Laura Marling - Semper Femina | Album #6 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laura Marling - Semper Femina | Album #6

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  2. I'm here for her feminist materpiece

Dr Pop likes this.
  3. I wish I liked her more. I thought she'd be like 90s Beth Orton but she's quite boring. At least that BRITS 2018 nomination is guaranteed.

Her wiki page made me laugh once as someone had entered that Short Movie was her first album title not to be made up of 6 syllables. That person is probably having a hard time coping with this new album title, I imagine.

Euphoria likes this.
  4. Yas come for that BRIT nomination!

5. Fuck I still need to get into Short Movie!

I love her (unless she does another bloody US exclusive) so I'll be investing in this.

6. I don't know if I like it.

I hate drawn out album releases. I know that much.

7. Soothing is pretty, but it's giving me 2012 Bat for Lashes

8. Love the new song.
    The last album and tour were fantastic.

9. I've tried so hard to get into her but she's so fucking dry.

10. Laura is fucking incredible and by far THE best living British Songwriter at present. I definitely find her looser efforts harder to get into, but it's never short of beautiful. I Speak Because I Can is a masterpiece, as is majority of Once I Was An Eagle. I ADORE the new song. Very different for her. And how gorgeous is the video and album cover?

11. I suggest foreplay.

Island likes this.
  12. LE0Night likes this.
  13. I like it but I am not wowed.

To be honest, Once I Was An Eagle was SUCH a peak for me that everything since has felt a little flat.