Kesha - Rainbow (3rd Album) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kesha - Rainbow (3rd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TeenIdle, Mar 9, 2014.

1. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

PEOPLE confirms she's officially dropped the $ from her stage name.

She says she's excited to share new music with her fans and her show featured her writing before heading out to rehab.

Ready for what she has to offer.

2. I know this word is a bit of a joke in a post Britney Jean world, but I think, artistically speaking, this album needs to be personal. She's been through a lot, and it'd be great if the music reflected that. Only if she's ready to open up of course.

3. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

I think so too, but worry how she can carry it out.

I don't think things like her Bob Dylan cover would resonate well, while having something upbeat yet emotional may miss the mark.

I think While You Were Sleeping is genius and the perfect sound for the kind of 'Serious Artiste yet Still Kesha' vibe.

[video=youtube;uwGtbI8TiA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwGtbI8TiA8[/video]

4. The Harold Song x 12

5. I don't know where she fits in the current pop landscape. She was there to give us party pop music. And now the party is over for Kesha...it'll be interesting to see if she can recapture some of that goodwill she had when Tik Tok came out.

6. Dr. Luke has been sacked, correct? If so, praise the Pop gods!

7. "Timber" certainly helped raise her profile again, and I am totally on board for a more "serious" album, just as long as she maintains her ear for pop. An album of Last Goodbyes, Harold Songs, C U Next Tuesdays would be grand.

8. He helped craft her signature sound, but I agree the time has come for her to move away from him. I'm not convinced she hasn't completely escaped the clutches of The Dumper...I hope she triumphs, and makes me a fan again.

9. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

I would have to disagree.

As someone mentioned in the Warrior thread, she's just gotten a #1 song and has a lot of positivity her way post-treatment. I think the public are beginning to see her as a smart and intelligent young woman more a victim of an industry and svengali-like managers / producers than some airhead. Her MTV doc series has helped with this too.

I think her next move could be smart. Just avoid too much Luke and keep the vocal manipulation to a minimum.

10. I honestly think Warrior's sound was ideal for her, and another album like that (with a killer - talking "We Found Love"-style - lead) would strike the perfect balance. The durrr drunc unikorn stuff was very very much kept to a minimum on it; I don't see how her next album will be much of a departure (and I hope it isn't). Maybe keep it to two or three producers for the whole thing, get some coherence to it - Kurstin has to has to has to get on board.

11. Unnecessarily early thread?

12. That was my first time hearing While You Were Sleeping and I really want an album of entirely that. It's a song about going out and getting over someone, but it's written with sympathy. Incredible.

13. I don't want her to ever drop the dollar sign, but I guess it wasn't meant to last forever.

14. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

I'm so worried this is basically going to end up like Prism. I know she can deliver something great and I don't want her to take the safe route.

15. LJB

LJB

Fuck that, I want Sleazy style #BANGERZ

16. Only Styrofoam lasts forever.

I'm quite hopeful with this project. She's got good taste, she's self-aware and she's a really good songwriter in her own right, so if she really is making her own way away from Dr Luke I think she could make a really great record. Warrior had some brilliant moments but was patchy. I would have liked to have heard more from the fabled Lip$ha project.

17. I don't see how taking the dollar sign out is going to make a difference, I agree a more personal album is what I'd love to hear!

18. I will miss the dollar sign.

Anyway, I will consider this as her 4th studio album.

19. Consuelanono

Consuelanono Guest

I'm excited by this! I've always loved Ke$ha (Kesha?), so it'll be interesting to see how she progresses. I'm hoping she comes back with something more poppy and doesn't head into a pop-rock sound. I'd like deeper lyrics, and since she's apparently dropped the dollar sign that kind of tells me that's exactly what she's planning to do. Although, I don't condone popstars changing their given stage name.

20. Good riddance to the dollar sign. Typing her name in a text is a chore.