Laura Marling, General Discussion | LUMP | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laura Marling, General Discussion | LUMP

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Coming for that Best British Group nod at the BRITs.

2. That's the closest she's ever got to a bop and I'm here for it.

3. I felt nothing which is unusual as I love her.

Also why give it a horrible band name when she’s just worked with a different producer.

Rough Trade says an album is coming later this year.

4. What in the iamamiwhoami is going on here

5. My lovely lady LUMP, check it out!

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  6. The song is just okay but the video is ICONIC. LOVE.

7. Wow, love the song and the video, quite a different sound for Laura.

8. I thought the song was fantastic! Give it more listens sheeple.

9. I love Laura Marling and I still spin her albums very frequently, "Soothing" remains a Masterpiece I can't get enough of. However, she's never released a song that's been particularly catchy to me, but I can't get "Curse of The Contemporary" out of my head, I love that she's always taking new directions yet remains this very high standard. Vocals are absolutely out of this world.

It's interesting that some people didn't like her latest albums, I am actually not too much a fan of her first two records, she really got me with "A Creature I Don't Know". "Short Movie" - while not the best record for many - is actually my favourite album (although I love each one of the last 4) due to its slight psychedelic vibe.

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  10. The song has really grown on me and I abuse it every day. Really curious about the rest of the album. Since it's only 6-7 tracks I assume it's actually an ep?

11. I'm not on top of this, but Rough Trade gives you two extra songs:

"Rough Trade exclusive with a bonus CD featuring 2 brand new extra songs and a remix of the track Hand Hold Hero by Wrangler (Stephen Malinder from Cabaret Voltaire)."

12. Well. That's a little ridiculous.

Dennis likes this.
  13. She’s never released anything close to a poor record of course. I was a STAN of the first two, enjoyed the third but I think life got in the way slightly so it took Eagle for me to come back on board. While I think that’s an impeccable record, I rarely listen all the way through. Short Movie I essentially skipped and had to rediscover and I was totally on board again with Semper Femina (and think it’s the tightest thing she’s done since I Speak...!). Again, everything is high quality, it’s just personal.

14. They KNOW that I loved you
    But they'll never know why!
    They KNOW that I loved you
    But they'll never know why!
    It's kicking off...
    It's a short fucking movie, man!
    I know
    I won't try and take it slow.

One of the greatest song crescendos ever in a career filled with moments of pure, devastating emotional acurity and musical outbursts of unbridled angst.

Ugh, her mind.