Koda Kumi - W FACE | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Koda Kumi - W FACE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  2. Re: Koda Kumi (a starter's thread)

Links, Spam, And Street Team Cuntery?

3. Re: Koda Kumi (Introducing & recommendations)

I'm only creating this thread to help people get into her following the strong intrest in her last single.

Do you have a problem discussing Japanese POP artists or something?

4. Re: Koda Kumi (Introducing & recommendations)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xVgZ-ACHo8

A break from the PCD drama.

This video is so campy, but in a good way. COLORS STROBELIGHTS and SMILES!! GAY!!!
    = A gay man's dream

LOVES IT!!!

5. Re: Koda Kumi (Introducing & recommendations)

The setlist of the Dirty Ballroom special show was nice but they overdid the visual effects a bit on the dvd release!

Anyway, TRICK had some gems (other than TABOO) like Driving, This Is Not A Love Song or Show Girl. I wish she would stop making those crappy cute songs and generic ballads...

6. Re: Koda Kumi

Oh Kuu, what a crazy bitch...

I used to absolutely love her from her Secret era to around the time of Black Cherry (BEST ~second session~ was simply amazing and was definitely the musical peak of her career), but after that I started to care less and less. TABOO was a nice change, but she just doesn't really do anything for me anymore. Everything she does sounds like something she's done fifty times before and I'm sick of that. Kingdom was basically shit, and I don't exactly care to give Trick a try. Hopefully she'll come back again with something fresh and awesome, but I kind of doubt it.

7. Re: Koda Kumi

I love TRICK.

8. Re: Koda Kumi

O M G....Black Cherry is much much better! I adore that album.

9. Re: Koda Kumi

Real Emotion is, I think, my favourite J-pop song ever.

10. Re: Koda Kumi

Kumi has been in my life since 2005. I have every single, album and tour dvd since then.
    I love her, more so back in the day. She's become a bit too samey lately. Second Session is probably the best album, and Kingdom was a nice effort, but TRICK is full of meh songs.

Still, love her to bits.

11. Re: Koda Kumi

Her best albums are Secret and Kingdom and I likea good part of Trick and BEST~second sessions~. Black Cherry was a huge let down, bar a few (but amazing) songs.

I'm sick and tired of her "cute" songs and generic ballads.

12. Re: Koda Kumi

"Cute" songs? Which ones?

I really like TRICK. Have been listening to secret because its artwork is really cute.

13. Re: Koda Kumi

Her albums are really mediocre.
    The japanese music industry has a stupid system. Why realease all the singles before putting out an album? Kumi's albums sound like singles+fillers = album

on a brighter note, most of her singles are AMAZING!

I mainly buy her singles so it's all good.

14. Re: Koda Kumi

Cute songs as in Joyful, Wonderland and that kind of crap.

Kuu has great album tracks: Shake It, Get Up & Move, Under, Amai Wana, This Is Not A Love Song, Driving, Black Cherry... But, yes, she has way too much fillers!

15. Re: Koda Kumi

Yeah, Kumi's definitely a singles artist, but occassionally you find a hidden gem of an album track.

Her best material is the urban-style stuff, like Juicy and Under I think. But she does electro/dance very well (hello Taboo and BUT).

16. Re: Koda Kumi

My fav Kuu tracks

Love goes like・・・
    Get Up & Move!!
    月と太陽
    WON'T BE LONG (any version)
    JUICY
    I'll be there
    Twinkle (english)
    GO WAY!!
    Gentle Words
    Get It On
    Black Cherry
    Rain (unplugged version)
    キューティーハニー
    SHAKE IT
    LOVE HOLIC
    TABOO
    show girl
    Your Love
    Driving
    JUST THE WAY YOU ARE
    Venus

17. Re: Koda Kumi

So apparently she has a new Triple A-side coming out sometime soon called 3 Splash featuring the songs Lick Me, Ecstasy, and Hashire! (Run! in English). Ecstasy is sort of a sub-par Driving, but the other two are great upbeat summer songs that for some reason make me think of the 90s. NO BALLADS! I've been off Koda Kumi for some time now, only liking the occasional single (TABOO or BUT), but this single actually sounds rather good, if nothing groundbreaking.

Links:

Lick Me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mix6RqyGiJY

Hashire!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FHAKWbpAFM

Ecstasy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKME3417qo

18. Re: Koda Kumi

I'm not really feeling any of the songs but the Ecstasy video looks promising.

19. Re: Koda Kumi

I really don't like the new 3 Splash single, barring Ecstacy. The other two sound so cutesy combined with rock, which is not what I like from Kumi... Sadface!