K-Popjustice Charts - March 2018 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K-Popjustice Charts - March 2018 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Mar 25, 2018.

1. 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EGOIST
    (feat. JinSoul)
    Olivia Hye
    from the Olivia Hye single album
    BlockBerryCreative

182 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 1
    Months on Chart: 1

VOTERS:
    10 - @vague, @PopZeitgeist, @Island, @mokimbird, @Aries, @He, @ryjm, @Squashua, @GeiPanda
    9 - @send photo, @ThighHighs, @Vixen, @Kuhleezi, @ThisIsRogue, @Remorque
    8 - @ohnostalgia
    6 - @junglefish, @Slice of Life, @BEST FICTION
    5 - @Sanctuary
    4 - @eliminathan
    2 - @eccentricsimply
    1 - @Cotton Park

And a solo LOOΠΔ girl finally notch the top spot. And the last girl at that! Talent.

Egoist is the solo single of the final member of LOOΠΔ, Olivia Hye (unless BBC pulls a Yeonjung and adds a 13th member kii). It also features the true jack of all trades of LOOΠΔ, the beautiful JinSoul.

Maybe it was the extremely high expectations but I seriously wasn't wowed by this at first. At all. I really thought y'all we're just exaggerating Egoist's supposed amazingness.

But I have seen the light. Oh yes I did. Egoist is quietly stunning. It's a powerful ending to a chapter that really enamoured us for a year now. There's an apocalyptic feel to the song that really heightens the drama. The chorus is batshit crazy and I stan so much. I get goosebumps when listening to this sometimes. LOOΠΔ has really fucked me up. I can't.

I had a problem with Olivia Hye's vocals at first. I felt like the good unnie didn't have the range to pull of this song. And yeah, on the hands of a more powerful vocalist (think Chuu or Yves), this would've sounded even grander. But Olivia Hye pulled this off and more. She sounds un-Go Won-like which is soothing. The production can be a little too OTT at times but it doesn't bother me that much now after several listens.

And is it just me or she really looks like an iljin version of Kween Penguin Sohye??? Olivia Hye... Sohye... are we sure they aren't twins? I'm shqqk.

I'll let y'all discuss, disect and decode the music video because this unnie doesn't have time for that. xoxo

Cotton Park: Olivia's great, not a disappointment, but when I watch the video I can't help but think: We haven't even begun to see what JinSoul has in store for us. What a powerful presence she brings to everything she does. She just has 'it'. I like the song, but I almost think there's too much in it, as if BBC is trying a little too hard to make an enormous mind-blowing wig-snatching splash with their (presumably) last member. (Did they say they were only going to be twelve. The theorists know more than me.) Anyway, the echoed whistling, neato voice samples, synth arpegios, skrillex pops and jerky brostep stab gives it a real kitchen sink feel, but it's compelling, like LOONA in general. But really, JinSoul's charisma gets this in as my #10, otherwise, I think it would be "Nega Dola" or one of the new GOT7 tracks. So much good stuff this month. (SOL: This is your most on-point review. I love it.)

eccentricsimply: It's not as good as Heart Attack or New, but it's not as drastic as One & Only so I'm satisfied.

eliminathan: This honestly would be my 2nd/3rd song but she already had the guaranteed win so I was just trying to get some points for my boy group flops. This is such a fantastic LoonA song, I can't decide if it's my favourite or not but it's either the second best or tied with Yves for the best LoonA song. Such a powerful bop. LOVE MYSELF TODAY

junglefish: Is it as good as Yves and Chu's songs? maybenot.gif but it ties everything together in a great package and compared to the mess that was One And Only, it's already a lot.

BEST FICTION: This is a grower.

ThighHighs: Ok this is pretty great. I'm probably one of the few who doesn't live for that instrumental breakdown that leads into JinSoul's verse. It's too long! But the chorus is amazing and the video gives me all the production value I need!

Kuhleezi: You gotta appreciate JinSoul's commitment to recording her verse from inside her fish's own bowl. I love how "dark but still LOONA" this sounds. I fear that chorus has made me break my neck at least four times already.

Island: We love the birth of a legend.

Aries: The final piece of the puzzle proves to be a towering triumph and a paean to self love.

