K-Popjustice Charts - March 2018 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K-Popjustice Charts - March 2018 Edition - COMPLETE RESULTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Slice of Life, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Speak for yourself please! I've waited months for my well deserved position as
    I planted that seed and I will see the harvest.

2. Sis remember the two member group YG asked you to manage that never got to debut?

3. I remember passing responsibility onto Slicé. Now he's got two flop groups under his belt!

vague, digitalkaiser, Island and 6 others like this.
  4. Star Empire who.

vague, eliminathan, Kuhleezi and 4 others like this.
  5. ✧✧✧MAIN CHART✧✧✧
    SONGS

[​IMG]

ONE & ONLY
    Go Won
    from the Go Won single album
    BlockBerryCreative

26 points

Last Month's Position: N/A
    Peak Position: 6
    Months on Chart: 2

VOTERS:
    9 - @Aries
    8 - @mokimbird, @digitalkaiser
    1 - @GeiPanda

After abruptly vanishing from the chart last edition, Go Won's solo single, One & Only, is back with a vengeance.

I'm still undecided about this track to be honest. Yes, I bop. Yes, I think the production is sensational. Yes, I don't mind Go Won unnie's questionable vocals.

But her rapping................. oop.

I'm still very excited for her role in the upcoming "Eden" sub-unit though. Prove us wrong, unnie!

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

JUST DO IT
    Seventeen BSS (BooSeokSoon)
    from the Just Do It single album
    Pledis Entertainment

26 points

Peak Position: 19
    Months on Chart: 1

VOTERS:
    10 - @ThighHighs
    9 - @Slice of Life
    5 - @BEST FICTION
    2 - @Vixen

KINGS! @ThighHighs unnie, we did it!

Seventeen's latest sub-unit, the adorably named BooSeokSoon, debut on our chart with Just Do It.

For the uninitiated, BooSeokSoon stands for Boo (last name of Seungkwan), Seok (from DK's real name, Seokmin) and Soon (from Hoshi's real name, Soonyoung.) Isn't that so soft? I love it.

BooSeokSoon (or BSS) stray from Seventeen's current obsession with EDM music and instead gift us with what can only be described as Positive Pop.

This is so fun!!! It motivates me so much. It's not the most original-sounding, unique or thought-provoking song but who cares? This bops nonetheless.

Seungkwan is the cutest diva. Hoshi is lowkey the sexiest Seventeen member (after Daddy Coups). And DK remains King of Thighs and Adorable Eye Smiles.

STAN TALENT. STAN BOOSEOKSOON.

BEST FICTION: I just really fucking love DK.

(SOL: Trigger alert for @junglefish unnie)

ThighHighs: What kind of charismatic carefree bop! The boys are serving face, choreo, and memes and I am obsessed. The nugu-roleplay in the choreo video is so fucking cute. STAN SEVENTEEN!

6. [​IMG]

WE LOVE CHARTING LEGENDS!

karmarisma, ryjm, vague and 6 others like this.
  7. I voted for that?

Dddddd I don't even remember anymore.

God the month of March was rough.

karmarisma, Kuhleezi, vague and 6 others like this.
  8. Sorry for revealing just two results last night, kittens. This unnie was so tired from work dddd. Let's continue...

[​IMG]

BBOOM BBOOM
    Momoland
    from the Great! mini album
    Dublekick Entertainment

32 points

Last Month's Position: 5
    Peak Position: 1
    Months on Chart: 3

VOTERS:
    8 - @ThighHighs
    6 - @vague
    5 - @Aries, @Deja-Boo
    4 - @Vixen
    3 - @Lego
    1 - @Alouder98

JooE and Friends continue their reign in the top 20 for the third straight month! Kweens!

This song just doesn't let up and I think it even sounds better than before? Iconique.

ThighHighs: It's been 3 months now and I still listen to this almost every day. Let me BREATHE, Taeha and co.

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

HEROINE
    Sunmi
    from the Heroine single album
    MakeUs Entertainment

34 points

Last Month's Position: 4
    Peak Position: 2
    Months on Chart: 3

VOTERS:
    9 - @BEST FICTION
    8 - @ThisIsRogue
    6 - @GeiPanda
    5 - @Remorque
    3 - @vague
    2 - @send photo
    1 - @Squashua

And Sunmi decimates Momoland for the second straight month! We love a successful, slow-burning revenge act!

Can we have an album or a mini album now, Sunmi unnie?

BEST FICTION: I will never stop voting for this bop. (SOL: We been knew.)

Squashua: It took 3 months but I finally get this now. The deep-voiced, slowly unfurling verses are easily the best part, it's less iconic than Gashina but it's potentially a better crafted song as a whole. (SOL: YATH. Welcome to Team Talent.)

