K-Popjustice Charts - March 2017 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K-Popjustice Charts - March 2017 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Mar 20, 2017.

?

How many albums should we vote for every month?

1. Maximum of five, no more no less

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Maximum of five, minimum of three

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
  1. I'll pray for you @eccentricsimply- you and that disgusting mouth of yours. God Bless.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. He

He

Scream.

I'm just appreciative of diverging opinions and honesty.

I did vote for Lolling though.

3. About time this forum lived up to its name.

Slice of Life likes this.
  4. I'm honestly living for @junglefish's meltdowns. That's what happens when you don't vote, unnie~~~ Kekeke~~~

[​IMG]

Love you, babe. x

5. I didn't vote for either of them, so at least i didn't sway it one way.

Slice of Life likes this.
  6. It's the final day of reveal, my beloved unnies.

Thank you for staying with me for the whole duration of this edition of the KPJC.

We are down to our last two songs.

Two mammoth bops.

Two worthy hymns.

But only one will prevail.

First, let's meet our runner up who truly gave a good fight.

22 out of 26 participants gave this points. That's 2 more than our eventual winner.

Here we go.

[​IMG]

FINGERTIP
    GFriend
    from the The Awakening mini album
    Source Music

161 POINTS HOLY CRAP NOT EVERY 2ND PLACER HAS THAT

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 2
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    10 - @ThighHighs, @eccentricsimply, @LOOΠΔ, @Slice of Life, @Vesperly
    9 - @McQueer, @Mikl C, @SophiaSophia, @ryan_riot92
    8 - @Alouder98, @GeiPanda, @Gintoki, @ajmkv
    7 - @Salami
    6 - @D is for Danger!, @Overdose
    5 - @send photo, @Ceir
    4 - @LightningRider, @Squashua, @Deja-Boo
    2 - @Cotton Park

I'm pretty sure y'all know that I am obsessed with this song... and it's actually not even my favourite GFriend single ever. WAT?

But even though I gave this my coveted 10 points, I know deep in my heart that it's never gonna win. Despite being behind by just 13 points from our winner, this never snatched first place. Poor it.

Anyway, let's talk about the song.

Fingertip is GFriend's latest single taken from their fourth mini album, The Awakening. And boy is this a stormer of a song. People call this very Kara, very Nine Muses but to these ears, this is actually very Infinite - the Sweetune one, not the Rphabet dirge. This sounds like the sequel to The Chaser, Infinite's best song ever. And that middle 8 reminds me of Kara's criminally underrated Pandora.

Initially, I was also not very convinced of this effort. It felt... not enough.

But then GFriend started promoting this on Korea's countless music shows...

And then Source Music released not one but two choreography version music videos...

and...

[​IMG]

I also absolutely love the fact that GFriend sells this song with so much confidence. Honestly, when I heard that they were changing sounds/concepts/etc, I had doubts and I was expecting a little awkwardness.

But the girls displayed zero amount of awkwardness. TALENT.

And the visuals!!! Not Umji stealing the Korean netizens' hearts by simply losing weight and being her awesome self. I also love Yuju's Gogo Yubari realness look. Yath kween! Yerin looks like a Barbie doll. And SinB...

Oh my God, SinB.

Let me live, cyst! I was not ready for her. For me, she's the absolute star of this comeback. Her moves, her grace, her charisma... I stan.

Okay, enough GFriend stanning from you. It's your time to sing these girls praises, unnies.

Drown to my love instead, send photo bby.

Sonic realness! Reminds me of the Chemical Plant Zone. Would drown to this song.

I love the electric guitar too, D is for Danger!

Tongue Tongue Tongue Fingertip! I love the electric guitar and Chromeo production on this track. It's still GFRIEND, but they've switched it up just enough to make it sound fresh.

Overdose shades GFriend's visuals...

I'm usually not here for GFRIEND on account of their permanent expressionless state. However this is funky and pretty fun overall, if only their faces would reflect that.

My resting binch face is triggered, cyst.

Let's stan SinBae together, Squashua cyst!

Yep i'm doubling up on GFriend votes this month because they're just that good. Fingertip has taken a while to click in part because everything surrounding the chorus is so phenomenal that the "tangtangtang FINGA-TEP" doesn't take it up another notch and instead plateaus out. But its just so hard to ignore all the amazing moments - the choreo breakdown where SinB shakes my soul, the "1-2-3 / 3-2-1" pre-chorus, all the Dal*Shabet "OW!"s that start world peace, the military outfits, the slightly bonkers multiple timelines 80's sci-fi thriller music video... Keep all that good stuff coming ladies.

Can I snipe you instead, Ceir Unnie? Kekeke.

Eunha can snipe me, anytime, anywhere.

ajmkv Unnie is being messy again as per usual.

Yeah, I'm still hearing "tongue tongue tongue, fingertip"... it's the rimming anthem I never knew I needed (I need to stop talking about that part of the body, lord help me please.)

I don't really hear Crayon Pope on this, Cotton Park cyst, but I'll let you be great.

