Lady Gaga - The Cure & A Star Is Born | Page 61 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga - The Cure & A Star Is Born

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Speaking of acts that I forgot about!

myblood, Lander, Mr.Arroz and 10 others like this.
  2. I forgot about that, didn't she change her Twitter icon to some strange picture of her wearing the ARTPOP dreads and the Dope teeth too?

Edit: Found it
    [​IMG]

3. This is the worst look she has ever done. It's not even cool in the Dope or YouTube awards level of fuckery, it's just dumb. When she ran out during Zedd's set during SXSW I wanted to die of embarrassment.

Chris Lala likes this.
  4. Can we take this to general discussion it's depressing me. More positive The Cure news, less ARTPOP please.

5. Yeah, it's veering a bit for 10 pages now. I like how this all stemmed from the whole M.I.A./Assange thing.

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  6. An absolute mess but there's something salvageable between those flannel, gym and newspaper scenes.

Lapras and Tracy Jacks like this.
  7. I'm suddenly liking "The Cure" again, and I have no idea why. It's just... simple. An unadorned, unfussy pop track. Which is nice for what it is.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    PEARL, AXW, Tracy Jacks and 2 others like this.
  8. She's going to film "a pop concert" at The Regent in LA for A Star is Born. Fans are supposed to dress "in their most chic clothes" - a big change from "bring your stetsons and boots" for the filming at Coachella a few weeks ago.

I wonder if the possible Bloodpop stuff is going to be for this movie. I also wonder if The Cure might have started out as something for ASIB. Interesting.

9. She should've just released an extended edit of the O2 ad for the "Do What U Want" video.

It's surprising that there's still no video for "The Cure." They should've had one prepared before Coachella, so it could've been released by Weekend 2.

myblood, Hyrulian, Lander and 12 others like this.
  10. RMK

RMK

I feel like Gaga wouldn't release something without a full body of work happening or thought out. I hope this does well so we can hear some more gems. It still shocks me that she's surprise released it when no one at all was expecting it.

11. I mean they probably could have had that footage not been shot to "Venus"

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  12. That makes so much sense now that I rewatch it. She's basically doing the "V" arms the entire time. The look just feels more like Venus than it DWYW.

13. RMK

RMK

I love how we're discussing the same era in two different threads. I guess this is what happens when we're left in the dark about this new possibly non-existent project.

14. Is this a linear Taylor Swift expedition in that Ally goes from country to dark synth-pop?

15. I'm thinking this is going to be the case.

16. I thought you all knew that that was shot to Venus but then switched up to DWUW? Traps told a few times.

I thought this was a Britney reference for years. Sadface.

Re: Gaga in Greece.
    How iconic? The most iconic! Also this:

guess how many minutes in one of her Gaga-isms comes?

17. This film feels like it'll probably be the most extensive cinematic representation of pop life in quite some time.

18. Or a reverse Joanne experience.

I know Joanne isn't country don't lynch me.

19. Gaga is the face of the Today's Top Hits playlist on Spotify. I am almost irrationally proud.

20. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Moderator

That would fit the plot of the original - albeit the "Ally" character goes from being a band singer to a screen idol.

The beats are still there. From 'authentic' (possibly country) beginnings she comes under the influences of a fading rockstar who makes her a star and then she turns commercial and begins to outshine his influence.

I said it before, but I wouldn't even be surprised if 'The Cure' is one of the "Ally goes commercial" songs.

Glitterizer likes this.