Korean movies/ dramas | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Korean movies/ dramas

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Mikl C, Jun 22, 2012.

1. The Korean name is 연습생 (Trainee), you can watch it here!

It's not near as good as Perfect Blue sadly, but it's only like 25 mins so not a bad watch either.

Seger, junglefish and Slice of Life like this.
  2. Thank you!

3. I've just watched 'Strong Woman Do Bong-soo' on Netflix. It was cute. The criminal/thriller-light sub-plot made it far more interesting than I thought it would be initially.

Started watching 'Voice' now because I heard it was great.

Ceir and ohnostalgia like this.
  4. ddddd I swear I didn't even see this post befored posting mine. They are almost identical.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  5. I watched 'Oh My Ghostess' on Netflix, and I loved it so much.

Really need to get into more K-dramas. Any suggestions?

6. Healer is good.

The only other ones I have really sat down and watched were The K2 and Neighbourhood Hero. K2 was initially good but as it progressed it kind of dragged and didn't make any sense. I am yet to finish Neighbourhood Hero yet but I was impressed at the start however (of course) one of the characters was very annoying and shit at hiding the fact he was a double agent and the remaining cast were somehow oblivious.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  7. Reply 1997, Master's Sun, Descendants of the Sun, Jealousy Incarnate, Cunning Single Lady, City Hunter, Goblin....

Just to name a few.

Squashua likes this.
  8. My D.O movies session continued with me finally watching Along With the Gods and it's pretty impressive, the story and execution are ridiculously good. Can't wait for part 2!

Also Kyungsoo really, really only gets better in his acting. I was amazed with what he managed to do with such a small role.

junglefish and Slice of Life like this.
  9. @Slice of Life I just saw your commentary

You stan Dae Jang Geum too??? It's like one of my most favorite shows of all time.

Slice of Life likes this.
  10. Dddddddd I don't think I saw the whole show but I stanned Jang Geum so much. A true trailblazing unnie.

Alouder98 likes this.
  11. Dae Jang Geum is a classic Korean drama. I think that it was around that time when K-Dramas started expanding overseas.

Alouder98 and Slice of Life like this.
  12. Yeah it single-handedly made K-drama relevant here (in the Middle East). The rating it had in Iran was more than its rating in SK (I remember it was like 60%).

I still remember the stress that 7-8 years old me had during Jang Geum vs Mrs Choi cooking competition to see whose food the King likes more.

junglefish and Slice of Life like this.
  13. Is anyone watching Saimdang, Memoirs of Colours? I've only just started and damn, I already feel her pain.

14. I watched the first 3-4 episodes and it was good but I couldn't keep up with episodes for some reasons and the comments that I read for later episodes were saying it got boring after a few episodes so I stopped watching it.

Tell me if you thought it's still good after a few episodes. I might give it another try.

15. The only issue for me is that each episode is 1 hour long. It's the same with other dramas, I never stick to it for long. I still have the remaining 6 or 7 episodes of Fight for My Way to watch.

I felt it was a bit dramatic at the beginning with her dismissal but I guess it sets the tone for the remainder of the drama. The professor is a knob.