Sometimes I imagine Crayon Pop doing this song and like it much more. But as weird and otherworldly as this thing is, I'm glad they did it. They had to.

HOLD UP. GFriend hater ryan_riot92 gave this 9 points??? I can stop crying, we did it kids!

TANG TANG TANG!!! MY HEART! I must confess I adore this track! I may be your resident GFRIEND hater (hey gurl hey) but I cannot deny this absolute banger! Like I’ve said so many times before, you can never go wrong with retro … at least not yet … This is an 80s pop glam masterpiece blended into the K-Pop genre. I’m so proud of these girls for trying something new that I dug up my stan card and dusted off the massive amounts of dog shit on it. Keep this up ladies!!

And we'll close with ThighHighs, noted GFriend stan, who listened to ha maeum.

All month long there has been an internal struggle over who would get my #1, between GFriend and Brave Girls. In the end, I had to listen to my heart and go with Pingatip. This song is everything I love about them and more. The middle-8 into the synth breakdown is EVERYTHING. The choreo is perfect and they look snatched. They have cemented their place as my #1 currently operating GG.

Mikl C, McQueer, Squashua and 9 others like this.
  7. And so our number 1 song for March 2017 is...

The first real flop girl group to actually score a KPJC number one song...

U WANNA TOUCH ME ANO~~~

[​IMG]

ROLLIN'
    Brave Girls
    from the Rollin' mini album
    Brave Entertainment

174 POINTS

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 1
    Months on Chart: 1

Voters:
    10 - @Alouder98, @D is for Danger!, @GeiPanda, @McQueer, @Mikl C, @ThisIsRogue, @ryan_riot92, @ajmkv, @R92, @Salami
    9 - @ThighHighs, @LightningRider, @LOOΠΔ
    8 - @send photo, @Squashua, @He
    7 - @Gintoki, @Slice of Life
    6 - @Cotton Park
    3 - @Deja-Boo

LOOK AT THOSE 10s!!! S L E I G H !!!

If only certain members of this sub-forum voted, I'm sure Rollin' would've destroyed K.A.R.D's 180 points record.

Rollin' is Brave Girls' best single yet. There. Done.

If y'all thought these girls peaked with Deepened and/or High Heels, then you are totally wrong. Rollin' is at least a thousand times better than those two songs... and that's saying something.

Rollin' is just... is insanely good. And it actually only gets better on repeated listens. I know because that's actually how I eventually ended up becoming obsessed with it.

At first, I thought Rollin' was just cute. It's for the clubs, for the parties, etc. It's not exactly original-sounding either.

But then this video happened.

Me after watching that video:

[​IMG]

It changed my life.

I'm not kidding.

It totally did.

After watching that video, I enjoyed the song more and more. More and more... until I was practically prancing around the house (and the office oop) to the tune of "lolly lolly lolly" and attempting to dance the stooleography.

And now, I honestly think this is an 11/10. It's so good.

I think I can sl*y the post-chorus neck-focused dance moves but the stooleography?

[​IMG]

Sad.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT MY FLOP DANCING SKILLS.

Let's go to the comments section.

DO NOT COME FOR THE NECK-FOCUSED DANCE MOVES, Cotton Park Unnie!

Jesus, what's not to like? Maybe the weird little stretchy dance they do after the chorus, I don't know. I love Yuna's killer Engrish, the bouncy mix of anthem and bop, and Minyoung's weirdly almost cackling vocals shoehorned into the chorus, and Yujeong's Mona Lisa smile.

ThighHighs, cyst, I need to see your performance of this stat!

What a BOP. This song is everything, from the production, to the vocals, to the live performances. I'm obsessed with it. The fact that seemingly half of it is in English only adds to its appeal, because it adds a lot to my drunken lip syncs in front of my friends (of which there have been at least 3).

He is left with just one word repeated thrice.

Bop bop bop

Bby send photo also bops... but in ha own special way.

*bops in neck brace*

Dddddd LightningRider Unnie, you know you wanna try that stooleography at least once. Do it!

My life after this song has basically been seeing any stool and getting triggered. LOLLY LOLLY LOLLY.

GeiPanda's only commentary for this edition is for this bop.

hair-snatching, boot-tossing queens

YAS post that video again, D is for Danger! oppa-nim!

An obvious choice for single of the month! Everyone on the forum's been bopping to it. Sure it's basic, but it's fun and that's what pop music is all about. The chorus has got Shakira shaking her hips in fear! Dat chair choreo too! Need I remind everyone of their iconic Music Bank performance as to why you should stan them?! BG - 2, your faves - 0.

Squashua has some really good ideas! Contact him, @Brave Brothers.

