Kat Dahlia | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kat Dahlia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by vasilios, Mar 8, 2013.

1. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Good old Vevo and it's suggestions!
    This is brilliant. Moody urban pop rap with an island ting.

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;trtdEg34eII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trtdEg34eII[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
  2. She's released another song, called Fireman. Apparently it'll be on the album, which is due in September. It's very different to Gangsta, but pretty earwormish.

She's also done a Spanish version of Gangsta that's absolutely brilliant. The flow of it is actually stronger, to be honest.

3. There's already a thread around here somewhere.

4. I found the Spanish version on iTunes by accident and loved it. Thankfully I downloaded it before they removed it. The English version is very good too, but I think she has more grit in her voice in the Spanish version. The translation between both songs are good though. Sometimes when songs are translated they take on a different meaning because they need to stick to the melody, but that didn't happen here.

It's not out in the UK until the 7th of July. The two remixes in the bundle sound good too, and I'm not a big remix person.

Just listened to Fireman for the first time (citiog) and that sounds good too. I'm looking forward to her album (and hope she releases more Spanish versions too!)

5. I'm a Spanish speaker but I loveeee the English version so much more, and the Rihanna influence is the amazing!

6. Gangta is out now on iTunes UK.

7. BML

BML

This has been bugging me for months now but I haven't been bothered enough to look into it...'Gangsta' samples 50 Cent's 'Wanksta', yes? That piano riff and melody is really undeniable. It's what immediately caught my attention.

8. I like the new song. Produced by Salaam Remi.

9. Yep. It's about damn time.

10. She's still around?! I loved Gangsta (and still do - listening to it as we speak) and I'm sad it never seemed to take off for her. Glad to see she's still kicking though, I love her voice.

11. Wow, it is finally happening!

12. Clearly stanning for her over here. "Crazy" was the last single, major tune. I saw her in LA last month... great show/audience.

[video=youtube;1jKBk-8T3Yk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jKBk-8T3Yk[/video]

13. MY GARDEN WOW.
    What a song.

14. I heard her EP a long time ago, and 'Gangsta' is easily the best song on there. 'Money Party' is a fun song though. Her voice definitely stands out.

15. Oh! I had no idea there was a thread.

16. Her voice is great. I feel really bad for her though, Epic completely fucked up with breaking her into the mainstream. No charting single, no hype, no nothing. Her work with Timbaland, Missy Elliott, Stargate, Rico Love, Illangelo, Fraser T Smith & Naughty Boy didn't make the album, obviously Epic just completely gave up on her.

17. Proper excited, most of the songs sound amazing

18. She had health issues and canceled a lot of stuff, maybe those will come later?