Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life | Page 162 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 20, 2016.

1. RJF

RJF

I'm not sure why people want The Weeknd off of this when the magic and chemistry between them is part of what makes the track. Like yas immolate me in the shared flames from your respective loins.

2. I've enjoyed every Lana and The Weeknd collaboration, but this one definitely takes the cake. Their voices are incredible together.

3. I just don't appreciate this kind of softness in The Weeknd's voice. It is unpleasant to me. Where Lana sounds majestic and wistful, he sounds detached and technical to me. I only know him from a couple collaborations and believe he sounded better in those.

4. I really don't care for The Weeknd but his voice blends really well with Lana on the title track. Definitely serving me Without You chai's.

AXW and Sam de Jour like this.
  5. Not a huge The Weekend fan but his vocals really make the track stick. This is a great song, but I still prefer Love. It's just a little prettier.

BloodShyBait and JonesLloyd93 like this.
  6. Very WASP, very Slim Aarons, very summer vacation in Newport. An anthem for trust-fund girls in resorts where the sky's always blue and palm trees sway.

Terminus and RJF like this.
  7. We already have @imperialsteroid

insmileoutblood and KYLE like this.
  8. blissteria, slaybellz and Lander like this.
  9. I'm honestly surprised about the amount of indifference/negativity towards the The Weekend over here.

10. Suggesting this song would be better as a Lana solo is absolutely ridiculous.

Blackout 2.0 likes this.
  11. Pop Justice doesn't really do male artists, so I'm not that surprised.

12. If The Weeknd gets a 6 pack and does a photoshoot in his underwear grabbing his junk then he'll get some attention here.

13. Or it just boils down to not enjoying his music? I enjoyed Trilogy but everything since hasn't replicated the greatness of those three albums together.

blod likes this.
  14. Oh yeah, that's right because...........

15. Dare I say that it's sort of evident that the verses got turned into the pre-chorus? It's still a really good song and for me the best part about it (in addition to Lana/Abe's chemistry) is the production, it's the first time I've noticed the production in a Lana track for a long time. Kind of an updated BTD-album vibe really. Love still holds the no1 place for me tho, that melody remains impeccable.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Lapras likes this.
  16. Just found out Honeymoon got a cassette release. She's dedicated I tell you.

chasingthepast likes this.
  17. Supposedly that will never happen. I read somewhere that he has no nipples, and that's why he has never done anything shirtless. I forget where I read this now, but, apparently he is rather self-conscious about it all.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  18. I'm sure he could get that without the 6 pack.

Island likes this.
  19. This is my favorite post.

Icarus likes this.
  20. Their voices are lush together. I need a collaborative album from them in the future.