There's no point even fighting how much of a knockout jam this is. People keep trying to play down High Heels' Sassy girl impacT or how Deepened revolutionised gymwear but there is finally NO denying that new gen BG is here to body-roll away with all of our hearts. The video's underlying cheapness and whatever that 19+ rating was all about can't mask the joint most iconic choreo this year alongside KARD's Gorilla bounce. I admit there's little I can do but give in and completely emulate their ways during the chorus - it's infectious and my glutes ache like i've been in the weights room for 9 consecutive days. If they're stuck for coin then they should totally market a fitness DVD entitled "Brave Squats" where you warm up with a lil' High Heels bouncing before taking on the whole stool-ography of Rollin' cooling down with some Deepened slowies. Sign me up for a membership ladies.

ryan_riot92 Unnie, no need to resort to violence because Rollin' snatched that number one spot! Lighten up a bit now.

I swear if anyone DOESN’T vote for this one, I’ll find them and follow them like Sonia followed that obviously gay guy in the video for “You’ll Never Stop Me From Loving You” but with hatred instead of stalker obsession. Seriously though, if we thought “Deepened” and “High Heels” were killer, this one just takes the cake. If Brave Brothers keep this sound going, I want EVERYONE to work with them this year. It’s got those subtle hints of Kylie in it that I live for along with stool choreography for days. This track is truly one of the greatest tracks to come from this year so far and I’m hoping that they’ll get at least one more comeback before 2018.

And ajmkv Unnie will close this post with ha messy, messy commentary.

YOU WANNA TOUCH MI ANO. MI ANO.
    Beyond the fact that it sounds like they're saying "Lonely lonely lonelaaaaay", it also sounds like they're straight up asking all the boys if they want to touch their no-no holes in Spanish. I can't. I adore it. It's been my "I'm sad but I'm still DTF boys" anthem ever since it came out. I'll be waiting on my stool for someone to come touch mi ano, just like this
    [​IMG]
    (I'll see myself out.)

'Ano' means anus in spanish so every time I see y'all write that sentence out like that I giggle to myself. - McQueer

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    GeiPanda, ThighHighs, McQueer and 4 others like this.
  8. Well, considering what "stool" also means in English, so all this "stool choreography," " stool-ography," and "stooleography" is doing the same thing for me. So sophomoric. Can't help it. Anyway this is one of those songs (like "Someone Like U") that just gets better and better.

BTW, I like the Sweetunes reference in the GF Pingeltip post. I don't know why I didn't see it before. Very similar in the in-your-face-unapologetically-overproduced way. But GF doesn't have the same swagger that Kara did. Yet. I compare them a little to the Pope just in the sense that both groups are really true originals, from small companies, upstreamers, underdogs, both with a performance style that's all their own. And SinB... my god, yeah...

Disappointed that there wasn't more support for Highlight (and probably will be next month for Winner) but I love these two songs. TANGTANGTANG!

9. Let's kick off our shoes and celebrate this momentous occasion cuz let's be honest, this is the only time Brave Girls will ever land a number 1.

ThisIsRogue, Mikl C, Squashua and 4 others like this.
  10. I can't tell if you're coming on to me or if you want me dead.
    Either way, I'm down.

11. Perfect results. I gave my gals my 10, but the right song won. Thank God for Brave Bros, thank God for Yujeong, thank God for stools.

You gotta be a snapchat follower to see that, henny.

12. How will you snapchat and dance on a stool at the same time?!

ThighHighs and Slice of Life like this.
  13. I'll post your full ballots, update the first page, etc later, my babes. Please wait a bit.

I'm going out today because I finally have time dddddd. xxxxx

ajmkv, He, Overdose and 2 others like this.
  14. YAAASSS!!! QUEENS WINI_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY!!!!

[​IMG]

15. I love it when people actually read my posts dddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

Please press the 'Like' button as well. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

16. Your individual ballots are coming~~~

Let's do it.

[​IMG]

TEA ZONE VOL. 1

Let's start with my love, @send photo. This poor BoA stan...

1. DAY6 - How Can I Say
    I know Rollin' will win so let me slip these guys my top slot. GOD DAMN IT JUST FUCKING LISTEN TO THESE GUYS.

2. HA:TFELT - Thru The Sky
    This is so gorgeous and ethereal. Shook at this being Yeeun and me not even noticing, oops. Flop fan.

3. Brave Girls - Rollin'
    *bops in neck brace*

4. K.A.R.D - Don't Recall
    Still goes the fawk off and still gets regular play from me.

5. NELL - Full moon

6. GFriend - FINGERTIP
    Sonic realness! Reminds me of the Chemical Plant Zone. Would drown to this song.

7. PRISTIN - Wee Woo
    Mediocre but that weeuweeue part is drilled in my head. Cut from the same cloth as TT so expect me to hate it in a month or so.

8. Uhm Jung Hwa - You Are Too Much
    I enjoy this but where's that second half of the album sis?

9. Tiffany - I Just Wanna Dance
    wendy hat.gif

10. BoA - Kiss My Lips
    Does she accumulate points for end of the year charts or something?

1. Brave Girls - Rollin'
    The single is infectious but the whole mini is strong teebs.

2. Taeyeon - My Voice
    This is actually very enjoyable. Reminds me of Lee Hyori or BoA in that it's an album. You don't get that a lot in k-pop.