He: BBC bookends the LOONAVERSE with an amazing song and video. Egoist has a mellow sexy vibe, and a brooding dark video to match. Olivia has a nice lower tone, and carries the song quite well, thank you Shaman Unnie! Girl really embodies the scorned she-wolf, savager of Vivi, and lover of all things pyromania. Also, who didn’t gay-gasp when Heejin showed up? The song overall is a triumph, and THAT CHORUS! Queen JinSoul brings a moody rap, it’s almost as if she is singing from her fish tank. The good sis also adds complications to the messy loonaverse storyline: why is she eating cherries? Are cherries actually her thing since she gave them to Choerry? Why cherries from a pear can? Who took whose earphones first? Is JinSoul also recruiting Olivia for OEC? (SOL: sana_maths.gif)

ryjm: Yas Olivia Slae! LOOΠΔ really wanted to finish on an absolute banger. The vicious wolf came to destroy (without hesitation) all your biases and delivered possibly the most visceral and dark LOONA bop to date. The production goes hard with the demented OEC-esque breakdown, FinSoul's slick rap, and enough hairography to secure Olivia a L'Oréal sponsorship. An incredible way to complete a group ready to dominate the world. The self-love anthem the world needs right now.

Squashua: Every month Blockberry leaves us gagging for content only to serve up weeks upon weeks of average photoshoot images in random studio box sets and deserted flats around Korea the girls are probably squatting in currently and every month we fall into this downward dejected spiral of "Oh she doesn't even change her expression - she's definitely no vocal" or "Oh she's wearing white? Must be a dull ballad or she's probably a Mormon or something" or "Olivia is a character from a Shakespeare play so must be an English speaker and her animal is probably a badger because they have them in the English countryside" e.t.c.

And every. single. month, we get knocked for a loop by another quality video dripping in luxe visuals, easter eggs, convoluted theories, performance, talent and just straight up boppery. Egoist is that rare K-Pop beast of actually getting even better with more plays because it still finds ways to surprise you, offers you little production touches you didn't even notice the first 20 plays and, and kind of a first for a LOONA track, is UNRELENTING in its vice grip on your senses. Olivia ain't no Chuu vocally but that deep hush-hush opening verse is divine and the ramp up into EDM industrial hijinks for the first post-chorus swerving directly into JinSoul's circle of RapGawdesk hell as foretold by Dante is aMOMENT™ even in a pre-debut discography that is jam-packed with them. I'm not even going to spend much time discussing the video because y'all have seen us going over every little detail every day since it was released and i'm still watching it right now. I may have watched every reaction too and that 30 minute theory video that went off the deep end for the last quarter. Lemme just surmise all of this with a simple statement:

[​IMG]
    (SOL: YATHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GO OFF, UNNIE!!!)

2. And on that note, we truly did love ourselves today.

3. WHERE IS MY COMMENTARY.
    I swear if you don't give me all my points...

4. This should have been first and second respectively. You hateful beasts.
    [​IMG]
    This should have been first a whole month ago!
    but I mean YAAS at them being here for two months.
    [​IMG]

vague, BEST FICTION and Slice of Life like this.
  5. But, are y'all gonna ignore Pentagon, UNB, and The Boyz next month?

Slice of Life and eliminathan like this.
  6. Dragging aside, this is an iconic top 4 even if it only happened because no big artists released music in March. South Korea is literally quaking at flop CLC being second for two whole months and even more flop LOONA being first.

A mess at me overestimating Honey Popcorn's IMPACT when they didn't even end up appearing.
    [​IMG]

I had to spread the good word about zaddy.
    [​IMG]

vague, Kuhleezi, BEST FICTION and 7 others like this.
  7. @Alouder98 you’ll always have Remember Me squeezing onto my charts.

vague, Kuhleezi, Island and 2 others like this.
  8. The true talent-supporting charts.

vague, Kuhleezi, Island and 2 others like this.
  9. ok but when will the points be announced

i played to attempt to win this month

10. [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

Welcome to the...

MIX PRODUCE UNI+
    THE FINAL EPISODE

After 6 long months of blood, sweat, and tears, we have come to the end of the MUP journey.

Who will be the lucky 9 trainees who will get the chance to debut under Park Bom Entertainment for Wayward Idol Wannabes?

Who will go back to flopdom and not debut... maybe ever?

Let's find out.

