Kylie Christmas: Snow Queen Edition (2016) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kylie Christmas: Snow Queen Edition (2016)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cowboystyle, Sep 20, 2015.

1. So we don't seem to have a thread for this and its pretty much been confirmed over and over and I'd imagine we'll be hearing alot about this over the next few weeks so I thought I'd open a thread to gather all the information we know on this. So far we know it involves :

A duet with James Corden which is being considered for the lead single
    A duet with Dannii of a brand new song
    New songs registered
    'Oh Santa'
    '100 Degrees'
    'Every Christmas Day'
    Written by Kylie, Steve Anderson, Ash Howes and Richard Stannard
    Some older songs registered as well which may or may not be related to the Christmas album.

I'm sure I've missed stuff out but feel free to add. Also, personally I'm really looking forward to this. Bring it on.

2. Does anyone know what the release date is?

3. I don't think there's actually been any official confirmation of this anywhere but would imagine it'll be coming VERY soon as Christmas albums usually get released around the end of November or very beginning of December.

4. Wasn't the "I Was Gonna Cancel" single release enough of a career nadir?

PoP, Ray, Smooth Criminal and 6 others like this.
  5. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Moderator

I'm hoping a silver lining of hardly the most interesting album concept ever is a primetime TV special.

6. Yes! I know she wasn't considered popular or current enough to have her own special with the last couple of album but I hoping with the Christmas theme she has more chance of a special just like Rod Stewart or Michael Buble have had inmprevious years.

7. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Moderator

Christmas is an easier sell than an original studio album. Songs people know (I'm assuming she'll have some covers on it) and Christmassy versions of popular Kylie songs.

8. Low key here for this even if I hate "seasonal music".

9. The Loco-Motion [Christmas Mix]
    Stuff Yourself While I Baste
    Santa Baby
    Get Outta My Sleigh
    On A Night Like This (I Wanna Sleigh Forever)
    Santa (I Believe In You)
    I Was Gonna Cancel (Christmas Dinner)
    Kiss Me Once [Mistletoe Edit]

10. Kiss Me Once already has a vaguely Christmas feel to it so that wouldn't be too off.

11. I'm so pumped for this. I know it will be so much fun, and it's the perfect move for her at this stage in her career.

12. Japan bonus track: Please Sleigh

VivaForever likes this.
  13. If she does a special Christmas show for ITV, it'll never happen but I hope she brings back 'Crystallize'.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  14. I heard she covered Last Christmas? It seems to be the requisite Christmas cover aside from All I Want for Christmas is You.

15. It's at least a lateral move from Wonderful Christmastime (which I don't personally mind that much, but Last Christmas is the better song).

16. I have the strongest inclination this is going to be one big cheesefest and will be written off as a 'fun gift for the fans'.

17. You will never outdo this, nor will anyone else.

P'NutButter and Andy French like this.
  18. "Last Christmas" is the better song?! Sacrilege!

19. I'm sure the album will be a lot of fun that rumoured James Cordon thing aside, eww, and could probably outsell Kiss Me Once and be on par at least the with sales and interest of The Abbey Road Sessions.

20. Not you forgetting iconic track Give Me Just A Little More Pie