3. GFriend - The Awakening

4. Lee Hyori - Monochrome
    At least she's confirmed unlike...

5. BoA - Kiss My Lips
    GOD FUCKING DAMMIT WHERE ARE YOU.

Next up is the surprisingly messier as of late, @Alouder98.

Brave Girls - Rollin'
    4minue - Crazy
    Gfriend - Fingertip
    Sunmi - Full Moon ( feat Lena )
    Brave Girls - No Rush
    Brave Girls - Memory
    Taeyeon - Time Lapse
    Big Bang - Fantastic Baby
    Exo - Call Me Baby
    Taeyeon - Love In Color

Taeyeon - My Voice
    Brave Girls - Rollin
    Taeyeon - Why
    Tiffany - I Just Wanna Dance
    Seohyun - Don't Say No

@D is for Danger!, I'm shook that you actually PM-ed me first this time around. I'm so happy!

Brave Girls - Rollin'

An obvious choice for single of the month! Everyone on the forum's been bopping to it. Sure it's basic, but it's fun and that's what pop music is all about. The chorus has got Shakira shaking her hips in fear! Dat chair choreo too! Need I remind everyone of their iconic Music Bank performance as to why you should stan them?! BG - 2, your faves - 0.

Moon Hyuna - Cricket Song

The best Hyuna is back with some quirky electronic pop. Keep doing you girl!

Ashmute - Scenery

Smooth, chill and laidback jazz. I really enjoyed this. I'm surprised it didn't put me to sleep like most SK downtempos do.

Lucy - B'day

Former GLAM member Park Jiyeon is back! Not a bad debut track.

GFRIEND - Fingertip

Tongue Tongue Tongue Fingertip! I love the electric guitar and Chromeo production on this track. It's still GFRIEND, but they've switched it up just enough to make it sound fresh.

Pristin - Wee Woo

I wasn't expecting to like this, but that chorus is damn infectious. The song is a mess with no cohesion, but that doesn't mean it won't bop.

Pristin - Black Pearl

I'm giving this a nomination due to Yebin's section and the Black Widow part of the chorus.

Nugudan - A Girl Like Me

Subin - Circle's Dream

Loona 1/3 - Love&Live

Even though this song ain't that great, I need to support my girls. They're getting too much hate on here. Stan Loona!

Another unnie who actually sent me a PM first is @ThighHighs! I'm so honestly shook.

Annyeong unnie!

Would you even BELIEVE IT!? I message YOU first! There's nothing else coming out this month that I care about, so I can do this nice and early for ya.

Songs:
    1) GFriend- Fingertip- All month long there has been an internal struggle over who would get my #1, between GFriend and Brave Girls. In the end, I had to listen to my heart and go with Pingatip. This song is everything I love about them and more. The middle-8 into the synth breakdown is EVERYTHING. The choreo is perfect and they look snatched. They have cemented their place as my #1 currently operating GG.
    2) Brave Girls- Rolling- What a BOP. This song is everything, from the production, to the vocals, to the live performances. I'm obsessed with it. The fact that seemingly half of it is in English only adds to its appeal, because it adds a lot to my drunken lip syncs in front of my friends (of which there have been at least 3).
    3) Broduce 101- Pick Me- While not as instantly catchy (read: annoying) as the original, this one takes the gimmicks out and replaces them with a slickly produced masterclass. I was so beyond uninterested in Season 2 until this song came along. Now that I know it's going to be just as immense as season 1, I'm perched.
    4) Gugudan- A Girl Like Me- This song has gagged me all month. Who would have thought that the mermaid mess they released last year (which i still stan for) would have preceded this narcissistic bawp? The upgrade has been REAL.
    5) Brave Girls- Memory- The best album track of the month goes to Brave Girls. Their output since last January has been pretty damn amazing on all fronts (Yoohoo aside). They do the dance/RnB route better than any other group in that lane right now.
    6) Pristin- Wee Woo- This is a damn jam. The pieces of it don't fit together, and that should bother me, but with a prechorus like the one Rena gets and a chorus like that, I'm smitten. The video is also perfectly adorable and cute, without being too cloying. The "Superhero" bits aren't great, but that's a small complaint.
    7) Twice- Knock Knock- Look at the gals finally getting more than 1 or 2 points from me! This song is a true bop, and better than anything else they've done except for TT. The "I'm freaking freaking out" bits towards the end are a nice touch that I hadn't noticed before recently.
    8) Melody Day- Kiss on the Lips- This song still knocks quite hard? They did good.
    9) Red Velvet- Body Talk- AKA God-y Talk. This song is incredible and I haven't stopped loving it from the moment I heard it. Stan Red Velvet!
    10) Gfriend- Hear the Wind Sing- GFriend do Clean Bandit and I love it! It's not got as much replay value as Fingertip, but it's a total bop and the chroeo for the lives is really nice.

OOP I hit send before doing my albums!

1) Brave Girls- Rolling- I love every song on this album, even the High Heels remix! Stan Talent!
    2) Gfriend- The Awakening- The environmental song is a bit hokey, but the first 3 tracks are really awesome!
    3) Red Velvet- Rookie- Still bops, to this day.
    4) Pristin- Hi Pristin!
    5) Blackpink- Square Two- Because when all else fails, Playing with Fire still snatches me.

