Kylie - Golden (14th Album) | Page 348 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kylie - Golden (14th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Elvenpath, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Dancing's video made it click for me. Very pretty visuals.

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  2. Limpido is great. Kylie sounds strong vocally on it too.

RRS and jakeyfw like this.
  3. I wonder if the mastering that people are not keen on is because they primarily mastered the product with vinyl in mind. Kylie fans love a physical and Tracey Thorn recently talked about having to consider the needs of the vinyl format and its knock-on effect with the sound on other formats.

That said, Kiss Me Once had quite ropey, shrill mastering. It was particularly noticeable on the title track, unfortunately.

4. This is what I was expecting the Golden album cover to look like.

Anthology likes this.
  5. I think the shabby chic sofa shots are better. Less in your face and more singer-songwriter realness.

6. LEAVE LIMPIDO ALONE!

Pop Gaz, Kylielover, Ddarko77 and 2 others like this.
  7. RRS

RRS

I love limpido! Whats not to like? Really don’t get the hate for it.

Pop Gaz, Cowboystyle and jakeyfw like this.
  8. I played it, but I have no recollection of what it sounds like.

Anthology and Ferk like this.
  9. Thank god it isn’t.

10. I love El Dorado by Shakira.

11. Ray

Ray

Oh, we do.

On my Kylie faves playlist I made a mistake of putting "Crystallize" next to "Black Or White". One has no high tones, one only has high tones. And then I get to "Fine" and it sounds like a 64kbps mp3.

Dead Kylie in sewage?

bichard and Ferk like this.
  12. Are you all unicorns that poop glitter, because that doesn’t look like sewage from where I’m from?!

papatrick, Wishlight, Rhombus and 3 others like this.
  13. Does look a bit like she's fallen down a manhole in China Town.

14. It doesn't look like sewage but it doesn't look particularly opulent either (which I imagine was the intention) and she looks rather lifeless. The new denim-in-the-water shots literally are a million miles away from the golden glitter ones.

Ray and roblognick like this.
  15. Honey Limpido is from 2013...

16. And it's horrible.

Ray likes this.
  17. That is not the point

mcuk likes this.

18. We did.

19. I think I saw somewhere that there is going to be an Australian CD single of "Dancing"...?

20. Sadly, that still would have been infinitely better than the extremely blasé, uncropped Insta candid someone okay’d instead.