✪♚ KPJ's Fan/Cover Art Corner ♚✪ | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

✪♚ KPJ's Fan/Cover Art Corner ♚✪

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Squashua, Sep 7, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

Annyeong Unnies

[​IMG]

Considering we have quite the creative bunch among our little sub-forum, I figured it might be a nice addition to the other threads to have a space for us to post
    any self-made artwork/fan-art/whatever you fancy
    that i'm sure i'm not alone in conjuring up from time to time.

Feel free to post whatever you like for whichever bands or artists you like - be it album covers, single covers, promotion materials, videos... e.t.c. We're really not talking crazy advanced graphic designer quality only here - heck, I make mine using Powerpoint because I lack the funds (or ability) for Photoshop dddd.

Also, you're more than welcome to use this as a discussion board about these visual elements, which are a major factor in K-Pop across all generations.

Thanks guys ♡

[​IMG]

2. Have a couple of my recents if someone's gotta get the ball rollin' :
    (some of the smaller details are a bit eek but I do what I can with limited means)

Gugudan OguOgu - Ice Chu
    [​IMG]

Nine Muses - Muses Diary: Identity
    [​IMG]

The Odd Eye Circle Gals
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RUNAWAY, ajmkv, Aries and 7 others like this.
  3. Yessss love this. I don't think I've ever made cover art for K-Pop releases as they're already aesthetically pleasing most of the time, but I'm curious to see what others can come up with!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Slice of Life, Serg. and Squashua like this.
  4. I had to do an editorial project for a class and I decided to make ~special editions of a couple SM albums. It's nothing extraordinary, but the whole project got me a good grade, so.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RUNAWAY, ajmkv, Aries and 6 others like this.
  5. I'm 100% using the Nine Muses one on my iTunes. I've been looking for a good one for a while.
    As a graphics nerd, can I just say that the whole setup looks so simple and clean :') It makes me happy.

6. Here a couple of my favourites out of the ones I've made :)
    I also update regularly on my deviantart account, if interested.

EXO - The Power of Music
    [​IMG]

NCT127 - Cherry Bomb
    [​IMG]

APINK - Pink Up
    [​IMG]

Aries, Sanctuary, Alouder98 and 3 others like this.
  7. YATHHHHHHH I LOVE THIS THREAD ALREADY.

I will be requesting album covers from y'all one of these days. Kekeke.

Squashua likes this.
  8. I LOVE the 90's Arcade fighting game character select scene meets superhero collectible card game aesthetic of the EXO cover. It's really the direction the video should have aimed for to be honest. All three are gorgeous though.

These are a whole other level of stunning. The various fandoms of these groups would shell out serious coin to own a copy of their faves looking this good. @SMEntertainment - hire @eccentricsimply asap plz because I low-key want an Ice Cream Cake and/or Odd edition.

ajmkv and eccentricsimply like this.
  9. Is one of you designing the Loona album covers? Because...
    [​IMG]

RUNAWAY likes this.
  10. @eccentricsimply PLEASE DO SOMETHING FOR NCT DREAM UNNIE! They have shit album covers and I would appreciate good ones from you okay thank you.

eccentricsimply and Squashua like this.
  11. The only issue I had with these, and hence why I started making my own, is that 1) they don't really embrace each of their individual colours (especially the 1/3rds) and 2) the photobooks for each single have loads of GORGEOUS looks in them that are, in some cases, better than the ones chosen.

karmarisma and Sanctuary like this.
  12. Sis please I can try! But I work with editoral design mostly not album covers, so I can't promise anything.

Slice of Life likes this.
  13. Babe, anything will be okay. Just ANYTHING will be better than SM's shitty NCT Dream album covers.

14. Unnie, you called?
    Sorry, this isn't that great but I made this when I first learnt photoshop. [I'm planning to make one for We Young once I have some more time]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  15. YATHHHHHHHHHHH KWEEN POP

WAITING FOR WE YOUNG COVER ♡♡♡

karmarisma likes this.
  16. Wait at me snatching up the NCT, EXO and 9muses covers. @karmarisma @Squashua

Everything in here is so well-made too, yas talented sistren.

I mainly hate covers that are just logos or don't show the group, so I try to make quick covers that follow the album/era's aesthetic/promo materials:

GOT7:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VIXX:
    [​IMG]

Shinee:
    [​IMG]

WINNER:
    [​IMG]

EXO:
    [​IMG]

Aries, junglefish, Alouder98 and 2 others like this.
  17. Consider this snatched, cyst! Hyuk looks sooooo good here!

junglefish, Seger and Squashua like this.
  18. I gave it a crack for Kween Heejin. It's a shame they always pick the least aesthetic picture to use as the album covers).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Sanctuary Killing EHT with the GOT7 and EXO ones especially. It's time for me to switch my MAD Winter Edition Cover for yours! (100% agree with you on just having logos. You either go with an artsy SHINee 'Dream Girl' looking cover or put those beautiful Kpop visuals on the cover)

SHINee 1 and 1 was actually the very first one I ever made!
    [​IMG]

Aries, junglefish, Squashua and 2 others like this.
  19. The Vixx cover is gorgeous @Sanctuary, so much better than the dodgy version I made. I have the same mentality about band/artist-less covers so those are really the only instances (along with single covers & album track covers) that I ever step in to make something new.

My guy ones are definitely not up to the standards of the ones posted so far (& mostly of the nugus) but here goes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Aries, junglefish, Sanctuary and 2 others like this.
  20. I... had to deal with depression somehow today, and the best way I found was by opening photoshop and spending around five hours playing around and putting together a mockup design for BTS' new mini. I don't even know how I feel about it, but it was a good distraction, so.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seger, Aries, Sanctuary and 5 others like this.