One of the new members of our little K-Popjustice family, @eccentricsimply, is here to reveal her ballot.

March Charts:

Songs:
    1. Fingertip - GFriend (10 points)
    2. Agust D - Agust D
    3. Black Widow - Pristin
    4. Give It To Me - Agust D
    5. The Last - Agust D
    6. Change - Rap Monster, Wale
    7. Beautiful - Monsta X
    8. Cypher Part 4 - BTS
    9. Wee Woo - Pristin
    10. Tony Montana - Agust D (1 point)

Albums:
    1. Odd - SHINee (5 points)
    2. 4 Walls - f(x)
    3. Agust D - Agust D
    4. She Is - Jonghyun
    5. 1 of 1 - SHINee (1 point)

Okay, so I surprised myself a lot with the amount of music I've actually listened to, and when it came down to it I decided to make the songs charts with songs released in 2016/2017 only and made a decision to avoid putting SHINee or f(x) in that one and I THINK IT WORKED FOR THE BEST.

As for albums, though, I couldn't help it.

17. Okay, no lie: the CD player in my car's eject function is broken. And the CD in it is "4 Walls." So that's all I can listen to when I drive to work. And they want $400 to replace the whole antiquated sound system CD/Radio. No bluetooth.... So to hell with it.... Papi, Yano! Off to work...

So, I came this ---> <--- close to adding "4 Walls", but I've really been jamming out to the "Electric Shock" EP on purpose more this month. "Let's Try" in particular has really helped me through some recent shit...

18. [​IMG]

TEA ZONE VOL. 2

Sorry GOT7 got snubbed this month, @LightningRider unnie. I actually really like their new single now. Kii. I still hate the rap sections. Kekeke.

I beat you to it this time sis! And this time I managed commentary. Kii.

Songs:
    1. WoW! - Lovely
    [That bubbly verse! That lush Destiny 2.0 chorus! That middle 8! THE PRODUCTION!
    [​IMG]
    I will not have people sleeping on the song of the year!]
    2. Rollin’ - Brave Girls
    [My life after this song has basically been seeing any stool and getting triggered. LOLLY LOLLY LOLLY.]
    3. Never Ever - GOT7
    [BTS who? Monsta X who? GOT7 put out something better than anything their contemporaries have put out recently—colour me shocked.]
    4. You and Me Together - LOONA 1/3
    5. Take It - MVP
    [My token nugu boy group of the month teebs.]
    6. Knock Knock - TWICE
    7. Fingertip - GFRIEND
    8. A Girl Like Me - gugudan
    9. I’ll Be Yours - Girl’s Day
    [Queens of taking over my iTunes play counts right before the deadline.]
    10. Movie - BTOB

Albums:
    1. R U Ready? - Lovelyz
    [One of the best albums of the year thus far. Save for two songs (the ballad and coffee shop dirge smack in the middle) this whole thing is practically perfect—a consistent set of synth-pop bops and quirky mid-tempos.]
    2. Flight Log: Arrival - GOT7
    3. Everyday #5 - Girl's Day
    [I mainly use Girl's Day for their singles, but this is a really strong collection that I've had on repeat since release (even the ballads).]
    4. Rollin' - Brave Girls
    [I only use three songs from this kii but that's still one song more than I usually do with K-pop albums, so...]
    4. The Awakening - GFRIEND

Kween of Commentaries and Write-Ups, my dear cyst @Squashua, is up next!

Hey unnie, of course I'm here and ready with all my ridiculously extra tidbits on the March fare of K-Popdom. I doesn't feel like its been a particularly massive month to be honest but then I did struggle to whittle down the singles to 10 by the end. Anyways here you go:

ALBUMS

5 Points: Park Ji Yoon - PARKJIYOON9
    Heavenly, powerful, fragile, expensive, lush, visceral, sensitive, magical, understated - there aren't enough adjectives to describe how gorgeous and necessary this album is for me right now. Thank the dear sweet body-rollin' unnie @ajmkv for introducing me to this because it's rare to find a full length that encapsulates a particular moment in you life so clearly. It's a very old-school production, meshing classical brass with more modern snares or orchestras or acoustic guitars, in a way that evokes a thousand different lives, a hundred conflicting emotions all at once. I'm caught in a lonely waltz in empty rooms pretending there's someone there during I'm In Love, you're sat watching the snow tumble down on a starry night across the greying city during Winter, the leaves of Autumn swell around the woodland paths I walk during Moonrise, a bar along the boulevard is playing Miracle as you reflect on lovers past... Gosh. Every song is a perfect moment and i'm lucky to have had this album this month.

