Katy Perry - Witness | Page 1515 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katy Perry - Witness

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Fallen Angel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Katy taking inspiration from Lana Del Rey, of all people, is hilarious. No. Never. Let it die.

Lando likes this.
  2. I'm not sure why it'd be hilarious for her to be inspired by a talented, successful, critically acclaimed singer-songwriter but work.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  3. Ask @Utopia

Utopia likes this.
  4. You have misunderstood. That is merely an example interchangeable with other recent Rick produced artists such as Kesha, Adele + Marina & The Diamonds (all of which differ in style from not only Lana but also each other).

My actual reference (Belinda Carlisle) was apparently too subtle, I only mentioned that Lana album to demonstrate the writer’s most recent creative & commercial peaks are not in fact two decades old (as someone else stated) & are in truth, from Summer 2017.

Lana is absolutely NOT the A&R direction Rick Nowels should steer Katy in, on her next Album (if she is sensible & chooses to work with him). Belinda Carlisle however, absolutely IS the A&R direction Rick Nowels should be allowed to steer Katy in on her next Album.

A Rick Nowels produced Katy Album would fit her signature Style like a glove.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  5. Haven't heard it. I liked "Blue Jeans."

Joanie likes this.
  6. I can confirm

that was the biggest eye roll of my life.

7. Me bopping to the Lana-Katy fight etc etc.

[​IMG]

Lost Boy and lushLuck like this.
  8. And I thought this thread couldn’t get any worse

9. I HIGH-KEY wanna know who the other bodyguard was in the background tho. Looking on like he was looking at me like a slice of bread.

DVeciJaUQAASykL (1).jpg
    HI DADDY.

Strange revelation alert - I was bopping so hard to PRISM on my brand new headphones the other day. It is truly the selfempowerment, prismastactic album that keeps delivering.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  10. The album wasn't bad enough, huh?

11. An Original Joke

Kuhleezi, R92, sexercise and 10 others like this.
  12. [​IMG]

Jersey likes this.
  13. She should have kept "Long Shot."

14. [​IMG]

Island likes this.
  15. Did this thread really start a comparison of Katy with Lana? Yikes...

In other news, I'm currently bopping to Legendary Lovers at my desk.

Meathook likes this.
  16. A Katy Lana fight sounds about right for the mess that this era is.

lushLuck likes this.
  17. Listening to PRISM right now. I adore the message of this album.

Meathook likes this.
  18. Prism is such a solid album. I think the only song I never come back to is ‘Double Rainbow’ and even that is kind of solid in its dreamy airy production.

19. Katana Del Perry

I'm sorry.

soratami, lushLuck and Laurence like this.
  20. I still want her to attempt that Joni Mitchell album.