Katy Perry - Witness | Page 1514 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katy Perry - Witness

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Fallen Angel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Prismatic was shot really well actually so I hope we get similar cinematography.

I'm so glad "Wide Awake" was permanently added too. "Save As Draft" did not go over well as the chosen ballad.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Sean_ius likes this.
  2. I miss Nicki Minaj.

3. I should've put "Netflix-only release". Similar to what Taylor did with her 1989 film and Apple Music.

4. Who

Meathook likes this.
  5. Those writers peaked two decades ago.

6. We love a sleeper hit!

Untouchable Ace and Rem like this.
  7. Two platinum singles and a gold album's not too shabby for a ""flop"" era.

8. This 2017, Billboard Number One, Rick Nowels produced Studio Album, says Hi.
    D1F27C97-35A0-41B8-AF9A-9DEB1FC0A56F.jpeg

9. ...

So does this one:

[​IMG]

lushLuck likes this.
  10. RJF

RJF

Yeah but Lust For Life is good.

11. It is also certified ‘Wood’.

lushLuck likes this.
  12. This isn't the hill to die on in this of all eras.

13. Katy needs fellow Californian Rick because a fresh contemporary take on this soft rock production style (one of his OTHER sounds), is the A&R direction of Katy’s destiny and Rick is also the true master behind the sound Dr Luke was intentionally channeling through Katy’s first two most commercially successful albums.

14. Katy taking inspiration from Lana Del Rey, of all people, is hilarious. No. Never. Let it die.

Lando likes this.
  15. I'm not sure why it'd be hilarious for her to be inspired by a talented, successful, critically acclaimed singer-songwriter but work.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  16. Ask @Utopia

Utopia likes this.
  17. You have misunderstood. That is merely an example interchangeable with other recent Rick produced artists such as Kesha, Adele + Marina & The Diamonds (all of which differ in style from not only Lana but also each other).

My actual reference (Belinda Carlisle) was apparently too subtle, I only mentioned that Lana album to demonstrate the writer’s most recent creative & commercial peaks are not in fact two decades old (as someone else stated) & are in truth, from Summer 2017.

Lana is absolutely NOT the A&R direction Rick Nowels should steer Katy in, on her next Album (if she is sensible & chooses to work with him). Belinda Carlisle however, absolutely IS the A&R direction Rick Nowels should be allowed to steer Katy in on her next Album.

A Rick Nowels produced Katy Album would fit her signature Style like a glove.

18. Haven't heard it. I liked "Blue Jeans."

Joanie likes this.