4 Points: Monsta X - The Clan 2.5: The Final Chapter Beautiful The First Album (stop it plz)
    I get them and GOT7 confused all the time, I've not really checked for Monsta since loving the Trespass/Hero days. 2015 X just delivered, Shownu in the Hero video I mean woof. All In / Fighter on the other hand, and all this Clan malarkey, has really done zero for me. It's too try-hard and not the sound I liked by them. So entering the 2.5 full length with trepidation I was knocked for a loop by how good Ready or Not was. It's an all-out raid on the senses but I think they're a group that work better the more urban they go - we don't need another BTS lads you do you. I think they're just as talented as GOT & BTS but have been unfortunate to not be able to match their success. Need U is what I wanted VICTON to comeback with, Oi is wild and a bussy buster and Miss You is the subdued electro-mid tempo ballad I really need right now. I've edged this ahead of GOT7's EP because it manages to keep the quality up super high over 10 songs and I actually remember most of the melodies. Fingers crossed they can push to a higher tier sometime soon.

3 Points: GOT7 - Flight Log: Arrival
    Confession: i've not bothered with any GOT7 release since If You Do because Hard Carry was utter trash and the whole Flight Log series reeks of trying to emulate the Most Beautiful BTS triology a bit too much. However because actual album/EP releases were scarce this month I subjected myself to this thinking it was going JYP noise I could throw a point to but actually there's back-to-back bangers here. Never Ever has grown on me a lot, although the video has exposed the redundancy of whatever storyline they were going for in the long term. There is a tendency to just pick random English words and make them fit - "I just wanna Q" baffles me, are they actually going on about a particularly lit queue? The lyric "Feels like Shopping Mall" on track 2 also has no bearing on anything, you're either in a shopping mall or you're not boo - and this would be inexcusable if the 90's high-gloss grooves weren't in place and the vocals weren't great throughout. Paradise is great trop-pop, Sign & Don't Care both represent that minimalist r'n'b I have a soft spot for (NCT U did it better mind) and OUT is a better bop than Hard Carry ever was. Well done lads, buy Jackson a cough sweet too whilst you're in the queue plz.

2 Points: GFriend - The Awakening
    I mean the 2 points could be for Hear the Wind Sing and Fingertip alone - GFriend continue to decimate us and leave whole nations in a weave shortage. I don't think anything else here matches that opening 1-2 punch, and the English titles are weirdly environmental socially conscious freedom fighter (well just "Please Save My Earth" with its grandiose disco orchestra intro), but i'm excited to see where they're heading after the Schoolgirl trilogy is far behind them.

1 Point: B.A.P - Rose
    The heavy metal revolution is upon us and whodafunk that B.A.P would be a part of that? I forgot they even came back this month in all honesty and I'm pleasantly, or should that be headbangingly?, surprised at their direction after Noir was just ok. Dystopia is giving me Linkin Park early years vibes, Wake Me Up could have been a FT Island track and Diamond 4 Ya doesn't really go with the other two but it's a jam anyway. I feel like just a single point is kinda doing them a disservice but it is great.

SINGLES

10 Points: Ashmute - Scenery
    I don't know who this band is, who this mystical siren of grainy film wandering the city might be but all I know is that i'm entangled in a spell of bossa nova acoustic-ry that just won't end. The english translation is absolutely heart-breaking in a modernist self-contemplating way but I have no doubt you got that already from the "How can I be in your arms? / I'll be here waiting for you?" double down in the chorus. Rollin' is the big banger of the month definitely but I want to show some love to the underrated indie girls who keep pulling it out witchcraft from nowhere.

9 Points: DAY6 - How Can I Say
    I Wait is still my favourite from their 6th day releases so far but each and every one has been a masterpiece. Wonpil's voice is one of my faves in Korea at the moment, it's just so unique, and the song is disarmingly charming & melodious for a song about viciously breaking things off with someone (the "I don't love you no moooooore" breakdown is lethal). KOREA STOP SLEEPING ON THEM FFS.

8 Points: Brave Girls - Rollin'
    There's no point even fighting how much of a knockout jam this is. People keep trying to play down High Heels' Sassy girl impacT or how Deepened revolutionised gymwear but there is finally NO denying that new gen BG is here to body-roll away with all of our hearts. The video's underlying cheapness and whatever that 19+ rating was all about can't mask the joint most iconic choreo this year alongside KARD's Gorilla bounce. I admit there's little I can do but give in and completely emulate their ways during the chorus - it's infectious and my glutes ache like i've been in the weights room for 9 consecutive days. If they're stuck for coin then they should totally market a fitness DVD entitled "Brave Squats" where you warm up with a lil' High Heels bouncing before taking on the whole stool-ography of Rollin' cooling down with some Deepened slowies. Sign me up for a membership ladies.

7 Points: GFriend - Hear the Wind Sing
    I usually never vote for album tracks in the singles section but imma make an exception for this absolute MONSOON of a house track. What's better than a straight up GFriend banger? A GFriend banger with epic fiddle-playing like we're getting turnt up on a Norwegian fjord steam-boat pleasure cruise. Hey diddle diddle the cow and the F**K WHERE DID MY SCALP GO? You know what - I prefer this to Fingertip. It's more instant, it's a complete 270 from all the other GFriend titles and bubbles along like a long lost Clean Bandit 10 week #1 all over the world. I wish the choreo was a little fiercer but they sell it like no one's business.

