Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born & New Album | Page 183 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born & New Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Apr 21, 2017.

1. RJF

RJF

...what does she have to rehearse if it's just tour footage? HmmT

2. “AMAs rehearsal”? Does that mean it’s not being broadcast from the tour like we speculated? Or is that just her way of mentioning the AMA appearance?

3. Rehearsal for a song she's performing every night the same, seriously ?

4. R92

R92

She’s gonna do an acoustic rendition of “The Cure.”

Subwaykid likes this.
  5. Y’all realize they have to do camera blocking and shit, right?

6. with her Til it happens to you voice

7. RJF

RJF

I hate y'all.

8. I’ve given up on new music for now. I know there was a lot of evidence in support of it, like the Interscope meeting, but I just don’t see it happening anymore, considering the likely launching point would have been the AMAs.

If she could drop the B sides as a Christmas gift though that’d be great

9. RJF

RJF

Eh, I'm not mad and in fact I'm rather pleased to see her pop up in November on a major awards show when the album was released last October and she's actually been shockingly visible since last September, which is rare for a popstar these days.

...I say visible, because I think it's actually a bit of a shame this rather amazing year hasn't really been in support of the rather amazing album she released that showed to respond brilliantly when she actually did support it. Like:

John Wayne (Super Bowl)
    The Cure (Coachella)
    Joanne (Five Foot Two)
    Dancin' In Circles (AMAs)

That's it. That's your singles run. There's already a video for "John Wayne", there was clearly some kind of visual, however slight, shot for "The Cure", her illness hampered stuff around the time of Five Foot Two so fair enough, and to be honest at this point over a year later I would have been fine with a new album track being performed on television and a low effort punt to radio.

Again, I say, she's had an amazing year and it's been great to watch, but it's just a shame that most of the success the album has had has mostly been down to it being in proximity of all that instead of at the front, because it probably could have done even better had it been properly along for the ride instead of pretty much just being dragged along by last-album-association from like, March. Us basically getting two singles off Joanne would be easier to swallow if she had vanished on tour in March and not done anything else... but she's been promoting all year, so it just makes me lament a few missed opportunities for one of her best works.

Mr.Arroz, RainOnFire, sesita and 15 others like this.
  10. There's literally no reason in the entire world to perform 'The Cure'

sidle54 likes this.
  11. I honestly didn’t get hyped this time because new music just did not make sense. A Star is Born means a whole new record within just over 6 months, and of course a single before then to promote.

12. RMK

RMK

Glad she isn't doing Million Reasons, because yes it would be messy to do the same song as last year.

The Cure deserves exposure, so if it's not a new song I'm happy it's that.

13. I don’t see how that would be messy.

14. RMK

RMK

She's already performed it at that award show. Same song + same style + same award show. Sure, she can stage it differently but it's still just a rendition of the year before.

15. At least serve us 'Dancin' In Circles'

16. I still don’t see how that’s messy especially when the Grammy committee is in the middle of voting for nominees. Giving “Million Reasons” one last big showing should only be seen as smart.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  17. R92

R92

If she’s not looking to push forward new singles, I’d kill for a big TV showing of the title track. She’s phenomenal at it live, and it represents the heart and soul of the album and her image over the past year or so. Maybe if we’re lucky, it’d be an excellent Grammys showing.

18. RJF

RJF

I actually think this will be where we'll get a performance of whatever the lead single is from A Star Is Born, and this album will be dead.

Andy French likes this.
  19. She can perform twice. I’m planting the seed.

20. R92

R92

Oh, I’m certain that I‎t wouldn’t happen, but I’m trying to wish for a world where “Joanne” becomes a signature, world-enveloping classic for her that goes on to follow her career to obliterate the idea of “‘Poker Face’ singer Lady Gaga” and change I‎t to “‘Joanne’ singer Lady Gaga”...

If only.