Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Already? Yup. Lana and her manager posted new shots of her in the studio yesterday, and confirmed a "beautiful" new album is in the works.

[​IMG]

2. I feel like we've already heard it. I genuinely really like Honeymoon, but she has to do something a little different now. Please. I do like that she's pushing out albums fast, considering she doesn't do much with them once they're out.

thefaceofyou likes this.
  3. YEAH LANA! Fu*k us hard once pro year Please!

The original prolific pop star of this world at the moment.

4. I'd take her being less prolific if it meant more defined bops.

5. I enjoyed Honeymoon, but it was seriously the most basic thing she could have done, anyone could have selected random unreleased songs, market them as an album and it would have been the same affair. Ultraviolence felt like it had much more unity, while Born to Die had the elegance. This time I'd love for her to do some dance-y cuts, I remember there was a Richard X remix for one of her songs which I enjoyed. Not actual dance stuff, but it'd be nice if the changed the pace a little bit. She needs a stronger, concentrated body of work, even if it means getting a 10-track album. She has the ability to do it, and the ethic as well, but I don't want her to put out something just for she sake of it - Honeymoon felt like that. I barely even listen to it these days.

6. Fuck me up Lana.

Moondust and constantino like this.
  7. Honeymoon been like a collection of random unreleased songs? haha I really laughed hard.
    if only 1/100 of your favs had those random unreleased songs to make something as strong and cinematographic as Honeymoon.

8. Lana should keep doing what she does best: create beautiful, enchanting soundscapes to immerse oneself in.

9. But I want BEATZ!!!!!!!!

10. She did that on Born To Die, but with better songs and less meandering. I'm not sure I want BTD II, but some more focus and grounding (I guess) would be a good thing.

(Dunno if this makes sense but it does to me.)

11. I don't really think she's ever stopped. Honeymoon, to me, felt like the ultimate in pop luxury. The quality of one's work is forever subjective, however.

michaelrose, Nightclubbing and enjoy like this.
  12. Yesss. I am excited for this. I love that she consistently releases new music.

michaelrose likes this.
  13. Her work ethic is admirable, especially considering how fickle she's been in the past about being an artist at the forefront. Not to mention that her music only improves with each album she puts out.

14. I can't wait. Her music always manages to entice me.

ohnostalgia and Kuhleezi like this.
  15. I want it all.

16. I'm on board, Honeymoon remains amazing and was a brilliant return to form with great melodies and brilliant middle 8s throughout.

NorthernStar, andru and Nightclubbing like this.
  17. Whilst Honeymoon remains her best slice of work, I stepped away from it pretty quickly as I didn't want to burn it out like Born to Die and Ultraviolence.

It doesn't really pull you in for multiple or random plays but when you start listening from front to back, you just embark on the journey and it's over before you know it. I feel like that's the beauty of Honeymoon, it never truly overstays it's welcome but it also leaves you feeling a bit nostalgic with a touch of sadness. I can only hope Lana continues on the road of quality work.

18. After Honeymoon, I need something a little more uptempo from Lana, and (at the risk of sounding like one of her annoying fanboys) I'd love for her to incorporate more hip-hop elements into her music again. "High by the Beach" with its trappy chorus was a step in the right direction, I think. Honeymoon consisted largely of slow burners and that probably turned off many casual listeners. Personally, I've got to admit that I rarely ever feel the urge to return to the album myself nowadays.

Chris_P likes this.
  19. Totally 100% here for Lana's 'Tangled Up'.

20. It's not that what she does is not executed right, Honeymoon is amazingly produced... but it feels like we had a billion of those songs already. It's time for a change.