Kylie, in general. | Page 1489 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kylie, in general.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Wow is a harmless throwaway bop. I know people seethe that it turned out to be the bigger hit over In My Arms but they are both great to me.

Bless Greg Kurstin for giving it to us. I do remember it coming from a late session for the album in which it was Greg, Kylie, and Karen Poole off in Ibiza for a week.

2. Imagine if it had its own sub-forum!

Me to! I listened to the album version yesterday and it feels rather empty compared with that edit, which has those extra little flourishes.

Wow also gave us the three best b-sides in pop outside of the Pet Shop Boys. Carried Away in particular is a hidden gem!

Rob, Womanizer, bichard and 1 other person like this.
  3. Erm why is Flower 62 on UK iTunes?

4. W2K

W2K

It was used in a funeral scene for the character Finn in Emmerdale.

5. I think they're going for the "candid" look, and yes, I think it works, she looks so naturally beautiful (rather than the dead around the eyes captured by <cough> others! Love the top right one, giving me Olivia Newton John in her prime teas.

WhatKindOfKylie? and yoyobuffalo like this.
  6. Wasn’t Get Outta My Way used in a later scene? Queen of Fictional Farming!

AlmostFamous, bichard and Ray like this.
  7. I'm loving her aesthetic this era, she seems to be aiming for more realism. I wonder if that will be explored on the album?

blod likes this.
  8. Ray

Ray

I can't stand either. Although I can't stand "In My Arms" more.

bichard likes this.
  9. You make it so difficult for me to love you.

Ray likes this.
  10. Wow is glorious. In My Arms is...irksome.

Womanizer likes this.
  11. Wow is cute. I would get my life if it played in the clerb.

Mikey1701 and Womanizer like this.
  12. This performance makes the song:

[​IMG]
    Rachel Stevens who?

13. Backing dancer No 3 is triggering me... you have one job love.

14. These all looks good! I am looking forward to this calender.

15. I miss these one off performances on TV shows where so much effort went into a single performance. God, she just makes it look so effortless.

Island likes this.
  16. The only version of 'Wow' I liked at all was the version performed in 2009, the extra trumpets work a treat.

miznitch likes this.
  17. Chocolate for me will always be one of Kylie's ultimate best, and the kind of style I'd love to hear more of... Sensual urban/r'n'b lite POP.

Leave the bangers for Dannii!

18. Ray

Ray

[​IMG]

bichard and Mikey1701 like this.
  19. [​IMG]

Though

20. Wow is...okay. I mean, it's fun and I like it, but it's Gay!Bop!Disco!Kylie on autopilot and doesn't really add anything new to her catalogue.

Lapras, Terminus, Ray and 2 others like this.