6 Points: Moon Hyuna - Cricket Song
    Come through Nine Muses alumni with your electronic bug's life disco heaven. The video is gorgeous, she is divine as always, I get really strong Solange/Blood Orange vibes and even the 'crik-crik-crik' chorus becomes hypnotic rather than the onomatopoeic annoyance it could have been after a second listen. This knocks plain and simple.

5 Points: Gu9udan - A Girl Like Me
    Still killing me in all its messy fabulousness. Still doing the make-up and chin "WUT" dance moves. Still getting thrown out of office buildings for photocopying my face. Still hollering "OOH BAY-BAH" at random people in the street. Still trying to source some cocks to fly into view at the right moment during the breakdown. Still better than anything PRISTIN has done. Still sl*yin - deal with it.
    [​IMG]

4 Points: GFriend - Fingertip
    Yep i'm doubling up on GFriend votes this month because they're just that good. Fingertip has taken a while to click in part because everything surrounding the chorus is so phenomenal that the "tangtangtang FINGA-TEP" doesn't take it up another notch and instead plateaus out. But its just so hard to ignore all the amazing moments - the choreo breakdown where SinB shakes my soul, the "1-2-3 / 3-2-1" pre-chorus, all the Dal*Shabet "OW!"s that start world peace, the military outfits, the slightly bonkers multiple timelines 80's sci-fi thriller music video... Keep all that good stuff coming ladies.

3 Points: Produce 101 - Pick Me (Boys Ver,)
    This is already shaping up to be a bigger mess than Series 1 was but you can't deny the fact that the new Pick Me makes up for the loss of ridiculously flappy choreography and 11 year old schoolgirl styling with sheer 80's electro boppery. The center in the video looks like Amber though and i'm wondering if she's escaped SM through an ingenious pact with BoA - clever fella/lass.

2 Points: OOHYO - Pizza
    I love my indie gerls and this full English low-key r'n'b groover reminds me of Malaysian singer Yuna in its whispery musings on everyday life. The little piano line in the background towards the climax is a nice touch too. Although I relate to the introversion of the lyrics I doubt anything or the absence of anyone could make pizza taste bad to be honest.

1 Point: NCT Dream - Trigger the Fever
    An under-the-radar release for South Korea's footballing efforts strangely falls to the NCT Preschool faction and yet, it's actually pretty anthemic and they sound much older than their previous releases have placed them. I doubt anyone will be singing this in the stands in frigid Moscow when Korea makes it to the World Cup next year (that's if Russia even lets in anyone at the rate things are going) but hey I can dig it.

Wannabe Human Encyclopedia, @Ceir, it's your time to shine, unnie!

Singles

1. Day6 - How Can I Say?
    Fun fact: A majority of the music I actually listen to is rock in some form, whether alternative rock from US groups to J-rock. So, this single honestly fits right at home with my music library. It also doesn't hurt that Wonpil wailing "I can't love you no more" in that middle 8 destroys my soul every-single-time.

2. CNBLUE - Between Us
    I honestly love all of their Japanese releases, because they actually go hard. Most of their Korean singles are very watered down and trying to sound like something that could be played in a coffee shop. I'm glad they're adding something to their Korean releases..

3. K.A.R.D - Don't Recall
    Do I really need to explain?

4. Seven O'Clock - Echo
    Don't Recall's little brother. I like it and I'm ready to stan another flop boyband.

5. Girl's Day - Thirsty
    I'm just a sucker for rnb-styled, girl group mid-tempos. ("Come and Go" and "If I See Her" say hello)

6. GFriend - Fingertip
    Eunha can snipe me, anytime, anywhere.

7. Taeyeon - Cover Up
    Tropical bop 3.0.
    FIGHT ME.

8. Monsta X - All I Do
    Come through with this cute little dance pop bop! Why can't more of their releases be like this?!

9. Pristin - Wee Woo
    I originally thought the song was an inoffensive 5/10. The chorus was too weak for me. Then, the next day, I'm walking around work singing "Weewoo Weewooooooo!" in my head. Damnit.

10. Dean - Put My Hands On You
    I'm throwin it back 2 years, but the damn song has been stuck in my head.

Albums
    1. Taeyeon - My Voice
    Y'all can just get in line and fight me. Fire, Fine, Cover Up, Eraser are all tunes.

2. Girl's Day - Everyday #5
    Thirsty, Love Again, and Minah's solo are all you need.

3. CNBLUE - 7°CN
    T-U-N-E-S

4. GFriend - The Awakening

5. Park Jiyoon - PARKJIYOON9

This unnie has been rather silent this time around. What's good, @GeiPanda unnie?

10) GFriend - Hear The Wind Sing
    9) Brave Girls - Memory
    8) CLC - Meow Meow
    7) Red Velvet - Body Talk
    6) CLC - Hobgoblin
    5) Gugudan - A Girl Like Me
    4) Taeyeon - Cover Up
    3) GFriend - Fingertip
    2) Twice - Knock Knock
    1) Brave Girls - Rollin' (hair-snatching, boot-tossing queens)

No albums again.