9. [​IMG]

karmarisma, ryjm, Island and 10 others like this.
  10. [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

12. Oh wow, I wasted my 30,000th post dragging Momoland.

[​IMG]

13. I prefer when you call them Hoboland.

14. This flop fell asleep again.

Anyway.

[​IMG]

MIANHAE
    Heize
    from the Wish & Wind mini album
    CJ E&M

34 points

Peak Position: 16

VOTERS:
    9 - @Squashua, @junglefish
    5 - @He, @eccentricsimply
    4 - @Kuhleezi
    2 - @Island

Heize unnie is also on our song chart with the b-side (it got a music video though? Hmm) Mianhae (Sorry).

And yes, I get the Heize hype now. This is really good. I even don't hate the rap section kekeke. I love how happy and sad this sounds both at the same time. The production is pretty playful too. Can Heize produce for Lee Hi's next album? I need my baby girl to snatch this sound ddddd. Yes, I'm assuming Lee Hi will release another album. Yes, I'm delusional. Don't @ me.

And don't even start about that STUNNING music video. Yath, Digipedi! It's super creepy which means it's amazing to me. The robot Heize is going to give me nightmares for years to come but I don't care because she's iconic and I need to be her friend.

Island: Probably my fav from the EP.

He: I love saying Mianhae

eccentricsimply: The MV is creepy as fuck but it's another great example of how impressive Heize is, to be honest.

Squashua: The lead single that never was. Literally it has everything going for it - a catchy refrain backed by an ever-changing meld of early 00's smooth rock guitar, piano jazz and robotic glitches with Heize utilising both her sultry singing voice and hardballin' rap delivery that made her a Korean digital queen with one of this year's best, but also frickin' creepiest, K-Pop MVs. Serve me that cybernetic Black Mirror popstars-as-robots-in-society's-museum-exhibit moral analogy with an actual Heize android, spark showers and Resident Evil creepy lab facilities. Literally divine in every way and shaping up to be one of my faves of her already great discography. The mini album is dull AF though Dddd.

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

THE BLUE BIRD
    April
    from the The Blue mini album
    DSP Entertainment

35 points

Peak Position: 15

VOTERS:
    7 - @Squashua
    6 - @ohnostalgia, @Remorque
    5 - @send photo
    4 - @junglefish, @karmarisma
    3 - @mokimbird

When will April win over the hearts of KPJ? Poor innocent darlings.

The Blue Bird is the latest single of April taken from the album The Blue. It's another e.one production which means it's ethereal, pure, and dramatic. Is it the best April song out there? Absolutely not. But it's another welcome addition to April's solid singles run. I love how they are quietly establishing their sound. It makes me very excited for the future releases of April.

Also, remember when I told y'all I wanted to vote for 15 songs? This was one of those songs. Unfortunately, this was also one of the five songs that didn't make my ballot. Kii. I'm so sorry. Please don't drag me for being a fake April stan. I'd still let Naeun suffocate me with her perfection.

Beep should've been the single. Poor it.

send photo: I only support them to fund my faves tbh [this doesn't count as commentary keep your filthy points] (SOL: Oh honey sweetie, you just gave me an idea.)

karmarisma: APRIL always deliver such clean and somewhat complex music. Their instrumentals are heavenly because of all the layering and they've found such a style for themselves. Unfortunately, it seems like it doesn't fit everyone's taste but I think they're one of the best groups when it comes to consistency with their music. Need I say, the vocals are fabulous too. (SOL: Preach it, unnie.)

Squashua: I talked at one point last year of how explosive that one sound in the chorus of Apink's I Don't Know is (you know - the bit with the overhead handclap KABOOM?) and here we find the long-awaited sequel.
    [​IMG]
    Yes, with a fateful elbow 'whoosh' in the face, April return with a glittery, shiny, delicate quasi-disco bop which flutters along the lines of electro & classical but not in a clearly Clean Bandit apeing way (not that that's a bad thing). Whether or not the concept of success in Korea will forever allude them is beside the point - Japan come through and fund our fave flops! - but I just hope they made enough to pay rent on Unnie Jung Hwa's movie theatre. (SOL: Okay, now I feel bad that I don't stan The Blue Bird as hard as you, unnie.)

15. 14

[​IMG]

BABY DON'T STOP
    NCT U
    from the NCT 2018 Empathy album
    SM Entertainment

39 points

Last Month's Position: 8
    Peak Position: 8

VOTERS:
    10 - @Remorque
    9 - @eccentricsimply
    7 - @ryjm, @junglefish
    4 - @digitalkaiser
    2 - @SophiaSophia

I hope y'all are happy with that graphic kekeke.

