Katy Perry - 4th Studio Album | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katy Perry - 4th Studio Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Fallen Angel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Guest

Katy Perry is rumored to release her fourth studio album this year, accordingly to her manager:
    "She plans to release her next album by 2016."
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6575749/katy-perry-next-album-2016

Last week she was spotted leaving a business meeting at Capital Records.

And today she posted this:

"When people won't stop siphoning your light...it's time to go[​IMG]electric[​IMG]"
    https://twitter.com/katyperry/status/691765548338782209
    Lyrics maybe?

If it's too early to start a thread, please lock it.

DoggySwami likes this.
  2. I'm hoping summer single, album early fall/late summer. So basically like Teenage Dream.

3. Another iconic chart battle is coming!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  4. I need her to lose relevancy. Is that mean? I think this is Gaga's year.

5. I'd love for her to go for a 90's sound, like Walking On Air.

Lander, etienne, Jersey and 8 others like this.
  6. Not anymore its not. Katy is gonna come at her like a Dark Horse and fuck up another one of her eras.

7. ARE YOU TELLING ME I MISSED OUT ON MAKING THIS THREAD AGAIN?!?!

FIX IT @mattyjayy @God.

ETA: I see now that there is no new information.

mattyjayy, imperialsteroid and Island like this.
  8. I'm perched for more lyrical greatness from Katy, though. UNCLE DE SEAN AAAL! UNCLE DE SEAAAN ALL III!

9. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Guest

If this is really coming this year, they will go for a "Roar/Prism" type of release: lead single by August and album in October/November.

And tbh, with this strategy she will avoid the whole pop diva chart battle that will probably happen during the first semester, as Rihanna, Beyonce, Gaga, Ariana and Meghan are mostly sure coming.

10. I hope she fucks up Gaga commercially and renders Gaga's long campaign of image rehabilitation pointless. It'd be hilarious.

11. I'm ready for a Katy vs. Gaga. vs Britney vs. Rihanna 2nd Single Chart Battle.

UncleDeSeanAli likes this.
  12. Why do you want to see the world burn?

sugarcoma, Raisin Hell and Island like this.
  13. Ok?

heavymetalGAGA and Rei Ayanami like this.
  14. Does Katy really need to worry about 'avoiding a chart battle' though? Really the only one above her on that list is Beyonce, and even then a Katy Perry single is gonna do better than a Beyonce one.

popzone likes this.
  15. Yeah Katy doesn't need to avoid anyone. Flex your muscles a bit, queen.

16. Teenage Dream and the new Panic! At The Disco album opened with the same numbers.

I know Katy lights the single charts ablaze like Jesus lights up the top of her Christmas tree and mantel, but let's not pretend as though she does Adele album figures.

17. I kind of just want her to serve an insanely good summer bop and then disintegrate into dust.

Mr.Arroz, RJF and UncleDeSeanAli like this.
  18. I meant 'singles' wise, I doubt any pop girls albums will cause any issues for the others, they're the type of artists that will do the numbers they will do regardless of others.

19. Maybe the Katy Perry brand is over? Surely she would have hard time doing what she always did. We have Taylor for that now.

Now as for this new project. I need something different, but instant. Maybe something darker. She let the light in, now it's time to shut the blinds.

20. Taylor will be on hiatus by the time this rolls around and more than one female pop star can exist at the same time.

ohnostalgia and popzone like this.