K-Popjustice Charts - June 2017 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K-Popjustice Charts - June 2017 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Jun 21, 2017.

1. He

He

This month has been the messiest and my favorite. Keep it up, unnies.

Thank you so much for your work, @Slice of Life.

2. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

CHEWY ZONE VOL. 7

God, I'm so tired of being extra dancing. Thank God this is the last volume.

@Ceir is here to announce that yes, he totally loves us. Aww, that's so sweet of you. I wish I could tell you the same.

UGH.
    I JUST DID ON MY PHONE AT LUNCH BECAUSE I LOVE YOU LITTLE PUNKS.

Singles
    1. Jinsoul - Singing in the Rain

The girl BROUGHT. IT.
    While the song isn't as good as Eclipse, that video is everything and her rap in the second verse has k-hip hop shook. Jimin could never.

2. Day6 - Lean On Me.
    THOSE. GUITARS.
    That's all.

3. T-ara - What's My Name.
    Tbh it's only here out of nostalgia. The song is very eh to me.

4. Jinsoul and Kim Lip - Love Letter.
    Dasoni who? Davichi who? TVXQ who?! Behold the new game-changing duo!

5. NCT 127 - 0 Mile.
    B. O. P. along the lines of Monsta X's "All I Do".

6. Monsta X - Shine Forever.

I'm not even gonna try to justify this. Shameless Shownu stanning.

7. BoA - Camo

8. Day6 - I Smile

10. WJSN - Babyface.

Albums!

1. Day6 - Sunrise
    MY BABIES. YES.

2. FT Island - Over 10 Years

3. Monsta X - Shine Forever

4. NCT 127 - Cherry Bomb
    Night and Day, Sunmer 127, and 0 Mile ...Do I need to say more?

5. Gummy - Stroke.

OMG THERE'S NO NUMBER 9 ON THE SINGLES
    AHHH

THE REAL number 10 should be Suran's 1+1 = 0.
    I'm such a damn mess this month!

---

Another new unnie is @Kuhleezi. The good cyst is running the Tinashe Discography Rate. If y'all have the time, help an unnie out and vote on ha rate. #PromoIsEverything #PayMeUpSis #NothingsFreeAnymore

Songs:
    1. PRISTIN - WEE WOO
    2. BLACKPINK - AS IF IT'S YOUR LAST
    3. BoA - CAMO
    4. LOONA - Singing in the Rain
    5. WJSN - Geeminy
    6. Wonder Girls - I Feel You
    7. 9MUSES - Remember
    8. Stellar - Archangels of the Sephiroth
    9. 2NE1 - Fire
    10. Red Velvet - Russian Roulette

Albums:
    1. WJSN - Happy Moment
    2. Wonder Girls - Reboot
    3. PRISTIN - The 1st Mini Album 'HI! PRISTIN'
    4. MAMAMOO - Purple

---

Next is @ThisIsRogue who insists on voting for that two-track WINNER single album. You could have voted for Momoland. I'm just saying.

Singles
    1. BoA - Camo
    2. Blackpink - As If It's Your Last
    3. Loona - Singing In The Rain
    4. Loona - Eclipse
    5. Unnies - Right?
    6. Blackpink - Playing With Fire
    7. WINNER - Really Really
    8. Brave Girls - Rollin'
    9. KARD - Don't Recall
    10. EXID - Boy

1. IU - Palette
    2. Brave Girls - Rollin'
    3. EXID - Eclipse
    4. BlackPink - Square Two
    5. Minzy - Minzy Work 01 Uno

---

Here is @mokimbird's ballot. The good cyst is also running a rate. It's the Reduce, I mean, Broduce 101 Rate. Show the unnie some rate love. #Promo #PayMeUpAsWellCyst

Ooo yes! Here you go:

SINGLES

1. Day6 - I Smile
    This song is so heart-wrenching that it's bringing up all of my ex-boyfriends, and I've never had a boyfriend in my life. That chorus whacks me in my feels like a 4x4 to my balls.

2. Kim and the Lips - Eclipse
    Or "EE-KUL-LEEPS," as I sing to myself on the subway sometimes.

3. Jinsoul - Singing In The Rain
    Hasn't been enough time to see how this stacks up to Kimlip's iconic song, but this stands on its own all the same. Jinsoul a true triple threat.

4. BLACKPINK - As If It's Your Last
    Even with the non-starter of a rap (sorry, Lisa - I still love making fun of your grunting noises) this still goes off. Joint MVP goes to Jennie for channeling smoky girl power and Jisoo for having the least lines of the four but still gluing my eyes and ears to her whenever her parts come up.

5. 9MUSES - Remember
    9MUSES have channeled the pathos of their career trajectory - by which I mean being dragged across the Star Empire floor halfway to death yet somehow still surviving - into this dark, moody banger. If this zombie group is still putting out songs of this caliber, I hate to think about how much more amazing they could be with better management/luck.