The missions this edition were:

1. Voting in the KPJC.
    2. Including commentary with your votes.
    3. Being active in the thread (comments, likes, general messery, etc).
    4. Top Answer Game
    5. Writing a K-Pop Profile
    6. Making a traditional haiku detailing your Mix Produce Uni+ experience

ⓂⓅⓊ

MISSION #1:

VOTING IN THE K-POPJUSTICE CHARTS.

POINTS ALLOCATION:
    200 - VOTED
    0 - DID NOT VOTE

VOTERS:
    @Alouder98
    @Aries
    @BEST FICTION
    @Ceir
    @Cotton Park
    @Deja-Boo
    @digitalkaiser
    @eccentricsimply
    @eliminathan
    @evilsin
    @GeiPanda
    @He
    @Island
    @junglefish
    @karmarisma
    @Kuhleezi
    @Lego
    @mokimbird
    @ohnostalgia
    @PopZeitgeist
    @Remorque
    @ryjm
    @Sanctuary
    @send photo
    @Serg.
    @SophiaSophia
    @Squashua
    @ThighHighs
    @ThisIsRogue

ⓂⓅⓊ

MISSION #2:

INCLUDING COMMENTARY WITH YOUR VOTES.

Out of 31 voters, only 19 sent in commentary.

POINTS ALLOCATION:
    100 - WITH COMMENTARY
    10 - NO COMMENTARY

Congratulations to the following people for getting 100 points:

@Alouder98
    @Aries
    @BEST FICTION
    @Ceir
    @Cotton Park
    @eccentricsimply
    @eliminathan
    @He
    @Island
    @junglefish
    @karmarisma
    @Kuhleezi
    @mokimbird
    @ryjm
    @send photo
    @Serg.
    @SophiaSophia
    @Squashua
    @ThighHighs

ⓂⓅⓊ

MISSION #3:

BEING ACTIVE IN THE THREAD (COMMENTS, LIKES, GENERAL MESSERY, ETC).

POINTS COMPUTATION:
    No. of posts in the thread* x 20

*posts from the March 25 to April 16 (KST)

Yes, unnies. I tried being strict on this mission because it's the finale. We need some drama. Don't worry if you didn't post in the thread at all though. You will still get 10 points. #GenerousKween

TRAINEE | NUMBER OF POSTS | POINTS EARNED
    @eliminathan - 17 - 340
    @send photo - 12 - 240
    @BEST FICTION - 11 - 220
    @Island - 11 - 220
    @Vixen - 11 - 220
    @Sanctuary - 8 - 160
    @Ceir - 6 - 120
    @Cotton Park - 6 - 120
    @He - 6 - 120
    @Alouder98 - 5 - 100
    @junglefish - 5 - 100
    @Kuhleezi - 5 - 100
    @ohnostalgia - 5 - 100
    @Squashua - 5 - 100
    @ThighHighs - 4 - 80
    @ThisIsRogue - 3 - 60
    @Aries - 2 - 40
    @evilsin - 2 - 40
    @Lego - 2 - 40
    @Serg. - 2 - 40
    @eccentricsimply - 1 - 20
    @Deja-Boo - 0 - 10
    @digitalkaiser - 0 - 10
    @GeiPanda - 0 - 10
    @karmarisma - 0 - 10
    @mokimbird - 0 - 10
    @PopZeitgeist - 0 - 10
    @Remorque - 0 - 10
    @ryjm - 0 - 10
    @SophiaSophia - 0 - 10
    @vague - 0 - 10

12. Werk.

[​IMG]

13. CURRENT TALLY OF VOTES AFTER THREE MISSIONS
    (EPISODE 5 ONLY)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The results of the three remaining missions will be revealed later. Kekeke.

Let's eliminate some trainees, shall we?

14. My constant complaining in the thread finally paying off.

15. Poor @vague unnie being on the bottom when he blessed us all with the likes these past few days. Talent doesn't always win, I guess.

Okay now give me those 20 points for this post @Slice of Life.

ohnostalgia, Ceir, Island and 8 others like this.
  16. I'm doin' nothin', 'cos then at least I'm doin' nothin' wrong.

ohnostalgia, ryjm, Aries and 6 others like this.
  17. This is homophobic.

RUNAWAY, ohnostalgia, ryjm and 5 others like this.