Liam Payne - 'Strip That Down' & debut album | Page 81 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liam Payne - 'Strip That Down' & debut album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by MarlonBrando86, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Wow, this is far worse than I ever imagined it would be. I was expecting something beige, not something that sounds like a Weird Al Yankovic track.

x

2. "That's what makes you kind of beautiful"

3. I liked it for the first four plays but I'm kinda over it already.

Alouder98 likes this.
  4. The 1D line is gonna make the song age really badly. It reminds me of Sheezus, but at least that was a silly album track rather than a launchpad for a solo career.

5. It's not offensively bad, but it's flat out... embarrassing? His delivery up until the first chorus is literally exactly how he sings in every 1D song but they put a generic 2000s hip hop beat to it and called it a day. I didn't even pay attention to what he was saying because it's just mediocre. He's literally that thing of white people trying to be black and doing terribly.

In two years when this doesn't work for him we'll be seeing him do the whole "I regret acting like that" act and then dropping a full pop album.

6. This has certainly been a week of white people trying to be black.

7. HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And that's all I have to say.

Felp likes this.
  8. Honestly you're all missing the point. It's hilarious. There's a gap in the market for comedy pop. This is just a brilliant brilliant meta-parody.

Honestly.

9. This song is a joke right? When is his actual first single coming out?

10. Girl no. Not with this song you don't.
    Get back to the baby.

slaybellz and Euphoria like this.
  11. Since the single teasing campaign started, my thirst for him did a 360. This bro aesthetic, everything else that had to do with him literally killed every ounce of attraction I had towards him. And now the single is the true cherry on top. /bye

Smooth Criminal and Subspace88 like this.
  12. He just should give it up and bottom for Bel Ami.

Lander, Wishlight, Leopold and 4 others like this.
  14. I meant 180°, oopsies. Point is, he was my favourite from 1D and I was genuinely rooting for him. It's just disappointing, was hoping he'd so something more mature.

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  15. If someone told you this was a JLS track from 2011, would you question it? Fuck me, this is embarrassingly mediocre.

Also, the Apple Music description of the track is equally repelling.

'The One Direction [I'M NOW FREE victoriajustice.gif] star makes his intentions crystal clear on this seriously sexy single. It draws heat from a club-friendly beat that allows Payne to indulge his deepest playboy fantasies. He flows like Ed Sheeran at his most raptastic, while Quavo from Migos takes the baton and sprints towards the finish.'

Wishlight, Leopold, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  16. Technically this is true, although the diarrheal imagery is likely unintentional.

17. This wouldn't sound so out of place on the next Conner4Real album.

18. It's the Payne Chain becoming his "thing" that I love. That sort of gross flashiness is so 2005 and when it comes from a white British male it just comes off as chavvy/new money. Just cringe all round basically.

19. What is this guy doing? Awful new personality, awful song.. Not everyone can be Zayn, bye..

20. R92

R92

This is fucking terrible, oh my god. I want that minute of my life back.