The TT (Ten & Taeyong) twinks of NCT U snatch another top 20 finish for the second straight month.

And I must admit this has grown on me so much. Ten's improved vocals is a joy to witness (it's giving me Taemin turning into a proper vocalist teas). And Taeyong, even though his face still creeps me out, is also serving cute rap sections. He's also King of Whispers. Selena Gomez nugu???

The choregraphy is still top-notch and I love the live performances too.

SophiaSophia: Ten is NCT’s saviour. (SOL: NCT Dream do not need saving, thank you very much xoxo)

ryjm: Phwoar, Baby Don’t Stop! No, really, baby don’t stop. The best thing to come from whatever the hell NCT 2018 was. Taeyong does things to me and I am more than willing to challenge his stamina. To quote Hayley Kiyoko - so thirsty, i'm drowning in it (SOL: Willing to challenge his stamina asdfghjkl OPPA STAHP.)

eccentricsimply: I still haven't been able to stop listening to it, it's just that good.

junglefish: This song makes me feel moist (SOL: What doesn't make you feel moist though? Kidding, unnie. xoxo)

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

DREAMS COME TRUE
    Cosmic Girls / WJSN
    from the Dream Your Dream mini album
    Starship Entertainment

42 points

Last Month's Position: 7
    Peak Position: 7

VOTERS:
    9 - @He, @digitalkaiser
    7 - @Kuhleezi
    6 - @ThighHighs
    3 - @GeiPanda, @Remorque
    2 - @mokimbird, @Cotton Park
    1 - @Serg.

YATH AT Y'ALL FINALLY STANNING THIS MASTERPIECE PROPERLY. TASTE FOUND.

I think I love this as much as Secret now??? I know that sounds blasphemous because Secret is legendary and all that. But Dreams Come True has truly grown on me this past month. I always find myself singing "trust... trust in me... trust in you..." randomly out of nowhere. Cheng Xiao, Kween Main Vocalist, did that.

And WIG at the live performances. I hope y'all have seen the girls' performance under heavy rain. Iconic. Kweens of Determination! T-ara whew?

[​IMG]

ThighHighs: This still snatches my entire puss every time. My spirit leaves my body during the middle-8 and the choreo for that part is so iconic.

He: Phew, this song has grown on me tenfold. The girls really came back for their sound and image. The performances are just too gorgeous, so many formations and pretty lines. Also, queens: (SOL: The video is linked below, unnie. x)

16. 12

[​IMG]

GO
    NCT Dream
    from the NCT 2018 Empathy album
    SM Entertainment

42 points

Peak Position: 12

VOTERS:
    8 - @karmarisma
    6 - @PopZeitgeist, @Lego
    5 - @Serg.
    4 - @mokimbird, @Ceir
    3 - @ryjm, @Sanctuary
    2 - @ThisIsRogue
    1 - @SophiaSophia

Yes, I didn't vote for this. Yes, you may scalp me now.

NCT Dream... my children... has come back with their most mature single yet, Go. This also marks Jaemin's return to the group which makes me so, so happy. Please be healthy always, my child!

To say that I was shook to my core when I first heard this is an understatement. I was underwhelmed like most of y'all, sure, but I was also gagged over the unexpectedness of it all? Yath, alienate your stans a biT!

Over time, I have learned to enjoy this... so much that it almost made my ballot keke. Jaemin and Jeno's rap sections are life-changing. And it's cute to see Mark finally go hard on an NCT Dream song. (I feel like he usually gives his best raps to the other units.)

Is this my least favourite single of my NCT Dream babies? For sure. Do I still bop like the flop that I am? For sure. But I'm gonna need them to return to their chirpier image too. It's what made me a stan in the first place.

ryjm: Possibly the only actually good song from the "Dream" unit. I'm very much here for this good twinks gone bad concept. (SOL: Oh wow. Oh wow. And I thought you were my new oppa. You're cancelled!!!1!11!)

Ceir: WHY ARE THEY SO GROWN UP ALREADY?! CHEN-LE AND THOSE NATASHA POLY CHEEKBONES! JISUNG! JENO AND JAEMIN’S RAP I am FLOORED and 17 year old me would’ve been bopping. (SOL: DDDDD SAME THOUGHTS UNNIE. When did my baby Chenle develop a jawline? Where are his fluffy cheeks?)

karmarisma: I feel like the rest of you will do a better job of explaining why this is flawless but God, I love NCT Dream and everything they do. I don't think anyone was expecting our teenyboppers to come out with this 'rebellious' anthem - yes running in the dark, and riding scooters is very rebellious. But I'm appreciating this glow-up a lot and my one and only little bro Jaemin makes his returns with that firey rap. Bless him, and bless NCT Dream (but I do hope that they go back to the cute bops too)

ⓀⓅⒿⒸ

[​IMG]

PRIVACY
    Yeseo
    from the Privacy single album
    SM Entertainment (no, really)

47 points

Peak Position: 11

VOTERS:
    10 - @ohnostalgia
    9 - @Cotton Park
    8 - @Squashua, @Kuhleezi
    7 - @send photo
    5 - @Ceir

Nawt Yeseo snatching that SM Entertainment promo. Yes, Yeseo is back on our chart with her SM Station Season 2 single, Privacy. SELL-OUT KWEEN!