Much love Slice of Sis xx

Kween of Getting 3 PMs From Me, @Deja-Boo, please take the stage now!

Songs
    1. DAY6 - How can i say
    2. Monsta x - Beautiful
    3. Gain - kiss or kill
    4. BAP - Wake me Up
    5. Uhm Jung Hwa - Let me cry
    6. Got7 - Never Ever
    7. Gfriend - Fingertip
    8. Brave Girls - Rollin
    9. Victon - eyez eyez
    10 Brave Girls - 서두르지 마

Albums
    1 Monsta x - Clan 2.5
    2 Got7 - Arrival
    3 Brave Girls - Rollin
    4 Victon - Ready
    5 BAP - Rose

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  19. [​IMG]

TEA ZONE VOL. 3

Kween of Explaining To Me What 'Ano' Means In Spanish, @McQueer, let's hear your voice!

'Ano' means anus in spanish so every time I see y'all write that sentence out like that I giggle to myself.

SONGS:
    Rollin' - Brave Girls
    Fingertip - Gfriend
    A Girl Like Me - gugudan
    Cover Up - Taeyeon
    WEE WOO - PRISTIN
    No Rush - Brave Girls
    B-Day - Lucy
    Hear the Wind Sing - Gfriend
    Don't Recall- KARD
    Wonderland - Jessica

ALBUMS:
    Rollin' - Brave Girls
    The Awakening - GFriend
    HI! PRISTIN - PRISTIN
    High Heels - Brave Girls
    Seo-hyun - Don't Say No

You kept your promise, @Gintoki! Saranghae~~~

As I promised!
    1. Taeyeon - Cover up - Summer smash released in February.
    2. Girls Day - Thirsty - This could be great 2ne1's comeback song....but sadly it's just b-side on Girls Day mini album.
    3. Gfriend - Fingertip
    4. Brave Girls - Lollin'
    5. Subin - Circle's dream - I need more from korean Feist/Regina Spektor
    6. Melody day - Kiss on the Lips
    7. Brave Girls - Memory
    8. Subin - Strawberry
    9. Taeyeon - Feel So fine
    10. Uhm Jung Hwa - Let me cry

Albums
    1. Taeyeon - My Voice
    2. Brave Girls - Lollin'
    3. Subin - Circle's dream
    4. Gfriend - THE AWAKENING`
    5. Girls day - GIRL`S DAY EVERYDAY #5

Ddddddd I remember this PM session, @Mikl C unnie. It was lit.

I don't always tell you but I'm honestly really thankful that you still participate every single time even if you're always so busy, @He unnie! Saranghae~~~

Unnie, this is all I can do right now. I'm really busy and sleep deprived and I'm packing for a trip, but first I have a deadline !!!

songs (no albums this month from me)

gugudan - A girl like me

I have overplayed this song to oblivion, but it’s such an amazing track to get my life while cycling everywhere.

The vocals are great and it’s so messy / catchy!

Thank you God Sejeong.

Pristin - WEE WOO

Yes, I’m basic.

Yebin / Rena is amazing

Brave Girls - Rollin

Bop bop bop

Don’t Recall - KARD

Shakira shakira!

Pristin - Black Widow

I can’t at this basic beat and I can’t at me bopping

Yebin / Rena is amazing

Red Velvet - Body Talk

Album track that refuses to die

Taeyeon - Why

Stellar - Vibrato
    A classic

EXID - Cream

Taeyeon - I

I loved your work in the Popjustice Charts for March, @SophiaSophia!

Songs

1. K.A.R.D - Don't Recall - Kii I'm a month late but this is lit lemme get my K.A.R.D stan card laminated.
    2. Gfriend - Fingertip
    3. Blackpink - Playing With Fire - I put off listening to these girls as I was a very pressed 2ne1 stan but I finally moved on and I'm impressed. YG better give these girls a comeback this year.
    4. Gugudan - A Girl Like Me
    5. Girl's Day - I'll Be Yours
    6. Pristin - Wee Woo - If I wanted to listen to Seventeen I would, Pledis give us KPop fans what we really want an After School Orange Caramel comeback.
    7. WJSN - I Wish
    8. AOA - Excuse Me
    9. Blackpink - Boombayah
    10. Produce 101 - It's Me (Pick Me) - Not as catchy as Pick Me but some of these boys have potential especially tiptoe oppa.

Albums

1. Girl's Day - Girl's Day Everyday #5 - Prefer Thirsty to the title track but there's some low-key bops on this mini but I'm not really here for Minah and Sojin's solo ballads.
    2. Pristin - Hi! Pristin - Title Track aside this mini is lit.
    3. gugudan - Act.2 Narcissus
    4. Red Velvet - Rookie - Lookie Lookie aside this month is all about Body Talk.
    5. AOA - Angel's Knock

20. He

He

The ano thing has left me in stitches.

I can't...