S̶͈̮̥̟̟̖̮̥̖͚͢͟R̢͙͉̹̪̺̥̥̯̝̳̮̬͙̝͉͔̳̕E̷̴̡̨̼̟̦̤͉͖͙̟͙Ṣ̢̛̼̙̩̜͕͘͟P̸̨͇̣̖̫͓͓̫E̢̫̞̯̮̤̯̱͇̠͔̪̞͟ͅC͏̢̨̺͓͓̭͓̳̦̘͇͢T͉̯̥̯̫͇͘͟

[​IMG]

12. He

He

New motion, let's make Jonghyun number 1 for February?

13. WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE SLICE DIDN'T EVEN VOTE FOR HIM

[​IMG]

14. WHY DO YOU THINK I VOTE FOR KISS MY LIPS EVERY FUCKING MONTH??? THOSE EXTRA POINTS ARE ESSENTIAL!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

15. He

He

I love your variety of gifs from this piece of Latino history.

16. I didn't listen to it yet nn.
    I also only listened to The Perfect Red Velvet once, but I needed to add something to my ballot kii.