The production is really pretty... even though it kinda drowned out Yeseo unnie's voice a little more than what I'd like. Y'all know I'm not the biggest K-indie advocate but I can see myself using this as background music while I'm quietly dying from all the work in the office. Kii.

Ceir: My indie queen getting that Big 3 money. YES!

Kuhleezi: Snatch those SM Station coins to be honest! I'm already imagining a Yeseo penned Red Velvet album track and I'm in unnie heaven. (SOL: You know what? This sound could actually work for a low-key Velvet single from Red Velvet. I'm ready.)

Squashua: Even before the power of hindsight, I wasn't sure why people were so apprehensive about YESEO collab-ing with SM when y'all know SM has some of the best production in the business currently and YESEO pretty much cranks out A+ indie-fare all by herself. I hope everyone's doubts flew away rapidly once this dropped because it's a gorgeous, shimmering slice of low-key funk that is pretty much the perfect soundtrack for Spring. Can we have another EP soon Queen of Indiedom & Filling Holes?

Cotton Park: I listen to so much YESEO that I don't even notice when she's singing in English or Korean or Bulgarian or Urdu. This song has such a clean, crisp Clazziquai Project vibe, but Horan never sang with such a sleek, languid voice, as much as I love her. More, please.

17. The hilarious part about Yeseo is that she still wrote and produced the whole track herself.

I don't even know why the collab with SM Station happened!

Island, karmarisma, vague and 3 others like this.
  18. dddd not me sleeping on 'Privacy'

Island, karmarisma, vague and 3 others like this.
  19. Haven't you learned to look at my posts?!

Island, karmarisma, vague and 4 others like this.
  20. [​IMG]

It's been a while, unnies. Let's start the proceedings with three of y'all losing your 10. Kekeke.

[​IMG]

ROOF ON FIRE
    Victoria Song
    from the Roof On Fire single album
    Song Qian Studio

47 points

Peak Position: 10

VOTERS:
    10 - @Cotton Park, @Ceir, @Kuhleezi
    9 - @Serg.
    6 - @Vixen
    2 - @Alouder98

After a year (???) of teasing, Victoria Song of f(x) [citation needed] finally debuted as a solo artist with Roof On Fire. And it went straight to the top 10 of KPJC. Congrats, unnie/jie jie!

For Victoria's level of vocal talent, this is extremely great. I mean, we all know Vic unnie is basically the Goo Hara of f(x) in terms of singing so hearing her not sound shit is actually amazing to me. I also feel like she's so much more confident singing in Chinese than in Korean so maybe that's why she sounds better here. I do think some of y'all are doing a bit too much when talking about this ddddd. I mean, it's cute but it's no Free Somebody. At least it's a million times better than Shake That Brass. Ha!

The music video is a whole another beast though. I love it. Kween Vicky is serving couture! Her chemistry with her weird-looking co-star is also cute.

Alouder98: This is for @Kuhleezi as well. (SOL: You two. Get a room please. x)

Kuhleezi: I would describe this song as "mystical". It's a perfect blend of shameless contemporary trends and an aura of times past, and this is flawlessly complimented by the video.

Ceir: Amber is shook that someone from f(x) is gonna have a lucrative music career, while she’s a barista with guest features. Rise, my nasal, talk-singing queen! That trap-esque sound, the Chinese instruments, the way the instrumental chorus doesn’t hinder the build-up of the song….glorious. (SOL: Meanwhile, Amber has a mixtape coming! Support Uber talent!)

Cotton Park: I had no expectations for Victoria's solo track, or even if it would ever make it out of the PRC's firewalls alive, and it did, and I love it. I had this thing on repeat for weeks and it reminded me how, while I love RV, DC, and EXID, I'm still MeU to the core and that the real mess of 2017, in my feaux-humble opinion, is that SM couldn't get it together to give us an f(x) album. But I know the next one, and there WILL be a next one, will be kryptonian. (SOL: A new f(x) album? I'm not holding my breath but I have not given up believing too, oppa!)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018