Leon Else - Protocol | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leon Else - Protocol

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mylesofsmiles93, Dec 26, 2013.

1. River Full of Liquor is catchy, and I really enjoyed Protocol, but really not down with the Drake school of being a borderline misogynist dick and getting away with it because... sad-face, that has been doing the rounds lately. Especially not when I'm supposed to buy Leon, with his below-average looks and neutered falsetto* as some kind of irresistible 'player' figure. RFoL is not catchy ENOUGH for that.

Josef Salvat is probably going for the same market niche and doing it a gazillion times better.

(*I realise this might've sounded harsher than I meant it to, sorry)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. Leon's just signed to Interscope. Can't wait to see what 2015 holds for him.

3. Leon's first major label song 'Black Car' is up on Spotify

4. Ooh, I really like this new one!

5. This is really interesting and a very accessible bop at the same time. I dig it.

6. New single "The City Don't Care" featuring Oliver is out.
    This is so gloriously 80's, it could've easily fit on the Drive soundtrack.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  7. He moves very well in that "Dance" video, although the song itself isn't it.

8. That song for "How To Get Away With Murder" was so good, everything else was trash.

9. The City Don't Care is a new wave bop. Ugh, I love Oliver, those guys are talented. I wonder if there's more...

everybodylovesx and Minorkey like this.
  10. It's a possibility, they did do a lovely remix of 'Dance'.

11. His last two singles are strong. I wouldn't mind a whole album of this sound.

In what impossibly-high-standard universe though? Granted, he's got a whiff of 'emo band frontman' about him but he still looks like a pop star.

everybodylovesx likes this.
  12. 10/10, It's so good!

13. THIS. IS. SO. GOOD

14. He finally came out on Facebook. Good for him x

15. He was not talking only about the song when he said "Out on Friday" then :D
    Glad that he found some self-acceptance