Katy Perry - Witness | Page 783 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katy Perry - Witness

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Fallen Angel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. I rather not think of 'Swish' as a clapback to Taylor because in that regard it totally falls short. But as a bop that I'm gonna add to my "on the way to work" playlist, it's killing it.

'Bon' is still my favorite so far, which is funny because I hated it on first listen.

2. The production, singing/rapping in Bon Appétit is so much superior to Swish Swish. It's a shame Bon bombed so hard. Swish is a jam but you know an artist like Azealia Banks would have demolished it.

elektroxx, lushLuck and Charmander like this.
  3. Swish does sound very Azealia Banks now that you mention it.

4. Chained>>>Swish Swish>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bon Appetit. I like the pre-chorus on Bon Appetit, but the rest is terrible.

5. It's just so odd to release a straight up modern pop song as a lead only to follow it up with two dark, dingy dance tracks, with fairly dated production. I don't dislike them, but I just can't imagine how this album is going to sound at all.

Drawlight, 1991 and RJF like this.
  6. I've come to like all three tracks -- I was unimpressed by "Chained to the Rhythm," but it's about a 7/10 now -- but "Bon Appétit" so obviously has the best production. I'm assuming people don't like the lyrics and structure, right?

PEARL and Noir like this.
  7. Nicki Minaj is swiftly becoming the genital wart of current music. Is she mandatory on every other song released?

monsterboy likes this.
  8. When she delivers like she has been with a majority of her features this year - YES.

evilsin, myblood, relby and 17 others like this.
  9. That comparison is a choice.
    [​IMG]

10. I don't like the melody. It sounds really malformed to me.

11. Wowwowwowwow

lushLuck likes this.
  12. Nicki has lowkey been trash on most of her features this year.. Make Love and Swalla are the only two i've liked but yeah she's solid on this.

13. SWISH SWISH BISH

14. Insert *Everything that isn't her fourth album* joke here.

Jwentz and push the button like this.
  15. Literally the first minute of this I was very
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good bizarre bop. This era is wild.

16. Happy to report that "Swish Swish" has successfully passed the gym test. All the straight guys were bopping to it, especially during Nicki's part. One guy, who was doing bench presses, was tapping his foot to the beat and it was amusing to see.

evilsin, myblood, mskx4 and 17 others like this.
  17. Era saved. $850 packages sold out.

evilsin, myblood, BML and 39 others like this.
  18. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

Oh wow not liking this either. Didn't think she would go 0 for 3 to me.

Bruno Ferreira and collxtion like this.
  19. They've all emailed their local DJs.

I live for this 2010 Dev beat!

20. Tinashe likes Swish Swish. It's officially going to flop.

evilsin, myblood, Synthline and 20 others like this.