Katy Perry - Witness | Page 782 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katy Perry - Witness

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Fallen Angel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. "Chained" is still my favorite of the three.

2. Nicki's rap is so awful oh my God. When I think of how on songs like "I'm Out", she practically stole the song and made it a duet and not just a feature. Here she totally sounds like a phoned-in rent-a-rapper.

Leopold likes this.
  3. RJF

RJF

This has actually reminded me that Nicki is another one fucking around with no album. GET THEM OUT, GIRLS.

4. $9.03
    09/03
    September 3rd
    Charlie Sheen's birthday
    Charlie Sheen dated Lindsay Lohan
    Lindsay Lohan didn't call Paris a C***
    Paris is her friend
    Taylor is Katy's friend
    The cover is pre-emptive denial
    Art
    Pop
    Witness

[​IMG]

5. Pre-sale signup for the (not yet announced) UK dates is here.

beyoncésweave and LP like this.
  6. "Switch" is an absolute gem, I love the production and the 90s feel to it.
    3/3 for me, I'm ready for "Witness"!

7. I preordered the album.

I always feel like there's trouble brewing when I make a 180 on an artist I was previously indifferent to. Her sales... won't be great.

myblood, Jwentz, ohnostalgia and 12 others like this.
  8. This has become my official morning routine song. SWISH SWISH, BISH. RINSE THAT MOUTHWASH KILL THOSE BAD BREATH GERMS.

Vasilios likes this.
  9. Swish Swish is great albeit a bit too Drag Race contestant.

10. This is so basic, and I hate that I can already see myself bopping like the rent is due in the George in the near future.

lushLuck and jk-ennedy like this.
  11. So there's people saying this single isn't deep house... interesting.

Leopold likes this.
  12. Just wait for season 13 or so - we'll have "Swish Bish" flopping out after a bad Taylor Swift Snatch Game but nabbing Miss Congeniality anyway.

lushLuck likes this.
  13. I don’t know how I feel about Swish Swish yet. Katy is pushing it with that shellfish/sheep line, and her delivery (“I’m a courtside Killer QueeeEeEen”) doesn’t always convince me. I do like the sweltering whisper thing she’s doing this era. There’s shades of Lorde to the “Imma stick around for more than a minute” bit. I’m not a Nicki fan, but she left me bald.

I’m already ashamed of what I’m going to do during the “you will kiss the ring” part in the clerb.

14. The unashamed campiness of this and truly IDGAF opening lyrics make me appreciate the album cover a lot more. I don't hate it now. Truly an ARTPOP experience as I felt the same way after hearing that.

15. I love the tour poster!! [​IMG]

16. Ok I mentioned it already but isn't the second verse identical to S Club 7's Stronger's second verse. If this becomes huge* I could see an added name credit or two.

*kii

lushLuck, TRAVVV and Jacques like this.
  17. The limp "do they knoww!" ad-lib near the end is killing me.

-bops in Keira Weathers-

18. I truly love this new era, she's one of the few artists these days that have the guts to try something new.

19. RJF

RJF

It's just not sticking with me at all.

This album has been on a steady nosedive for me...

PopCrushed likes this.
  20. Dddddd OK.

myblood, evilsin, BML and 16 others like this.