Little Boots General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little Boots General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by bichard, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Hopefully its better than Nocturnes. That was very hit and miss. Still here for her, though.

2. Yes! And she just favourited a tweet of mine.

3. I wonder if Business Pleasure is still included as part of the album, I hope not so we have more new songs to come.

4. I heard Taste It in New Look yesterday and was reminded of how boring it was. I wish she'd just sometimes give in to pure pop without trying to be interesting or quirky.

5. Yeah I hope the Business Pleasure EP isn't the template for the new album. I'd rather it was a side project of more low-key songs that didn't fit on the more bombastic album. I'm not expecting a massive pop affair of course, but something with a few more hooks and stellar melodies would be greatly appreciated! Something taking a lead from the more pop/dance moments from Nocturnes (Broken Record, Shake, Crescendo, Every Night I Say A Prayer, Satellites) would be gratefully received!

6. I hope not. I hate the new trend of putting out EPs that turn out to be not much more than a preview of the LP.

7. I'm not a fan of them either, not when most of my faves have released amazing, fully formed EPs that eclipse most albums.

8. Return to RedOne plz.

9. I actually really liked Heroine.

10. I enjoy Business Pleasure and it gave us Little Boots' only good music video ever.

11. I thought it was clear that the best direction for her after Nocturnes was an album full of "Nocturnal Versions." I like her best when she noodles around for about six minutes before introducing a hook.

12. Just be full of massive hooks and choruses. Please.

13. Prepping her own Hairless Toys I'm sure.

14. Little Boots is better at controlling her own image but the music needs some bombast and tighter hooks.

15. She's a straight up excellent pop writer. All the nods to electro and cool dance music are great and all but just do it with fantastic melodies. Her first album is absolutely choc full of them and to a slightly lesser degree Nocturnes. Taste It was a nice diversion but I want big choruses Boots back.

16. She's not a pop star. She should write for people who are.

17. I don't think anyone, least of all herself, is expecting her to hit massively. But she seems to have positioned herself financially to be able to continue doing what she wants without major label involvement or interference. I hope that means great tunes, not minimalist dance and house, as I really don't think that is where her strength lies.

18. I'm a bit nervous about this. Hopefully it's as good as Hands.

19. I'm looking forward to this just a little bit...

I enjoyed Nocturnes but can see why some were put off. Is she still not releasing physicals except for vinyl for this project?