6. Girls Next Door - Deep Blue Eyes
    I don't know what to say about this but 1) in a better universe this could have been Oh My Girl's follow-up single to "1 Step, 2 Steps" and 2) in this universe these girls do great enough that I don't even mind.

7. Chungha - Why Don't You Know
    A fun one-use summer bawp benefits from being seasonally timely. Also because I like Chungha and want her to get even better songs than this.

8. VIXX - Shangri-La
    Listening to this makes me feel like I've been transported into a fantasy realm where fans are deadly weapons and people fly on the winds of future bass worbles. Is "worble" a word? "Shangri-La" makes me think it could be.

9. Stellar - Archangels of the Sephiroth
    The title is worth one point alone. The song is worth another.

10. T-ARA - What's My Name?
    Seeing them win for the first time in five years was really emotional, and I'm glad the song behind it holds up. Not as good as their 2011-12 output, but then again few things are?

HONORABLE MENTIONS. NCT127 - Cherry Bomb
    See, in frustratingly short sections of this I can see where NCT127 could land - bridging the hard-edged, experimental qualities of EXO with the more lush, layered qualities of SHINEE (Mark's longer rap, the melodic passages). But whenever I'm about to get into this, my appreciation is interrupted by "AHM THE BIGGEST HIT AHM THE BIGGEST HIT" and "IF YUH HAPPEH AND YUH KNOW IT CLAP YUH HAAANNNS" and then I just can't anymore.

ALBUMS

1. Day6 - Sunrise
    Best rock album of the year, K-pop or not.

2. WJSN - Happy Moment
    3. IU - Palette

---

Budding Chart Villain, @Overdose, is here! Enjoy that 15 minutes of fame while you can, babe. It's not gonna last forever. WAIT, THIS GOT WAY TOO REAL.

Songs

1. SISTAR - Lonely [My queens ♡]
    2. BLACKPINK - As If It's Your Last [Queens of unexpected chorus drops, unique vocal tones and stunning videos.]
    3. SEVENTEEN - Don't Wanna Cry [Sensitive kings]
    4. MAMAMOO - Yes I Am [Queens of funky songs and problematic visuals]
    5. BoA - CAMO [Stunning video for a stunning queen. The first K-Pop fave I ever had, she's still killing it and giving me all the Janet vibes I love.]
    6. EXID - Night Rather Than Day
    7. Apink - FIVE [Cute and catchy]
    8. CHUNG HA - Why Don't You Know [What kind of Jessica Jung on Xanax teas? Queen of EDM and special effects]
    9. VIXX - Shangri-La [Thworping kings]
    10. JinSoul (LOOΠΔ) - Singing in the Rain

Albums

1. SEVENTEEN - Al1 [Still bopping to Swimming Fool and Crazy in Love.]
    2. EXID - Eclipse
    3. EXID - Street
    4. EXID - Ah Yeah [Ddd why not eh?]
    5. SISTAR - SO COOL [I love wasting votes on my retired queens]

Another great month, another late ballot to fuck up your results.

As always it's been a pleasure dealing with you.

[​IMG]

---

That's it for me, Chewy Unnie.

This is probably the last time y'all are gonna give me the time of day, right?

The decay, etc.

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed my extraness hosting skills. I promise to come back with a more extra mature image.

PLEASE VOTE FOR MOMOLAND'S FUTURE SINGLE.

Also, Chewy >>>>>>>>>>>>> wall >>>>>>>>>> Nancy.

Annyeong. Saranghae.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. That's it for the K-Popjustice Charts - June 2017 Edition. I hope y'all enjoyed another month full of bops and another edition of KPJC filled to the brim with meltdowns. Kii.

The first page is also updated with the results with links to their respective posts.

Just a little reminder though.

I will be opening the K-Popjustice Charts - July 2017 Edition earlier than usual (I'm thinking of publishing the thread on the 16th). The deadline will also be earlier. It's because I have a scheduled vacation on August 3 to 8 (yath I'm so excited) so I don't really have the luxury of time to do the reveal of results. I will also be pre-writing A LOT of the write-ups for the songs/albums so expect the quality of my posts to be below par (not that my posts were of quality to begin with dddddd). I know July will be full of bops so I will really try to give them justice with my write-ups. Don't expect too much though. xo

Finally, thank you for your support! I can't believe I still enjoy hosting this mess until now dddddddd. Let's meet again in a few days.

(And I can now finally return to my Bom avatar after a successful promo campaign for Dowoon and DAY6 kii)

Sarang,
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  4. Is my undying affection and boundless devotion not enough anymore? You can check your bank account later xo

You're amazing @Slice of Life. You always were, are and will keep on doing that.

5. We've been over this you have to clear all vacation requests with me and they will be rejected because I'm not going a week without talking to you.
    [​IMG]